Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!
View Poll Results: Who has had problems with there car?
Have never had any problems. Just done the normal maintenence ( oil change, brakes, etc. ).
45.66%
Have had a few problems here and there, but nothing major.
35.35%
Have had major problems with my car ( tranny, engine, etc. ).
16.16%
Have had severe car problems ( Items have been replaced more then once ).
2.83%
Voters: 495. You may not vote on this poll

Everyone Respond: Who has Had problems with there car and who hasnt had problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
joe6680 will become famous soon enoughjoe6680 will become famous soon enough
Re: Everyone Respond: Who has Had problems with there car and who hasnt had problems!

What is considered a problem and whats considered maintenance? I have about 75,000 miles on an 01 and I would say so far so good. I had to replace brake pads and struts, but I think these fall under the category of maintenance not problems.
Old 07-18-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Everyone Respond: Who has Had problems with there car and who hasnt had problems!

Way to bring a thread back from ze dead.
Old 07-18-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
colourwolf will become famous soon enough

^^Opps...my bad.....i was bored lol
Old 11-25-2009
Registered!!

Ckutch02EX is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought an 02 5 speed ex coupe brand new. Had to replace the left front strut twice before the car hit 6k. At 100,000k had to have the tranny rebiult.

I traded it in for an 05 5 speed ex coupe. Car has 57,000 miles on it and the only problem I have with this one is the clear coat peeling off of the front bumper. everything else is good to go. Loved them both.
Old 11-25-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

front bumpers are cheap! ive seen PAINTED front bumpers for only $200 shipped on ebay!
Old 12-06-2009
Registered!!

Awjvail is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got an 02 coupe with 155k miles on it.

The drivers side lock actuator is gone, I've got bent rotors on the front wheels that I'm having fixed soon, I've got a fairly large parking lot dent in the front drivers side fender.

Oh and my clutch is going.

Although most of that is maintenance, minus the actuator which are crappy on all Civics and the fender which was the result of an accident.
Old 12-18-2009
Registered!!

dma001 is an unknown quantity at this point

My 2001 LX sedan has 67,500 miles on it. I've had two struts and broken motor mounts replaced (all under warranty); this summer one of the power steering pump's seals failed & one additional motor mount had to be replaced. Other than that, just regular maintenance and FP60 in every tank. She gets 30 mpg in the city.
Old 12-19-2009
Registered!!

neughost is an unknown quantity at this point

Fixing other people's problems. Im at 138K, just dropped a new motor cuz the kid that owned it blew the motor. The people that put it in didn't know what the hell they were doing, so I'm "working the bugs out". I am an auto tech by trade and love these things because they are commonly so headache free. I've owned two. My last one was a 90 hatchback with 258k on it and ran fine, passed emissions, and cost less than $500 per year to own /maintain/insure. I even turned a profit when I sold it I got a good deal on the current because of the headaches brought on by people in over their head. I think you may find your poll numbers slightly biased due to the multitude of folks joining the site BECAUSE they have a problem. Take it with a grain of salt is all I ask, stock or tuned these cars rock!
Old 12-21-2009
Registered!!

Teasip is an unknown quantity at this point

'08 Si, rattle in driver's trim piece next to top, back edge of door. I also have the hesitation in the engine when the engine is cold but once it warms up it's ok. I haven't seen others post on this so I don't know if it's an issue or not.
Old 12-27-2009
Registered!!

tayloranderson7 is an unknown quantity at this point

02 ex. had my shifter cable snap...prolly my fault when learning how to drive stick when first bought the car. also had accelerator cable snap going down interstate...no clue how. Other than that just some minor body work stuff
Old 12-27-2009
Registered!!

Shade is an unknown quantity at this point

then again i just got my car a week ago and i like it alot but i havent had her long enough to see any problems. BTW its a 98,lol.
Old 12-29-2009
Registered!!

Natalie.B is an unknown quantity at this point

a couple flat tires...but nothing that serious.
Old 12-29-2009
Registered!!

batman900 will become famous soon enough

03 EX coupe 5 speed 62k miles "name Sara." No problems just minor anoyances. Ive accidently run over a curb, driven in over a ft of snow/ice for a combine 300 miles without stop, drive on crappy stop and go roads every day, raced a few times for fun and she still pulls 41mpg on the hwy and feels and looks the same as the day I baught her.
Old 07-18-2010
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

I've had my Si for a year and I had to replace the tie rod ends I think around 128k. That was only time I've ever replaced them on a car. Would you count rusted fasteners as a problem? Lol. I've had to improvise and break out the Dremel a few times. Other than that, just oil changes, transmission fluid changes, coolant change, clutch fluid replacement, brakes(and fluid), and a tune up. Living up in NY, replacing an exhaust on an older car happens, but I don't count that. The only other thing I have had an issue with is the motor mounts. The welding broke(from rust or something) and I need to go to the shop and get it fixed.
Old 08-08-2010
Registered!!

oaky is an unknown quantity at this point

I've had to replace two rear tires. Bought 2009 Civic EX-L Dec. 2009. First starting having trouble at 2,011 miles in March 2010. Vibration in rear tires. Honda dealer techs unable to detect problem. Had tires rotated at 15,191 miles. Vibration worse and had them rotated back like they were. Had to replace RR tire in April 2010 and left rear tire in July 2010. Honda dealer states that there is no mechanical malfunction causing the tires to wear and vibrate. Both tires had many wear spots on them. This should not happen with so little mileage and Honda should make it good. I'm a careful driver and I take good care of my car. This is my first Honda and I'm wondering if it will be my last. Going to contact Honda Corp. to see if they will do anything, but I'm not going to hold my breath!
Old 08-08-2010
Registered!!

D17cancun is an unknown quantity at this point

Clutch p[ressure issuess

but find solution in here
thanks to riceboy!!
Old 08-08-2010
Registered!!

kubunggo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!

Never really had a problem when I got my 2001 vti. Only started changing major stuff recently (2009) due to length of use - aircon evaporator, rack ends, ball joints, bushings, and clutch discs. Otherwise, I just did standard maintenance from normal use.
Old 08-27-2010
Registered!!

Caymanized is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought the car, the guy I bought it from said it needed a condenser. After running hells half acre to FIND ONE, it turns out it was the pusher line for the A/C... Go figure. Not to mention my fender is rusted out where the bumper is supposed to connect it. Gotta take that and have it welded so that I can actually install my bumper the proper way. Other than that, and having no power (D15 FTL!!!) XD, nothing much.
Old 10-17-2010
Registered!!

nuxil is an unknown quantity at this point

I only have 65 000KM or 40 000Miles on my Honda Civic 2001 LX-G.
And no problems on it, just normal maintenance.

I used to have a lot of problems when I owned a Dodge Stratus, boy it was expensive to maintain that car, it is why I switched with Civic !!!!
Old 11-04-2010
Registered!!

joshcc is an unknown quantity at this point

2001 coupe and ive replaced the transmission, motor, axles, the exhaust manifold has a fatty crack in it and i guess a bushing in the lower control arm is gone which is preventing alignment
Old 11-24-2010
Registered!!

Nicky3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought a 2005 civic ex about 6 months ago and it's my first Honda. I figured it make for a reliable used car. I'm now at 78k. I had an issue with coolant spraying everywhere and my mechanic replaced the radiator cap. It did it again 200 miles later and this time I lost heat and temp went wonky but didn't quite overheat. They found hydrocarbons in the emissions and did a test and found the head gasket leaking on the #2 and 3 cylinders. I'm really surprised to have this sort of problem with such low mileage.
Old 11-27-2010
Registered!!

JBLU93DXH is an unknown quantity at this point

1993 DX hatch...

Exhaust has been replaced from the cat back twice since I've owned it. (since dec '06)

Distributor needed replacing in '08 as it cranked and cranked. Otherwise I love getting an average of 425 miles out of a tank with two gallons remaining each time no matter how I drive it
Old 12-06-2010
Registered!!

civtegra is an unknown quantity at this point

rounding 200k on the 95 b18(a1 swap)ive replaced everything tranny just went out with the clutch at the same time ..only to find an also cracked flywheel....you know little things!!!
Old 12-06-2010
Registered!!

SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough

Well my car was in a flash flood and totaled. I then bought the car back from the car insurance pretty cheap. Well to make keep things short did not turn on car for about a year and a half was rough when turned on after new fluids had to change ac blower shifting lever(AT) and a few things here and there but now the car is my main one again and i still think its as reliable as ever with only 38000 miles on it. Dont think air bags work any more put been to lazy to replace it and getting some wires that dont look to good but still all good
Old 12-06-2010
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

I need to replace my CV axles and lower balljoints this weekend. The latter I figure I might as well do since I need to move them to finish the CV job. The CVs went on my old Corolla around the same time(near 140k), so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. The roads here probably didn't help either. Other than that, the car has been pretty good to me. The climate control switch I had did eff up and I swapped in another one I got off of eBay which works 100%. Not perfect, but the car hasn't let me down.
Old 10-10-2012
Registered!!

MOHSIN is an unknown quantity at this point

My 2009 civic dxg is giving me 420 km around 39 liters its to bad i should get 500 km ,i bought from honda dealership its a honda certified but has mileage problem i went to honda they say everything depends on car to car looks li ke i made a mistake in buying the new civic old was to good.
Old 10-10-2012
Registered!!

raymondxcho is an unknown quantity at this point

Only things I replaced on my car were my rear bumper and a driver's side door lock actuator. Other than an AC belt that likes to squeal when the engine is cold and some suspension creaking/rattling noise at slow turns, the car drives like a champ and doesn't give me any problems.
Old 10-10-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

lol, Mohsin, i reeealy wonder which search words did you use to bring this thread back to life ("car problem", perhaps? LOL!)
that was fun so this one passes through :P
Old 11-15-2012
Registered!!

OGSurfer is an unknown quantity at this point

Have an 04 5 speed with a growling sound when the clutch is out
Old 05-22-2014
Registered!!

Colonel Panik is an unknown quantity at this point

2003 Civic 240,xxx miles
One problem: The locks and ignition had to be replaced.
Expensive but over the 11 years and 240,xxx miles not too bad.

ONE PROBLEM, that is just awesome.