Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

i bought a PO_.....oh well

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005
I haven't been here in a long time

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy i bought a PO_.....oh well

ok so im a student as some of you may know. and i work full time at a tow truck company. anyway i live in CA and prices for gas are a bitch, and im starting to hate putting on so many miles on my car from my numerous trips to school and back home throughout the week. well i got an opportunity today to buy this 89 honda accord that in fact is really clean on the inside, has power everything, and the AC works and its colder than my 01 civic. plus its stick shift and kinda fun to drive. here it goes the conversation with my boss:

boss: adrian (thats my name) call the lean company on this accord and have them fax you the paperwork so i can sell it to the junk yard guy.

me: what car? that clean accord?

boss: yeah im selling it for 1500 so i need the paperwork

me: wow 1500? thats a bit high, is that what they owe us?

boss: yeah 1500 in storage fees....so thats what i have to sell it for.

me: damn i would buy off of you cuz i need a "beater but a runner" to get to school, cuz i hate that im putting so many miles on my civic.

boss: **** if you want it take it...ill let you have it for $300

me: what!!! really? ok take it off my paycheck, i have no money today.

boss: sure, i wasnt planning on paying you anyways....hahahahahaha im just kidding ***.

note: thats how we get along calling each other names

me: ok thanks. ill take it for a test drive!

--------------------------

so i got a new old car for 300 bucks. what do you think guys? i think it just needs a new battery and a tune up but its pretty nice oh and it has a dent on the side. I actually tried to sell it to someone here but he didnt reply so I got it. have you guys had any experience with these? its a 89 ACCORD. can i do anything to it to spruce it up a bit, engine wise i mean without making a hole in my waller, i rather do that for the civic.

PS: i know this should be in member's ride talk but I'll get more attention here
plus if any mods want to move it, go ahead i dont really care lol.
Old 08-06-2005
Registered!!

fuzzylogic426 is an unknown quantity at this point
hahah, your boss sounds awesome, calling you an "***". well, not because he called you an *** , but he can joke around with ya and stuff. i dont think i would ever be able to call my boss an ***. lol
Old 08-06-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
i saw just give it a tune up and drive it to the wheels fall off im looking for a good beater car now, but can't find anything. and seems lieka cool boss reminds me of mine*also my dad* but still we have fun atwork.
Old 08-06-2005

mkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by fuzzylogic426
hahah, your boss sounds awesome, calling you an "***". well, not because he called you an *** , but he can joke around with ya and stuff. i dont think i would ever be able to call my boss an ***. lol
yeah he's pretty cool, the other day HE misplaced an invoice and blamed it on me. So in the middle of the night when he called me about it, i went back to work to look for it because it also had 300 dollars stapled to it. he was out looking for cars so i called him into the office to help me look for it. it took us about two hours to finaly find the damn thing on top of his desk under his coffee mug. it was updside down so it looked like a normal piece of paper. he got all super red and gave me 100 dollars just for waking up at 2am to look for the invoice. i guess he looks to me as the son he never had or something. its kinda weird. but yeah HES REALLY COOL.
Old 08-06-2005
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
yep my boss is like that but not like the son kind of way that u think of your boss. we always joke around and always mess around. anyways accords are real nice cars if u keep it runnin real good and keeping up maintenance. moding it....i have no clue. i guess the best thing u can do is look around for some stuff. pretty sure there are things out there that are pretty cheap.
Old 08-06-2005
Vic's almost done... thats sorta depressing...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Octane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud of
If it was me, ide save the money for the vic and run the accord till it blows/breaks/wheels fall off, but thats just my .02
Old 08-06-2005

^i'm thinking the same thing. but i think im just going to give it a tune up. and buy like a k&n filter for it, and better spark plugs, maybe change the timing belt. just to ensure it'll last at least another two years. it already has 160,231mi on it.
Old 08-06-2005
Registered!!

civ10jbiz is an unknown quantity at this point
pictures??
Old 08-06-2005

yeah ill post them as soon as i take them.
Old 08-06-2005
Registered!!

Black03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura about
sweet, good luck wit the beater
Old 08-06-2005
I am your Mom's Hero!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

KnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really nice
A great deal IMO...awesome for you...your boss kicks ***!! Now you can park the vic and work on it!!
Old 08-06-2005
Registered!!

Wolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura about
cool, I need to get one too.
Old 08-06-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to behold
That's really cool actually. 80's model Hondas are usually pretty reliable....
Old 08-06-2005
I spend way too much time on this website

LowSky is an unknown quantity at this point
89 civic were the best one built.. mav favorites are the coupe LXi's those were sweet
Old 08-07-2005

haha you guys are awesome....i thought i was going to get something like...yep you did buy a POS. and yeah...ill park the vic and work work work.
Old 08-07-2005
Registered!!

JP375 is an unknown quantity at this point
My previous car was an 89 Accord coupe. That car was my baby. The 89's are awesome. That sucker was a freakin automotive marvel for 1989. Very fun car to drive and absolutely awesome engine. Only 120hp, but it was very peppy. Have fun with the Accord, the only downside is, they are actually pretty complicated for an 89, and can be expensive to fix when things go bad.
Old 10-25-2006

wow so its been like a year since ive been here. i dont even think any of you remember me, anyway ever since i bought this car i found another forum and i kinda got hooked to it. i have already spent a lot of money on the car lol...and the vic i left as it was since ive been here. kinda funny how **** turns out

anyway if you guys want to see it or are interested just click here
Old 10-25-2006
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
Nice it looks like this beater got more attention..
Old 10-25-2006
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
yay for beaters, im about to pick one up my self 86 nissan truck....woot!
Old 10-25-2006
YUL
Registered!!

YUL has a spectacular aura aboutYUL has a spectacular aura about
damn, looks hot like hell man. Good job on the restoration process!
Old 10-25-2006

thanks...yeah. i figured, no payments, insurance is low....and everything needs to be fabricated because that car has NO aftermarket support. lol....so it sounded like a challenge that i wanted to take. plus the civic right now is just more confertable for long trips. i do drive the 3gee more than the 7thgen
Old 10-25-2006
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
No engine swap?
I've seen a couple 3g accords with h22s shoved in there.

And where is this junkyard at?
Sounds like they have some decent car parts.
Old 10-25-2006

wtf..youve seen 3g's with an h22. i only know of two that ive seen personally. its ****ing hard to swap an engine in that car. there was only ONE company taht made mounts for this car for b series swap but they went out of business. and from what i know there is no company that makes mounts for h22's in the 3g. you would have to custom fab everything.

like i said though, there is virtually no freaking support. the intake i had to make out of other parts, as well as most of my mods. the only thing you can really buy is oem spec **** and JDM stuff thats expensive as hell....but you all know that. lol.

and what jy are you talking about? i work for an tow company. PPI (Private Property Impounds)

plus the A20 that comes in this car is freaking awesome for boost. it can hold up to 12psi on stock everything. there is a guy that has one of the fastest's A20's. 9sec monster of an engine! The only engine swap that is just straight forward and you dont need mounts for is the B20A that came in the JDM 85-88 Accords. they're hard to find and even harder to get parts for. but its a great engine comes with 160hp stock.

Last edited by mkymonkey; 10-25-2006 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10-26-2006
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
I was looking at a used 4th gen accord as a beater.
! wanted to know what I could do to it and of course the H22 swap was the popular option.
Along the way I found a couple of 3rd gens with H22s too.
Too bad I don't have any links or pics.

I've seen boosted 3rd gens and damn that bumper gives no space for a IC.
Old 10-26-2006

lol yeah it doesnt. the fastest 3g that ive seen in person is this one
http://img57.imageshack.us/my.php?im...urbo0229cm.jpg

http://img57.imageshack.us/my.php?im...ures0017pv.jpg

he used the mounts that were being sold back in 2000. it came with all the mounts and custom axels. cost about 2500. fvcking awesome car dude, especially in person. 409hp on 17psi
Old 10-26-2006
Registered!!

reqy will become famous soon enoughreqy will become famous soon enough
*drooooooooool*

i personally don't think the 89 Accords are POS's. 245k miles on same engine and transmission (and still going) really says somethin about them. You don't realize how much not a POS a car is until it's gone.

You don't have to worry much about theft or about parking next to a crappy parker. Every time we thought it would break down after long distance driving. The thing is such a trooper.

Still won't forget that day i saw it with it's new owner on the road.
Old 10-26-2006

lol...actually when i bought the car and i was all into this civic thing...i did think it was a pos. i just bought it to sell it and make some money. but i fell in love man. it handles great, its peppy and the things that this engine can do just awestuck me. so i decided to keep it and mod IT instead of the vic. and my car right now has 203k on it. time for a rebuild for turbo.
Old 10-27-2006
Registered!!

Kaden_23 is an unknown quantity at this point
That is awesome. I should do that!
Old 10-28-2006

do it why not....