Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Traded the civic...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dvsdara is an unknown quantity at this point
Traded the civic...

I couldn't help to notice the amount of threads about people trading their or getting rid of their civic. I recently just got rid of my baby too. I went out quietly but I'll share with the 7thgen community. I went down to a Toyota dealer on the 24th of July to check out some Tacoma Double Cab. Found this Super White, Double Cab Short Bed, SR5 with a Sport Package. Sports tuned suspension with Bilstein shocks, door sills protector, 6-disc single-feed cd changer, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Got $9,500 for the trade. I had about $3900 left of the vic so I put down another $1,000. Payments aren't that bad. Only paying $125 more than the civic. Insurance is an extra $43 for the whole year. I'll post pics with I get the chance. I haven't taken any shots of my new baby yet.
Old 08-05-2005
Registered!!

cwick187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool!! I like the new tacoma's...Good choice...Did you ever check out the Titans?? I heard you can get a good deal on those with 4X4 and V8 standard/
Old 08-05-2005
Registered!!

The Titans are BIG man. I really like them too I don't think that me and my wife would've been able to afford it. Plus, my life really liked the Tacoma too.
Old 08-05-2005
Registered!!

scizod is an unknown quantity at this point
How much more are you paying in gas now. My buddy has a new tacoma like yours and he says its a pig on gas. You may want to look into that lubecontrol stuff that we use on our cars.
Old 08-05-2005
I survived that B*tch Katrina !!!

boombazokajoe91 is an unknown quantity at this point
my boy just bought an 05 titan extended cab fully loaded .. i fell in love w/ it i want one now... its awesome...
Old 08-05-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by scizod
How much more are you paying in gas now. My buddy has a new tacoma like yours and he says its a pig on gas. You may want to look into that lubecontrol stuff that we use on our cars.
Haha. Almost double what I paid for the civic. It's not that bad. I always drive the civic til it was down to right about the E. I use Mobil 89. It always came out to almost $30 ever fill-up. Then again, it took almost 2 weeks before I'd have to fill-up again in the civic. I average between 32-34 mpg. I reset the trip meter on every fill up. It's like OCD.
Old 08-05-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by boombazokajoe91
my boy just bought an 05 titan extended cab fully loaded .. i fell in love w/ it i want one now... its awesome...
That's how it was like when I test drove the Tacoma. It's smooth and even though it's high off the ground, the thing handles pretty good. Of course, I'm not gonna push it around the corners as much as I did with the civic. It's so much better than driving a small car. The interior space is much roomier. I can fit 3 adults in the back comfortably. Got the bed for moving crap or whatever. Compartments behind and under the seat. I got all the car cleaning stuff behind the seats. It's nice man. Big change from driving a civic.
Old 08-05-2005
A big, hairy Kentucky boy
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

stinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to all
Originally Posted by dvsdara
That's how it was like when I test drove the Tacoma. It's smooth and even though it's high off the ground, the thing handles pretty good. Of course, I'm not gonna push it around the corners as much as I did with the civic. It's so much better than driving a small car. The interior space is much roomier. I can fit 3 adults in the back comfortably. Got the bed for moving crap or whatever. Compartments behind and under the seat. I got all the car cleaning stuff behind the seats. It's nice man. Big change from driving a civic.
You had no room in your civic? Last december, I drove around Louisville, KY with 5 adults(1 in passenger seat, 4 in the back seat) riding with me in my 2003 coupe.

Hehe, the Tacoma is a very nice truck and a very good choice of vehicle to purchase. The Titan is huge.
Old 08-05-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by stinkypie
You had no room in your civic? Last december, I drove around Louisville, KY with 5 adults(1 in passenger seat, 4 in the back seat) riding with me in my 2003 coupe.

Hehe, the Tacoma is a very nice truck and a very good choice of vehicle to purchase. The Titan is huge.
The room in the civic isn't bad. It's just that my wife also has an Integra. We like to travel a lot, so having two small cars kinda sucks. We're saving her integra for her brother to have in a couple of years. Her mom will give us money for the car to take as a down payment for a new car. Looking towards and TL for her.
Old 08-05-2005
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
those trucks are freakin' hot! The xrunner is my favorite truck... comes like this from the factory. I'd get it in manual.

Old 08-05-2005
Registered!!

LayinLo is an unknown quantity at this point
Titans are sooo pimp.
Old 08-05-2005
I am your Mom's Hero!!

KnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really nice
That is a cool truck...a decent trade in!!! Congrats to you!!!
Old 08-05-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
nice, toyota honestly makes the best truck in that class. my dad has a tundra, and i drove it around about 100 miles in town one day last week, and i dont think i could ever drive a truck daily, they feel too clumsy and you have to slow down a lot. with the civic (esp with 2k in suspension) you can drive it "fast" all the time, and not really have to slow down that much. i wouldnt buy a truck, i would just borrow my dads whenever i need it.