Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

thought you might like this pic

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
thought you might like this pic

i was taking pictures randomly of the civic today cause i got a chance to and i took this one lovely shot. the images are unaltered except for the black top and bottom borders and my screen name. here it is so you can see in 640x480 resolution (right click, save as to save):

if you want a larger size, then here they are:
800x600
1024x768
1280x1024
1600x1200

after i took this pic, i got REAAAAAAAALLLY bored...so i decided to fix my stock headlights. they were painted black a long time ago, but i kept the housings separated until i got some time. well, i had the entire day to do nothing, so i modified the coupe orange inserts i got (they're different from the sedan) and glued those in to the black housings, then i had to do something about the gaping hole on the bottomside of my passenger headlight.

i have a huge sheet of acrylic that i bought because i felt like it so i cut a small piece of the acrylic and glue that **** on top of the hole. that should take care of any condensation issues i may have in the future.

pics of the now covered hole:

and the headlights:

Last edited by infinite012; 08-04-2005 at 08:58 PM.
Old 08-04-2005
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
nice, you're getting some good use out of your new camera.
i want my nikon d70 my n80 will have to do right now though...
Old 08-04-2005

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Caucasian.Asian
nice, you're getting some good use out of your new camera.
i want my nikon d70 my n80 will have to do right now though...
when you get your d70 tell me how it is. i want to compare pics, but that's practically impossible since i can't own 2 DSLRs...
Old 08-04-2005
Registered!!

isuzu5000 will become famous soon enoughisuzu5000 will become famous soon enough
sweet pic....whats the difference b/w the sedan/coupe headlights
Old 08-04-2005
Got Bags?

HondaNation is on a distinguished road
Old 08-04-2005

sedans use a different reflector. it's more complex in design than the coupe headlight (it has more lines than the coupe reflector)

coupes have these weird ridges in the turn signal area whereas the sedan headlights are smooth in that spot.

coupes use a different amber piece than the sedan. they are NOT interchangeable without modification.

coupes mount the chrome trim (that part you paint when blacking out your headlights) with 2 "torx" bolts as opposed to the sedan's single philips screw.

believe it or not, sedan has a wider headlight

sedan allows for up/down/left/right beam pattern adjustability. coupes have only up/down.

coupes use a different parking light bulb holder. the bulbs are the same, just the shape of the bulb holder is different/smaller than the sedan.

coupes use a different bulb "shield". again, held on with torx bolts instead of philips head screws.

that's all that i can think of right now...that list is for 01-03 headlight comparison only...
Old 08-04-2005
Registered!!

EssEss21 is an unknown quantity at this point
engine shot would be cooler if it wasnt stock. i have one with my painted valve cover intake header nd so on exactly like that one, ill post it up later
Old 08-04-2005

Originally Posted by EssEss21
engine shot would be cooler if it wasnt stock. i have one with my painted valve cover intake header nd so on exactly like that one, ill post it up later
lol well, it ain't my car. i might be able to paint it, but what color? green? that's hideous.

edited: i sound like an ***. maybe i should lay off the crack!

please post your engine shot, EssEss21. i've always wanted a polished valve cover.

Last edited by infinite012; 08-04-2005 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-04-2005
I am your Mom's Hero!!

KnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really nice
Thanks for my new background!! That shot is awesome!!!
Old 08-04-2005
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
The headlights look nice as hell man.
Old 08-04-2005

thanks, but they're just spares hehehehe
Old 08-05-2005
Registered!!

EssEss21 is an unknown quantity at this point
The background in yours is better, mine is just focused in on the engine bay...and my camera isnt an SLR. but here it is
Old 08-05-2005

i can't see it?

edit: Now i see it

Last edited by infinite012; 08-05-2005 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-05-2005
Registered!!

IDQcivic should not be trusted
I don't see what's so special about the picture, what exactly should I be looking for????
Old 08-05-2005

the composition of the picture is nice? i dunno. i just thought it was a cool shot.
Old 08-05-2005
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
i have a question, why do you have a huge hole in one of ur lights? Otherwise, wonderful picture!
Old 08-05-2005

haha funny story. this was waaaaay before i got into the whole modification craze of lights.

i was reading on 7thgen "how do i clear my lights?" or one of those threads about DIY clearing the headlights. i saw that one of the members had posted a how-to, so i decided "hey, i want to do that. i'll go do it now!" so i took the headlights off of the car, and turned on the oven. i turned the oven on because well..it was in the instructions. what the instructions FAILED to mention was that you PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 350F THEN TURN IT OFF! and THENNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!! you put the headlights in for 3-7 minutes.

i melted the headlight.