Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Totalled The Vic. Need A New Car.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
White05EXSE is an unknown quantity at this point
Totalled The Vic. Need A New Car.

Was behind some bitch today, she slams on her brakes, i go around her, lose control, and overcorrect; go across the street and slam into a church sign. If i had had a passenger, they'd be dead. I got off with some bruises and a darvacet script, not that it eases the pain. Totalled my car with only 5000 miles on it. I probably won't be able to get full insurance now, so i'm looking to spend 5 to 7.5 thousand on a car. looking for suggestions.
Old 08-04-2005
Registered!!

Black03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura about
glad your okay dude, as far a car, is that cash for a downpayment or buy a used car out right?.
Old 08-04-2005
Banned

01redJDM is on a distinguished road
hooly **** man that sucks. u totalled ur car 2day & are already lookin for a new one!! I remembered when I totaled I was in shock for almost a week. Anyway man, hope u be ok. go with a 93-94 civic red sedan IMO.
Old 08-04-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
ouch go from an new civic to only being able to spend like 7500 that sucks yea go with a used 99 si or something i guess, see what you can find for that price
Old 08-04-2005
Registered!!

cosmo is an unknown quantity at this point
That sucks man, can I buy your taillights and gauge cluster? Help you buy something else..
Old 08-04-2005
Cocky guys kick ass!

Cocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura about
old boosted hatchback.
Old 08-04-2005
Registered!!

midnightblueEX has a little shameless behaviour in the past
if u look around you can probably find a used 7th gen 01 for around 7.5
Old 08-04-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
get a ek hatch
Old 08-04-2005
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
new saturn sky!!!!
Old 08-04-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
holy ****...that suck major ballz...if ur fog lights are ok can i have em?...lol jk...but no seriously...(this is actually the first time i asked for parts on a totaled car)
Old 08-04-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ragingSPAM
holy ****...that suck major ballz...if ur fog lights are ok can i have em?...lol jk...but no seriously...(this is actually the first time i asked for parts on a totaled car)
did that remind anyone else of ben stiller from dodgeball?

anyways, i'm going to go ahead and guess that the person who was in front of you didn't care to stop to see if you were okay and fled the scene of the crime. if you got her license plate number that would be REALLY good and you can charge her for leaving the scene and reckless (probably?) driving.

if it were up to me to get another car, i'd look for a miata, but i'm slightly biased

if you can't see yourself in a miata, then get a ek/eg hatch. those are sexy beasts
Old 08-04-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
Originally Posted by infinite012

anyways, i'm going to go ahead and guess that the person who was in front of you didn't care to stop to see if you were okay and fled the scene of the crime. if you got her license plate number that would be REALLY good and you can charge her for leaving the scene and reckless (probably?) driving.

if it were up to me to get another car, i'd look for a miata, but i'm slightly biased

if you can't see yourself in a miata, then get a ek/eg hatch. those are sexy beasts

actually it even does for me...strange...i gotta stop watching so many damn movies
Old 08-04-2005
G'z UP

Killacamshaft has a little shameless behaviour in the past
trust me i know how it feels i almost died took me about a week toget over im in the same sitition ur in but glad to here ur ok im porb gonna do the same 98 hatch b20 vtec
Old 08-04-2005
Registered!!

EM2typeflex is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been in 3 accidents, and I'm only 20! So you'll live, just with some back pains. Anyway, I suggest you get a 99-00 si, coupe or hatch whichever you like better.
Old 08-04-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
damn dude, that sucks ***, especially since you just did a bunch of stuff to it and posted it all just recently. good luck, if you are gonna sell some stuff off of it, ill be willing to help out.
Old 08-04-2005
I am your Mom's Hero!!

KnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really nice
Glad to see that you are ok...accidents suck!! Pick up a 240 and boost it!!!!!
Old 08-04-2005
Registered!!

MYK1013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry about the car dude, but glad you're okay.
May your white vic rest in peace in car heaven.
How about some pics??
Old 08-04-2005
Registered!!

noVICe is an unknown quantity at this point
hey sorry to hear that... crashed my vic with only 3,400 on the odometer. you might be lucky/ unlucky, depending on how you look at it. i had the whole front end smashed (no more headlights, grill, bumper, left fender, right wheel, front lip, as well as crimped hoses and lines, and a busted intake) yet still managed to be only 65% totalled out of the required 75%. most likely insurance are gunna screw you over and have it fixed since its pretty much brand new.

anyway, sorry bout that and thank god your ok.
Old 08-04-2005
Registered!!

nickm748 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by infinite012

haha yes, I love that part where hes like I got some shakles in the back, no im jk...........but seriously Iv got em
Old 08-04-2005
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
Sorry to hear about your car man it sucks that the car is basically brand new and then just like that its gone. I would suggest a 2000 SI.. Good luck man!
Old 08-08-2005
Registered!!

...back from a 3-day hike to clear my mind.... I can't touch the car, the insurance company is being mega-d1ck about it. they're gonna drop me, so i can't get full coverage any more. So yeah, 7500 for the whole thing.... was looking at maybe a prelude or a 3000gt.
Old 08-08-2005
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
****!!!!!! sorry to hear about your car man! That really sucks!!!!!!

If you're looking to get a car in that price range, i'd go with a EK, or a 240sx.
Old 08-08-2005
Type Skivic

TeRRoRiFiC35 is an unknown quantity at this point
eg with built b18c turbo
240 wit sr20 swap
Old 08-08-2005
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
autotrader.com look for a hatch under 2000g's high mileage... Then drop in a b18, go all motor... you got a quick *** ride.
Old 08-08-2005
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ciVictoria
Sorry to hear about your car man it sucks that the car is basically brand new and then just like that its gone. I would suggest a 2000 SI.. Good luck man!
are you crazy?! with his current insurance problems he'll get even worse coverage with a 2000Si
Old 08-08-2005
formerly 2k1CivicRacer

S2KREY is on a distinguished road
damm at least your allright, got any pics i kinda wanna see the damage since you said if you had a passenger they would of died yah know... well lots of cars for that price range.
Old 08-08-2005
Registered!!

twix4o8 is an unknown quantity at this point
damn sorry to hear bout ur car sell the good parts and u can probibly get somemore cash i got dibbs on the radio lol but seriouly get a old civic hatch or a crx u can get them for like $1000 then use the rest for parts and mods and stuff
Old 08-08-2005
Type Skivic

TeRRoRiFiC35 is an unknown quantity at this point
atleast ur insurance company are not dicks like mine. in the end, my car costed over 10k to get fully fixxed. they should have totalled it, but they are scumbags. 2 months worth of work on the car and it runs like ****
Old 08-08-2005
Registered!!

JCiv03 is on a distinguished road
I'd probably just go for a used civic for your spending limit. Glad to see you're okay
Old 08-19-2005
Registered!!

....took my daytona trip as planned, but didn't drive the vic of course. i've been gone a week and they won't release the name of the junkyard that got the vic. i'd say all the good **** has been salvaged by now. sorry all.

as for me, i'm still looking at about 7k up to maybe 10k for a new car. i don't really want another vic. after my 05, anything else wouldn't feel right i guess. maybe i'll buy a 9th gen si someday. As for honda, I like preludes and v6 accords. I also have been impressed with some Toyota solaras with a 3.0 v6 (is300 motor and drivetrain, i think).

Anyways, I love this forum and I love being able to learn from and converse with such a knowledgeable (if not always friendly) group of people about a common subject. i will keep you all posted.

Quick Reply: Totalled The Vic. Need A New Car.