Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Help me with my new civic

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chun_Kit is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Help me with my new civic

Hey..i'm a new member to this site..finally got authenticated and stuff...
Well here is the thing, i got my civic a couple of months ago..its the 05 civic sedan..its the charcoal gray color and it has tints on it... The back three have limo tints...and the front two have dark medium tints... Now here's my goal... make my car look nice this summer...
So far everything is stock, i was suppose to get my v2 Intake, but yeh..stupid cops gave me a ticket and that got postponed...so i'm planning to start by next month... my question is...how should i start?... thing is, i dont want to really get a new kit for my car...maybe sideskirts...i'm trying to make my car look more like a sleeper, so i'm probably not going to change the piping on my car, maybe a muffler tip...but i'm not sure...my friends are encouraging me to engine swap, which is prolly better...i might get one of the type R civic engine but i dont know..what do you guys think i should do?... i'm more on performance, and even though my car might get prolly a little loud..i'm trying to reduce the sound as much as i can...so its not that noticable but i can still burn the hell out of other people...

-kit
Old 05-19-2005
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
if you looking for performance, definitely an engine swap
Old 05-19-2005
Registered!!

flipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enoughflipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enough
if you really want performance, do an engine swap or turbo
Old 05-19-2005
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
intakes and other bolt ons give little to no power improvements on our engines. either turbo it or swap it out.
Old 05-19-2005
Registered!!

Kyle23 should not be trustedKyle23 should not be trusted
Did u just say that u want a D17 sleeper? If u do anything besides a swap or a turbo, your car wont be able to beat anything. U will turn into a sleeper becasue ur car will still be slow as hell. Oh, and another thing, if a ticket set u back then u have nowhere near the income needed to make a swap or a turbo.
Old 05-19-2005
This cost me 1500 points

beastiek2 is an unknown quantity at this point
your new here do some research do some reading...
Old 05-19-2005
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
You've got alot to learn boy....
Old 05-19-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
the force is weak with this one.
Old 05-19-2005
Registered!!

well yeh i was planning to engine swap and add a turbo later....i just wasn't sure if i should do it first or not....but i already had in mind to for sure swap it and get a turbo ...either that or just get a turbo...what i wasn't sure was how to go at it first
Old 05-19-2005
Powered by Honda

y.0. KiLLa is an unknown quantity at this point
get a drop, get an oem lip kit, black out ur headlights, hids...n some rims..n ur good to go...
Old 05-19-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
dont bother making the civic fast its not even worth the try.
engine swap = $7000+
turbo = $3000+ (and you wont get too much here)

so do what everyone else does and get a K20 engine swap or mod for looks/audio
actually I just spent 3 more hours working on my trunk...and I will hopefully finish it tomorrow.
Old 05-20-2005
Registered!!

well..i just want to fix up my civic for kicks...i dont plan to race it or anything..maybe just drive for fun down the mountain and see how fast it goes...i'm still trying to see how good my stock civic can go ....the best i've done is 22 minutes going down angeles crest (california) and like..my friends FC can make it in 16...and my other friend ken gushi can make it with my friends FC in less than that...i know i cant catch up to that time..but its just fun trying..but yeh...i'm not much of a dragger..i rather race my car down a mountain...its more exciting
Old 05-20-2005
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice
Originally Posted by infinite012
Old 05-20-2005

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
let me ask this: where would you get the money to swap or turbo? you were born the same year as i was, and you just got your civic. that would mean that you have been saving your entire life, just so you can spend it on a worthless car; or, you are rich like that.

you said:

Originally Posted by Chun_Kit
i already had in mind to for sure swap it and get a turbo ...either that or just get a turbo...
now, does this mean you're 100% that you will swap and turbo? because "for sure" usually means 100%.
Old 05-20-2005
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
you picked the wrong car to try and "burn the hell out of other people" with. If thats what you want, either plan on spending lots of money on the above mentioned swap and/or turbo, or sell the car and start anew. Im surprised no one has said it yet, but search. You'll find lots of answers to your questions all over the forums. Welcome to the site, and don't be intimidated by people trying to chew you out. You guys are cruel to the newbs.
Old 05-20-2005
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
Damn this dude is getting flamed.. But some advice Just save up some money for a swap if your into speed not sure if you want to do the audio for your car or not but if speed is what you want a swap is what you need to go for. For me personally I like turbo ;P Good luck with your ride.
Old 05-20-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
if you wanna go down a mountain fast i gues syou would have to make it handle well taht should get you down faster, so my advice to you suspension all suspension and good tires. ours cars respond great to suspension mods.
Old 05-20-2005

bamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of light
save your money for future use boy, things like universities will do you well.
Old 05-20-2005

Originally Posted by ajhdragon
if you wanna go down a mountain fast i gues syou would have to make it handle well taht should get you down faster, so my advice to you suspension all suspension and good tires. ours cars respond great to suspension mods.
wrong. if you want to drive down a mountain the QUICKEST way possible, drive off the edge. no need to waste money on suspension mods. you'll get from the top to the bottom in less than 2 minutes, guaranteed.
Old 05-20-2005

Originally Posted by SkipBarber
you picked the wrong car to try and "burn the hell out of other people" with. If thats what you want, either plan on spending lots of money on the above mentioned swap and/or turbo, or sell the car and start anew. Im surprised no one has said it yet, but search. You'll find lots of answers to your questions all over the forums. Welcome to the site, and don't be intimidated by people trying to chew you out. You guys are cruel to the newbs.
we're just breaking him in, skip
Old 05-22-2005
Registered!!

Eclectic is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy

yea i'm newb too (<<wears flame-resistant suit>>) and in the same situation that chun_kit is in...

but yea, so either a swap or turbo or both is the way to go? also, what are the specific specs/name brands to look out for when getting an engine swap or turbo?
if i ever raised the money to do this (lol...) where/how would i get the necessary parts and where/how can i get this upgrade done?

btw, i drive the slow, low-end civic (5-speed '04 DX coupe 4 cylinder) i don't race but my main goal is to improve acceleration (which i guess correlates with increasing power, right?)

since i'm ultra-newb and new to the world of car-modding, etc. what are some threads that i should definitely read and study??

thanks
Old 05-22-2005
Registered!!

stype3 is an unknown quantity at this point
just buy a nos sticker and a type r sticker and you gain 15 horsepower..
Old 05-22-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
zen_master is on a distinguished road
naw man..........don't really have to do anything with our car..

suspension is prolly the best one that you can feel......as is diabetic people enjoy eating sour food........LOL

neuspeed strut bar for beginning?
Old 05-23-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
if you can afford to do a swap then do it!!!!!

you can buy the suspension stuff for cheap later, on these boards. People are selling all the time, sometimes you can get really good deals.
Old 05-23-2005
Registered!!

if you can afford to do a swap then do it!!!!!
just wondering, how do i know what engine is good for the swap? any ideas? thanks
Old 05-23-2005

Originally Posted by Eclectic
just wondering, how do i know what engine is good for the swap? any ideas? thanks
check the forced induction/swap forum. you will find plenty of information in the stickies
Old 05-23-2005
Registered!!

^ thanks

besides a swap/turbo, what are some essential basic performance upgrades?? all i can think of right now is intake. thanks again!
Old 05-23-2005
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by infinite012
Old 05-23-2005
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Eclectic
^ thanks

besides a swap/turbo, what are some essential basic performance upgrades?? all i can think of right now is intake. thanks again!

grounding kit, yellow top optima, revo short shifter, springs/shocks, Good tires. the revo you will like..
Old 05-23-2005
Registered!!

being the ultra n00b i am , i found this site very useful
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/under-...od-channel.htm

lol

so yea, hopefully it helps other would-be modders out there

too bad it's not as good as hands-on experience...

Last edited by Eclectic; 05-23-2005 at 09:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Help me with my new civic