Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

YOU ASKED TO SEE IT! Here it is!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civiccowboy will become famous soon enough
YOU ASKED TO SEE IT! Here it is!

Here is an updated photo of my 2001 Civic. Thanks for all the comments on the old look. I know everyone hated the original wing, so here is a photo of the new one, the dual exhuast, wings west ground f/x, 17" wheels, Custom grills, ect... Be sure to check my gallery for more photos and to vote. I had an 8.5 rating with the old wing, so lets see what you think now!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_0006.JPG
Views:	439
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	53380   Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_0005.JPG
Views:	356
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	53390   Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_0007.JPG
Views:	436
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	53391  

Last edited by civiccowboy; 05-05-2005 at 08:17 PM.
Old 05-05-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
why dual exhaust? no point.....and tell me that says sohc vtec not dohc
Old 05-05-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
altezzas mesh or silver painted grilles dual exhaust that wing/lip thing
and i didnt see it but i guess you have Dohc vtec sticker

the rims are ok the eyebrows are nice i think i remember nice tint and the paintjob is clean
Old 05-05-2005
Registered!!

Dont worry, it says "SOHC VTEC". Im not stupid. This car is done the right way. Be jealous, be very jealous!

Last edited by civiccowboy; 05-06-2005 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-05-2005
jdmtytedoridori
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by civiccowboy
Dont worry, it says "SOHC VTECH". Im not stupid. This car is done the right way. Be jealous, be very jealous!
vtech? they make crappy phones
Old 05-05-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ncirom2003

the rims are ok the eyebrows are nice i think i remember nice tint and the paintjob is clean
well said.
Old 05-05-2005
Registered!!

looks like you still have a ways to go Nick.. Keep trying!
Old 05-05-2005
Registered!!

rokenrolcivic has a spectacular aura aboutrokenrolcivic has a spectacular aura about
Ya the new wing is much better than that ugly old one, Now just lose the dual exhaust and the altezza'a and you got a nice ride. IMHO
Old 05-05-2005
Registered!!

What's wrong with the dual exhaust? It is a prototype exhaust I purchased from a company. If you heard it, you would want it. Trust me, the sound is perfect!!
Old 05-05-2005
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ncirom2003

agree why the dual exhaust doesn't flow well with civics
Old 05-05-2005
Registered!!

Wolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura about
I love everything except those wheels
Old 05-05-2005
Registered!!

civicrice should not be trustedcivicrice should not be trusted
your all ****ed in the head IMO. let the kid ruin his car, who cares tell him it looks great. That way "you" have the best looking ride around.
Old 05-05-2005

i bet if the dual exhaust sounds like anything its crap... im not trying to be mean but i really cant imagine that sounding nice.... it would probably sound better with just one of the same muffler cus it would have more pressure flowing through that one.

i dont think many of us r jealous, but when you say "you have a long way to go nick" are you talking to me?
Old 05-05-2005
cant boost cuz it'll wreck the name

BOOSTLESSD17 is an unknown quantity at this point
I like the spoiler.
Old 05-05-2005
Registered!!

For starters, I am not a "kid", unless you think 35 is still a "kid". You are all entitled to your opinions and your opinions are what I want to hear. That is why I put the pictures on here. I will not change anything because of your opinions, because I believe everyone has different tastes depending on their age and where they live. It seems that every where I go with this cheap little japanese car, I get great comments from poeple of all ages. The other day a lady about 80 years old said the car was "very pretty" and while I dont think the word "pretty" is the right choice of words, I thanked her. Then today and young boy said,"cool car!". It's comments like these that I appreciate. Your gauranteed to hear bad things about your car, no matter how good you think it is. Truckers and toll booth attendants hate the sound of my exhaust and say it sounds like a swarm of bees in a can. In the toll booths I will have to agree that that is just about exactly what it sounds like! Hahaha! My civic now has over 100,000 miles on it and still runs as good as the day I bought it. That is the most important thing to me, not to mention getting 38 mpg regularly! Sucks for thos SUV owners. Hahaha!
Old 05-05-2005

well im happy that you at least accept others opinions, many people on this site flip out when they here their car isnt liked, hell i dont even like my own car at times.....like today im bored with it and wish i went a different way but by tommorow im sure ill love it again
Old 05-05-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
i really like that spoiler and rims and my neighbor has daul exhast on his civic and his wifes integra and they both sound good. only think im feeling is the tails. but nice work putting it all together.
Old 05-05-2005
The Declaration of Independence was written on marijuna paper

Ellocodetroit is a jewel in the roughEllocodetroit is a jewel in the roughEllocodetroit is a jewel in the rough
What a bunch of haters. It's not like a dual exhaust or single exhaust is increasing performance in our vics. He did it for looks and sound. IMO the car looks good.
Old 05-05-2005
sleekest 7th gen on the right coast

NightRider02 is an unknown quantity at this point
here's what you need to do to make your car look good:

1. lose the wing and get an oem one.
2. lose the dual exhaust, its pointless and looks too cluttered coming out of the back of a little civic
3. lose the mesh grill on the bottom, and as for the upper grill, paint what you have white now, black.
4. lose the altezzas and put in your stock tails
5. lose the wheels, and preferably get something with a deep polished lip
6. lose the eyelids
7. lose the vtech sticker
8. drop your car, preferable with coilovers

so all in all, the good points you have going are your kit, fact that your paint still looks good, and your tinted windows. all the things i mentioned above are very easy to fix, SO GET ON IT! haha jk...

do what you gotta do man, listen to me or not, but i wouldnt sweat what everyone says as long as you are 100% satisfied with what youve done, cause thats all that matters in the end
Old 05-05-2005
Registered!!

The grills and wheels are silver, not white. Thanks
Old 05-05-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
The grills and altezzas and duals just make my eyes sore for some reason. Get ya some 04-05 tails, paints the grills black or even get the Black RS Grille. And take the duals off, 4 Cylinder cars don't need duals, even V6's are pushing it. Leave the duals to the bigger engines. The one pipe would look good. The wheels just look plain, nothing to them. Clearing your headlights would look good too, or painting them black. But most of all the pipes and taillights need to go. The reason "kids" say things like that is because they don't know better. You could put pretty much anything that is shiny and loud on a car and a "Kid" and "grandma" will thinks its nice cause its different. But compared to others on this site if they lined your car up with someone elses that was clean, people would go with the clean one any day. 20, 30, 40 age doesn't matter.

The color of your car is awesome, but do what you want, its just my opinion.

Last edited by drew22mader; 05-05-2005 at 08:23 PM.
Old 05-05-2005
Registered!!

The reason I have the lower grill in the car is to hide the bent AC condensor from an accident I had 3 months after I bought the car. I have the original upper grill and that is cracked from a goose that i smeared on the highway and I have actually been thinking about switching back to the factory upper grill. I just like the different look that lets people know that it isnt a plain old civic when they look in their mirrors.
Old 05-05-2005
Registered!!

As far as the Altezzas go, I think the style I have on the car are one of the better looking ones. I still have the factory tails, but I figure I spent the money on the Altezzas, so i might as well use them til they leak. Right?
Old 05-05-2005
Registered!!

If I could find someone who wants to record the sound of the exhaust and/or video tape it, I welcome them. It would certainly answer many peoples questions about dual exhaust. I used to be a non believer until I got a super deal on this exhaust(under $300!!). I switched back and forth between the factory and the dual exhaust and there is a VERY noticeable increase in power with the dual exhaust. The backpressure at the engine does not change by adding a second muffler. The backpressure is controlled by the MOST restrictive part of the exhaust, which is the converter. You cannot increase backpressure by adding a less restrictive item after a more restrictive item. It is not only common sense, it is common SCIENCE! Sorry, I just got tired of reading posts from people who dont know.

Last edited by civiccowboy; 05-05-2005 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-05-2005
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by NightRider02
here's what you need to do to make your car look good:

1. lose the wing and get an oem one.
2. lose the dual exhaust, its pointless and looks too cluttered coming out of the back of a little civic
3. lose the mesh grill on the bottom, and as for the upper grill, paint what you have white now, black.
4. lose the altezzas and put in your stock tails
5. lose the wheels, and preferably get something with a deep polished lip
6. lose the eyelids
7. lose the vtech sticker
8. drop your car, preferable with coilovers

so all in all, the good points you have going are your kit, fact that your paint still looks good, and your tinted windows. all the things i mentioned above are very easy to fix, SO GET ON IT! haha jk...

do what you gotta do man, listen to me or not, but i wouldnt sweat what everyone says as long as you are 100% satisfied with what youve done, cause thats all that matters in the end
1. I believe it has already been clarified that vtec is not spelled "vtech" dumbass.
2. The wing is personal preference.
3. Your wheel comment was just retarded.
4. It is not what "NightRider02" wants for his own car.
5. I have nothing else to say except that people like you make the world stupider.
Old 05-06-2005
sleekest 7th gen on the right coast

NightRider02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by xX03Xx
1. I believe it has already been clarified that vtec is not spelled "vtech" dumbass.
2. The wing is personal preference.
3. Your wheel comment was just retarded.
4. It is not what "NightRider02" wants for his own car.
5. I have nothing else to say except that people like you make the world stupider.
ok dude you can chill, the kid asked for my opinion. i didnt sit here and read what everyone else said when i made my response, i just read the initial post and added my two cents. and i wasnt being an *** by any means, if you noticed my last paragraph i was being as polite as possible, saying that all in all, it doesnt matter what any of us say as long as he is proud of the work he has done. and i guess the wheel comment would be retarded to you cause youre the one stuck with si wheels...ha! anyways, no need to be a d1ck dude

(and the si wheels comment was a joke...kinda :P)

Last edited by NightRider02; 05-06-2005 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-06-2005
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
Your cars awesome because its the way you want it. My car has dual exhaust and sounds better than most cars and i get complimented how well it looks. When i take it to a mechanic they make fun of me but screw it i love my civic because i can customize it the way i want it. Dont worry nice work
Old 05-06-2005
Registered!!

Im not worried. I like the car, but its not what I really want. I want to replace it with an Acura TL. I enjoyed doing all the mods and most of them were done 3 years ago when tastes were different anyway. But I still think it looks better than stock. I havent lowered the car because I live in upstate NY where the roads really suck and I drive this car all year.
Old 05-06-2005
Registered!!

2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice
*gag*...enough said...puahahahahaha
Old 05-06-2005
Registered!!

civicguy1xxxxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, i like the dual exhaust look. I dont care if it does anything performance-wise but it evens out the back of the car, i think one tailpipe throws the whole look off, everything should be the same on both sides. Just like 18" wheels, they slow the car down but they look damn good. The car is slow as crap anyways, so even if the 2nd muffler does take backpressure off the motor or whatever it cant hurt much and IT LOOKS BETTER!!!!! Anyone that argues with that is silly......just my opinion

Quick Reply: YOU ASKED TO SEE IT! Here it is!