Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

How low can you go?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005
let the devil out
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
Before 17 " with stock struts and eabach sporlines

After 18" Tokico Struts and eaibach proline
Old 04-28-2005
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
I've never heard anything bad about the goldlines, and lots of people have um but other than that. ..just remember the difference between 1.7" and 1.3" is like 3/8's of an inch and will not be noticable
Old 04-28-2005
This cost me 1500 points

beastiek2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by drew22mader
BeastieK2, did you just go with springs or did you do the coil overs?

The guy who i bid on his springs changed the shipping and I cancelled my bid, he said it was going to be free and now he says he can't do it.

What springs should I get, and how low should i go? 2" drop? Would 1.5" be enough?
Tein SS man coilovers never cheap out on suspension!!
Old 04-28-2005
Registered!!

BigGeorge is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by eye_see_you
Before 17 " with stock struts and eabach sporlines

After 18" Tokico Struts and eaibach proline
I have the same set up as proline's with stock struts. It looks like in the first pic that it is a little lower in the rear, after replaceing the struts did it correct that problem? It's hard to tell in the second pic.
Old 04-28-2005
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
the lower you go, the stiffer the spring rates on those after market springs NEED TO BE. otherwise you will always bottom out and blow the hell outta the shocks.
Old 04-28-2005
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BigGeorge
I have the same set up as proline's with stock struts. It looks like in the first pic that it is a little lower in the rear, after replaceing the struts did it correct that problem? It's hard to tell in the second pic.

after going to 18" and changing to tokico's everything was much better before it was just too low and sucked for ride quality
Old 04-28-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Hey where did you get your Tokico struts at, i'm having trouble finding them.
So do i buy all 4 struts? do i need new shocks too?

Last edited by drew22mader; 04-28-2005 at 09:54 PM.