Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

OEM fog lights (night pics) does it look right?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
OEM fog lights (night pics) does it look right?

Here are pics of my fogs. I can't see any light from the driver seat and no the problem isn't that the hid is covering it up. Maybe the lip kit is blocking some light. Why is there a big gap and so little light on the ground? These are genuine honda fog lights with glare shield around the bulb and stock philips H11.

Oh yeah and these are taken with longer exposure. I guess similar to real life. What do you think?

Old 01-12-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
nice
Old 01-12-2005
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
I would adjust them up so the light patch just touches the light patch of your hids.
Old 01-12-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I tried, the adjusting screw is two threads away from coming off. They are at max height.
Old 01-12-2005
Registered!!

jackal903 is an unknown quantity at this point
are those fog lights help alot when raining?
Old 01-13-2005
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about
yea they would be better if the batches connect

but since u said....u cant raise it anymore....then that will have to do
Old 01-13-2005
Registered!!

prccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the same problem with mine...they don't shine far at all...and i don't have alip kit
Old 01-13-2005
Premium Member

Ya they would help in the rain IF I could actually see the light in a normal driving position. I can't even see it that well bending over the dash! I just turn em on so other cars can look at it. It is absolutely useless as far as visibility goes. Can't even tell they're turned on.
Old 01-13-2005
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
i think you have to adjust your headlight, if the fogs are maxed out. fogs are not meant to light up front though, it's mostly aimed to the sides. i got fogs too and they are awesome.
Old 01-13-2005
Registered!!

bluestreak is an unknown quantity at this point
i feel the same way about my fogs, they're OEM Replicas, but are almost exactly the same. They provide more light on the sides, but not much more in front? It does help w/ potholes, etc. but doesn't provide the light I was expecting. They're 55W also, which is pretty bright?
Old 01-13-2005
Registered!!

^take a pic w/o your headlights on maybe.

I posted in the other thread, I've got the OEM kit and feel it blocks the light as well
Old 01-13-2005
Registered!!

realitycheck is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey gearbox would it help you found another way to mount them, i'm assuming since you have hids the light patterns a little different, I dont know this for sure just guessing. But if you found a different way to mount them like make your own mounting brackets, or found to pull the top in more and push the bottom out. Or what if you got a longer screw from a hardware store?????
Old 01-13-2005
Premium Member

Thanks for the ideas. When it gets warmer I'll see what can be fixed. The hid beam pattern is the same as stock. Actually from sitting in the front seat, the lowest I can see is starting where the space is between the hid and fogs. So even if I could aim higher to fill that gap, it still wouldn't help me with visibility since I can't see it anyways.
Old 01-13-2005
Premium Member

shmik1 has disabled reputation
they look just like mine, did u end up installing them urself or have twin city install em?

I guess if its twin city's mistake mine will be messed up too, but if u wanna compair it to mine u can.. but they look how they should to me.. or rather how they're meant to look, you know wut i mean
Old 01-13-2005
Premium Member

Im thinkin about getting HIDs myself, seeing urs in person im sure will make my opinion different on how bad i want em

(theres too much stuff i'd like to get right now )
Old 01-13-2005
Registered!!

DCivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
I think what you need are "driving" lights. Fogs are meant to project very far. =(
Old 01-13-2005
One Slow Civic.... But I can take turns pretty well :-)

Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
why do you need halogen fog lights when you have HID's?
Old 01-13-2005
Registered!!

what HID kit do you have? what Kelvin?

HID's are not great in the rain, that's why you need the halogen fogs too
Old 01-13-2005
Premium Member

4300k hid nice and bright but not in the rain. I was hoping the stock fogs would help light up the road. They're obviously noticable compared to the headlights, but it would help if I could actually see em.

shmik1, if you wanna meet up some night and check em out just lemme know. They're really nice and actually from far they look like regular stock lights except whiter. Almost no glare and I never get flashed.
Old 01-13-2005
Registered!!

^ you've got no high beams tho, right? H4..........
how do you pass inspection
Old 01-13-2005
Premium Member

Um what inspection? And yes I do have hi beams. Flipping the switch makes the bulb move back in the housing and thus the light gets higher. There's a built-in solenoid.
Old 01-13-2005
One Slow Civic.... But I can take turns pretty well :-)

Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
gearbox... did you get your lights from impulse? If so... do all his kits do that?
Old 01-13-2005
Premium Member

NO. Mine are catz hi/low rising white hid that are oem equipment on some cars in Japan. I got em from a member here when he sold his car. Retail is around $650 if they still sold em.

I think there are also bi-xenon hid that have hi/low switching in the bulb like halogen. The ones I have just move the bulbs back.
Old 01-13-2005
Premium Member

oh yea I almost forgot thats gonna suck, I wont have high beams..
Old 01-13-2005
Premium Member

oh yea, almost forgot to mention... we'll meet up dude, question is just when
Old 01-13-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
here's what mine look like...sort of. i have the OE replica kit.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 001t.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	45263   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 004t.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	45264  
Old 01-13-2005
Premium Member

How bout tomorrow night?
Old 01-13-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
i'll go take some more pics (they won't be any better, just more...lol. no tripod.)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	compare.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	45265  

Last edited by infinite012; 01-13-2005 at 06:34 PM.