How much for a new 04 Civic Ex? - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2004   #1
Banned

Carbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trusted
How much for a new 04 Civic Ex?

Hey guys,

My dad wants to get me a new car and I'm wondering how much would a brand new 04 Civic ex about run?

I'm looking around, and the freakin Dodge Ram Quad cab costs $17,000 so surely a 04 Civic cost about $12,000?
Carbon Fiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #2
Registered!!

raquel is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought around 16,000-17000
raquel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #3
Banned

Carbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trusted
If that was the case......hmmmmm a V8, 4 Door, roomy, TRUCK that no one will try to run into

Or a sports car, though it seems cool, is frail when on the highway, 4 cylinder, compact.................this one's a toughy

If the Civic is truly $17,000 grand that is.........hmmmm anyone want to verify the cost?
Old 11-21-2004   #4
w00t

acurastype01 is an unknown quantity at this point
well i got my 04 ex coupe wiht everyting for 17.5
acurastype01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #5
Jam out with your clam out.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
why dont you ask your buddy, civic02ex
abmerop18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #6
Banned

she's right, you are a loser! Take her advice and get a girl or something, my God, it's like you look for me or something on this site. Leave me alone and stop following me!
Old 11-21-2004   #7
Premium Member

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
i paid 16 for mine.
Mr.Modify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #8
Registered!!

philliesblunt420 is an unknown quantity at this point
I paid 14k for an 01 ex coupe.

To my knowledge, the 04s run from 14k-18k depending on the trim level.
philliesblunt420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #9
Registered!!

rckdrmr is on a distinguished road
buy a tc instead of the ex.
rckdrmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #10
Registered!!

JP375 is an unknown quantity at this point
paid 16,250 for new 04 EX, auto, coupe w/side air bags last March
JP375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #11
Registered!!

wrussi is an unknown quantity at this point
well the v8 will waste twice as much gas as the civic if u like trucks and have the $$$ to spend on that 10mpg truck then go ahead
i paid 17.8 for mine
wrussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #12
Registered!!

HondCivc91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Modify
i paid 16 for mine.

same here, 16 for an '05 ex 5spd coupe
HondCivc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #13
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
Ex Dx Hx ?
zachgeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #14
awd pwnz j00

import2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
whats the deal btwn abmerop and carbon ?
import2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #15

eklipz will become famous soon enough
foo i think youve been smoking the crack pipe....please tell me where i can buy a new dodge ram for 17,000.....
eklipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #16
awd pwnz j00

import2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
LoL^^^
import2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004   #17
Registered!!

itskalvin will become famous soon enough
i paid a little under 16.5 for mine
itskalvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004   #18
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point
i just went to edmunds.com and checked, the cheapest brand new ram quad cab with V6 and manual tranny will run you at least $25k. Get the Ram over the civic if you like 14 mpg instead of 33 mpg, spend $70 on every fill up instead of $20, drive all day trying to find a big enough parking spot, look outside and you cant see anything cuz you are so high, loosen like 6 nuts instead of 4 nuts to change a wheel, and good luck trying to outcorner a civic.
dalaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004   #19
Banned

Yeah? I just went to Ask.com to get some quotes and a new doge ram will run me $28,000 sticker price.

But my dad got an 03 for $18,500. And now that dealers want to get rid of 04, it's down to 17,00 for a Quad Cab, 8 cylinder. Come on guys, surely you know the best place to look is the 5 Star dealers.......mass produce.

So lets dont question the price of $17,000. And for those who say I'm dreaming, well it's in San Antonio, not Houston or Dallas where the prices are sky high hence cost of living is sky high there as well.

Anyways, forget it, I'm contemplating weather to go with a new Dodge Ram or a blue 03 Civic for $11,650 in my town. The Civics got 19,000 miles on it....not bad.
Old 11-23-2004   #20
Registered!!

03CivicEX03 should not be trusted03CivicEX03 should not be trusted
well.. get tc it worth the money 160 hp 160 tq got style duel sunroof sweet, 17 inches rims sweet and plus is roommly.
03CivicEX03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004   #21
Premium Boosted Member

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
"buy a tc instead of the ex."

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03CivicEX03
well.. get tc it worth the money 160 hp 160 tq got style duel sunroof sweet, 17 inches rims sweet and plus is roommly.
Listen to these guys. I sold my EX and my Evo 8 for one. I have no regrets, the tC is sweet in EVERY WAY. Great on gas, a lot faster, uses recycled materials (great for the environment), stylish, girls love it, 5 start safety rating... I could go on.

To clarify, the tC has 160hp and 163 lbs of torque. It feels quicker than it is. I can peel out in 3rd if it's wet out.

For any info on the tC, read this 28 page tech article (PDF). EVERYONE who likes info, READ THIS. It will make you want a tC without question.

CLICK ME FOR HEAVEN! (PDF FILE)
MadWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004   #22
I want a TSX!

sevenplaces is on a distinguished road
a ram and a civic serve two completly different purposes. If you need a truck, get a truck. If youre gonna buy a truck and never haul anything, you dont need a truck. A civic is much more economical. Cheaper gas and easir to fix. plus, dodge sucks.
sevenplaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004   #23
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
For $12000, the newest civic you can get is a 2003 EX (in my area anyway).
2004s won't go on clearance til next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadWheel
Listen to these guys. I sold my EX and my Evo 8 for one. I have no regrets, the tC is sweet in EVERY WAY. Great on gas, a lot faster, uses recycled materials (great for the environment), stylish, girls love it
Most girls love any car with smooth panels they're all over 7th gen coupes, RSX, tC, hell even the sB...

I'm pushing my parents to pick up a Tc also, to replace their corolla
XxSoVeReiGNxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004   #24
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
It depends on where you live mostly as to what they will cost. Being as you're looking at an 04, I'm sure you can pick one up cheaper than when the 04's were first released, as the 05's are being brought in, and the 04's are overstock. Oh, and a civic is not a sports car.
PopcornPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004   #25
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadWheel
"buy a tc instead of the ex."

Listen to these guys. I sold my EX and my Evo 8 for one. I have no regrets, the tC is sweet in EVERY WAY. Great on gas, a lot faster, uses recycled materials (great for the environment), stylish, girls love it, 5 start safety rating... I could go on.

To clarify, the tC has 160hp and 163 lbs of torque. It feels quicker than it is. I can peel out in 3rd if it's wet out.

For any info on the tC, read this 28 page tech article (PDF). EVERYONE who likes info, READ THIS. It will make you want a tC without question.

CLICK ME FOR HEAVEN! (PDF FILE)
Big deal, I can spin my tires on wet pavement in 3rd gear in my stock motored civic.

As for the Dodge -vs- Honda debate. Define the word dodge, what's it mean? To avoid, why would you name your brand that? Ignorance, or an implied meaning? Hondas are more reliable, day in, and day out than a domestic. Change the oil, and complete the services and it'll last forever.
PopcornPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004   #26
Premium Boosted Member

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
What kind of tires do you have then? My Civic could never do it, only when I finally boosted it before would it spin 3rd... The tC, though I still love 7thgens, has almost 40 pounds more torque than a D17. That's a big deal to me.

I dunno... Sorry not trying to start a war. Between the civ and the ram, get the civ if you want a car, and a ram if you want a truck. Civ vs tC, test drive both, then tell me you still want a civ...
MadWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004   #27
Registered!!

tenayshusD is an unknown quantity at this point
I paid $16,925 for my '04 EX Manual out the door including taxes, title, and tags. I have to give another vote for the tC though...I drove one the other day and holy **** it rocks. I'm seriously thinking about trading in the Civic for one in the spring. Still debating though.
tenayshusD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005   #28
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
i bought a 01 ex with every option already in it for like 13 drive out
MajinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005   #29
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
Thank you for resurrecting an OLD POST!
ciVictoria is offline   Reply With Quote