Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

How Long Is Our Battery Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Arrow How Long Is Our Battery Warranty?

Well my battery is now only half good, autozone checked it and it failed, so I need a new battery. But I need to know what the warranty is on our cars battery? I bought the car new in august of 2002, so would it still be covered? Someone let me know.
Old 11-06-2004
Jam out with your clam out.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
0 days. its just like any other wear and tear part. it is expected to loose life/durability over time just like the barkes, clutch, and such parts where there is no warrenty. at least that is what i would guess
Old 11-06-2004
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
no there is a warranty, alot of batteries have 5 yr warranties. My moms camery has a 5 yr warranty on the battery. Just wondering what ours were.
Old 11-06-2004
Euro-Spec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
just get a yellow top...sooo much better than stock
Old 11-06-2004
Registered!!

first I want to know what the warranty on our battery is. I have no need for a yellow top, I have no system, a regular battery will do for me.
Old 11-06-2004
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
oh, ok...
Old 11-06-2004
Registered!!

jfan is an unknown quantity at this point
I also wanna know how long our stock batteries are expected to last...
Old 11-06-2004
Registered!!

ok on hondas website, they say each honda battery comes with a 5 yr nationwide limited warranty, and a 2 yr replacement guarentee. Now it has been 14 months since I bought the car, so what does the 5 yr limited warranty mean?
Old 11-06-2004
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
no warrenty
Old 11-06-2004
Registered!!

AZNRACR is on a distinguished road
there is a warranty on our batteries, I'll try and find my paperwork on my car to find it out for you streetglower.
Old 11-07-2004
Registered!!

here it is, straight from my Honda Warranty Information Book

TIME AND MILEAGE PERIOD
This warranty's coverage begins on the same date as the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. The original equipment battery is covered by a limited warranty for 3 years with no mileage limit.
WARRANTY COVERAGE
During the first 2 years, a defective battery will be replaced at no cost to you. Diagnosis, labor, installation, and the cost of the replacement battery are covered by Honda. If the battery fails during the last 12 months of this 3 year warranty period, you will receive a 50 percent credit towards the purchase of a new battery from your Honda dealer. No cash reimbursement will be given. You are responsible for any service or installation charge.

There is also a warranty on replacement OEM batteries.(5 year limited warranty)
first 2 years are same as above, then
25-36 months = 60% credit
37-48 months = 40% credit
49-60 months = 20% credit

Well, I hope this helps you Streetglower.

Mike
Old 11-07-2004
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
What constitutes a defective battery?
Old 11-07-2004
Registered!!

I'm assuming, when it won't work to start your car. Just guessing.
Old 11-07-2004
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about
yes there s a warranty on our batteries. went through 3 batteries from honda at no charge!..bought the car new october last year
Old 11-07-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Civic_Racer9
yes there s a warranty on our batteries. went through 3 batteries from honda at no charge!..bought the car new october last year
Must have a kick @$$ system huh? At least I hope so. I haven't had to change mine at all and I got mine in Dec. '01 and live in Tucson(almost hell)
Old 11-07-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by AZNRACR

TIME AND MILEAGE PERIOD
This warranty's coverage begins on the same date as the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. The original equipment battery is covered by a limited warranty for 3 years with no mileage limit.
WARRANTY COVERAGE
During the first 2 years, a defective battery will be replaced at no cost to you. Diagnosis, labor, installation, and the cost of the replacement battery are covered by Honda. If the battery fails during the last 12 months of this 3 year warranty period, you will receive a 50 percent credit towards the purchase of a new battery from your Honda dealer. No cash reimbursement will be given. You are responsible for any service or installation charge.

Mike
thanks alot man, damn if only this happened a bit sooner, Now I wonder how much the battery at honda will be. With a %50 credit, I bet the price comes out to what a battery at any auto store costs.

Well my next question for anybody is can I just walk into honda and tell them my battery is bad, tell them the car wouldnt start and had the battery tested by autozone and they said it failed. It still runs the car but every now and then I have to be jump started.
Old 11-07-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Yup just swap it for a new one and get your credit. They might wanna make sure it's really bad tho. But battery is cheap, like $80 new.
Old 11-07-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
Yup just swap it for a new one and get your credit. They might wanna make sure it's really bad tho. But battery is cheap, like $80 new.

$80 before or after the 50% credit?
Old 11-07-2004
Registered!!

$80 before or after the 50% credit?
thats what I want to know. If it is $80 after the credit, then I will just go to interstate and buy a new one for $50. Now if it is $80 before credit, I might still go to interstate and get a battery.

Gearbox, can I just buy a new one, then go to honda and give them my old battery and then they will issue me a credit of cash or something?
Old 11-07-2004
Registered!!

TIME AND MILEAGE PERIOD
WARRANTY COVERAGE

Mike
Check the bold part above^
Old 11-07-2004
Registered!!

lewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura about
They replaced my battery under the regular 3 year/36k miles warranty... So I know at minimal it's that long... I was always under the impression it was somewhere around 3 years, but with a pro rate after the first year...