K&N FIPK - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2004   #1
Registered!!

civiclx4dr has a little shameless behaviour in the past
K&N FIPK

Hey Everyone, Im Just Wondering If The K&n Fipk Is A Good Choice For An Intake, And Are The Gains The Best Of All The Intakes Available For Our Cars? What Is The Diff Between K&n Fipk And K&n Fipkii? Just Wondering, And Where Can I Get It For A Good Price? Worth The Buy? Or Just Go Stock?
civiclx4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #2
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
I Dont Know The Answer To Your Question But I Do Know That Typing Like This Takes Up A Lot Of Time And Makes My Finger Tips Of My Left Hand Hurt
hustlelikem0fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #3
I like you! do you like me?

Farage is on a distinguished road
yea from what i hear the K&N is the best gain for our cars due to plastic pipe and good heat shield.
Farage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #4
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
It's one of the highest at around 5whp peak.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #5
I sure wish my car was newer

white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
There is only a FIPK II. I've got it. It doesn't give that great of gains, but it sounds damn cool.
white2K2EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #6
Registered!!

born2xLr8 will become famous soon enough
It's a good buy if you don't mind spending the money. It was worth it IMO. I'm pretty sure only the k&n fipk II is available now...not sure where you'd find an fipk.
born2xLr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #7
I log in from time to time

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustleLikeM0FO
I Dont Know The Answer To Your Question But I Do Know That Typing Like This Takes Up A Lot Of Time And Makes My Finger Tips Of My Left Hand Hurt
The server automatically does that when someone posts in ALL CAPS. So instead of coming out like "HEY GUYS I'M A NEWBIE PLZ HELP ME KTHX" it comes out as "Hey Guys I'm A Newbie Plz Help Me Kthx"
dirtySAMURAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #8
Registered!!

alright... i was checkin there website and it only shows up for the 2001 2002 ex models only. will it fit a 2003 lx?
Old 10-03-2004   #9
Registered!!

it fits my 02 lx manual...
Old 10-03-2004   #10
Registered!!

does anyone know where i can buy it
Old 10-03-2004   #11
All show!!!

EviLMyStS is an unknown quantity at this point
if step on the gas quickly u can make psst sounds >8)
EviLMyStS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004   #12
Supertastic Member.

Dishwasher is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah i 've had mine for a few days and it sounds awesome loud when you want it to be. decent gains but nothing spectacular.
Dishwasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #13
Fuzzy Boy

FuzzBeC00L is an unknown quantity at this point
5whp thats soo shitty for the money u pay
FuzzBeC00L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #14
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civiclx4dr
does anyone know where i can buy it
I got mine from www.planetperformance.com and picked it up for $184 cuz of a previous group buy....but i looked and it doesn't look like they have it for the 03. Even for the 02, it lists it for over $200 so...
Try some of the venders on this site like robearracing.com or parts411.com or something. They'll help you out and hook you up with a good deal. Or go to the group buy, for sale, or retail sale sub forums to find some venders from this site.
Old 10-04-2004   #15
I'll flip out and kill people.

modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
^yep. i say go stock unless $250+(?) is worth a cool sound to you...
modoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #16
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Heh. I put the stock intake on again. Can't make up my mind. I say say stock if you drive below 4k rpms most of the time. You'll only get that 5whp at 6k rpms. So it's worth it if you always rev up when driving.
Old 10-04-2004   #17
I log in from time to time

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2xLr8
I got mine from www.planetperformance.com and picked it up for $184 cuz of a previous group buy....but i looked and it doesn't look like they have it for the 03. Even for the 02, it lists it for over $200 so...
01-05 have the exact same engine and the same engine bay. There's nothing stopping someone with a 05 from buying a 01 i/h/e.
dirtySAMURAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #18
Registered!!

well i basically drivelike a psyco so ya its woth it, i have a aem cold air right now, sounds good feel the gains in the upper rpms...... worth it to switch over to the k&n, especially to improve my 1/4mile time.. i have i/h/e and wiring kit right now
Old 10-04-2004   #19
Registered!!

StealthCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree man

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox
Heh. I put the stock intake on again. Can't make up my mind. I say say stock if you drive below 4k rpms most of the time. You'll only get that 5whp at 6k rpms. So it's worth it if you always rev up when driving.
I agree exactly with this...I am back to stock...I had the K&n fipkII on for 1 week, it is mostly noise , little gains, like 4.6 hp gains up at 6000 rpm's ..I live in the city with lots of start, stop driving, I hardly ever get up to 6000, but I drive fast, redline is a 7, so 6 is pushin it , but if you drive like that, get one......you can also search for fipk II on here and get lots of reviews, and it is reviewed in the parts review area by a couple people, I still recommend you stay stock, put $220 into something else for your car...but it is up to you bro.
StealthCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #20
Registered!!

BlackFire is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
It's one of the highest at around 5whp peak.
5whp if you have a DX/LX, but not for the EX.

It still a good intake system because of the material and you don't have to worry in rainy days. But Injen RD Series still one of the best systems in the market.

Good Luck!
BlackFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #21
Registered!!

Ohsosikcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
i can get you the K&N typhoon short ram in either in blue, polished, red or silver for 175 plus tax and shipping
Ohsosikcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004   #22
Premium Member

What you guys may not know is the stock inlet for air is the same size as the throttle body opening. This is a good thing and the reason why intakes don't give much gain. Honda really thought this one through.
Old 10-23-2004   #23
Registered!!

DragonFly is an unknown quantity at this point
wow... well i don't mind answering this even though its been covered.

i got my FIPK off ebay for 180 shipped. i think its worth it. sounds cool and helps just a tiny tiny bit IMO. check out the dyno

http://www.kandn.com/dynocharts/57-3513.jpg

gain is only like 4.8 hp

aem V2 is only 5.5

http://www.aempower.com/pdf/dyno/24-...Civic%20Ex.pdf

My area floods alot when it rains so i didnt want to get a cold air. think about that too
DragonFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004   #24
Registered!!

karlozc2003 should not be trusted
Quote:
Originally Posted by modoman
^yep. i say go stock unless $250+(?) is worth a cool sound to you...
I 2nd that
karlozc2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004   #25
Cocky guys kick ass!

Cocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzBeC00L
5whp thats soo shitty for the money u pay
nooo.. the sound alone makes it worth it. i looooove mine.
Cocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004   #26
Registered!!

exclusive_vtec will become famous soon enough
keep ur cold air bro... dont waste more money on bolt-ons save and save for turbo or swap...
exclusive_vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004   #27
Unsalvageable

rEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trusted
im buying an FIPK II to save gas...
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004   #28
Premium Member

Good luck with that. It sure didn't save me gas. It prolly will stay the same, or lose a couple mpg.
Old 10-24-2004   #29
Unsalvageable

rEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trusted
Quote:
Good luck with that. It sure didn't save me gas. It prolly will stay the same, or lose a couple mpg.
it seriously didnt save you ANY gas? i thought it would... well tell me what you think of ur FIPK
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004   #30
Premium Member

I kinda like it except for noise. It's a better sound than most intakes, but still a bit loud. Still, 4hp is better than none. Yeah mpg stayed about the same tho with mostly the same driving habits.