Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Here Is My Car!! Jdm Rsx Type-r Turbo Install

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004
w00t

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
acurastype01 is an unknown quantity at this point
AGH!!! the exterior i think im blind
Old 08-15-2004
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
i dunno bout them but i like the motor...im gonna get a jdm type r motor too...than reduce compression and get a cybernation stage 3 kit...u can get about 500 hp with 30 psi on the turbo...its sweet...good job on the swap and everything...plus k20a2/3 is cheaper but u wouldnt care if u had the money to afford a k20a type r motor
Old 08-15-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
Look at the nice little private message JOEDC5 left me:

Originally Posted by joedc5
I saw your car in your gallery, and btw your engine looks like **** complete **** with wires everywere. At least I took the extra mile to do the whole car and not some stupid CF hood that dosen't match. Oh, and keep going slow becuase that is all the piece of **** of a civic you have is gonna do. Surprise, but when I took my Civic to honda the owner was so amazed of the car he contacted the Major HONDA company to talk about new kits that should come with the new cars. Don't talk **** unless you can back it up and I wouldn't talk because I would be ashamed of your civic and BOTTOM line is I would drive a piece of **** oldsmobile over your civic. And get rid of the POORtirican hood. YOUR LUCKYI DON't LIVE IN CALI!!!!
hahahaha gee, I always thought people liked CF. I didn't know that CF was stupid ... nor did I ever think it was supposed to match

went your extra mile to pep boys is more like it
Old 08-15-2004
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Im just speechless.........
Old 08-15-2004
Registered!!

joedc5 is an unknown quantity at this point
You see, I ordered my parts from wings west direct and I know some people say you can't but I know some of the guys there. I guess you guys think all of wings west cars are rice too.
Old 08-15-2004
Registered!!

If you are gonna do that much power you are gonna have to do the internals so the motor can handle the abuse. Also Greg at Hondawerx said the cybernation turbo is garbage and is worth of shi*. And Hondawerx had them put in the cybernation kit and they still had problems. Greg and the crew ended up taking apart most of the motor and rebuilding it. Be carefull with cybernation I would hate to see you loose alot of money and time.
Old 08-15-2004
Hail to the king baby

kjgracing will become famous soon enoughkjgracing will become famous soon enough
HI all, I am JoeDc5 on 2k2 civic, I have finally got to the turbo. I have completed a JDM RSX TYPE-R motor swap and it's now in the process of getting turbo charged. I handed the car to RPM in NY to do this challenging task. their website is www.rpmnyc.com. Here are some pics. Enjoy and let me know what you think. 300-350whp when completed.
I haven't stayed in the game long enough? Type R? Is that a K20a?
If so I thought that was the TypeS.
Very nice swap and I like the added touch of a turbo
Old 08-15-2004
Registered!!

Wolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Jai
car is ugly as hell.. but the heart is ****ing beautiful.
agree
Old 08-15-2004
Registered!!

sL3epy is an unknown quantity at this point
OMG! what a waste of motor!!! poor k20
Old 08-15-2004
Registered!!

mndthegap1 has a spectacular aura aboutmndthegap1 has a spectacular aura about
not for nothing... sometimes i just dont get people on these boards... someone does something other then a stock color or does something a little different and right away everyone has to start with the rice... its rice....
what cause its a bright blue sooo what other than the white grill what is wrong with that color ? and painted interior.... well it goes with the color scheme so how is that rice ?
then you have people starting over lambo doors.... excuse me but more than half the boards are on a lambo door kick now... everyone has to have em....
someone puts alot of time and money into their car and everyone just rips on it...
i dont understand why people cant be constructive about their oppinions right away people have to just start attacking....
give someone credit for the work they have done.... you dont like it thats your oppinion... but you dont have to start laying into em... you can post your oppinions w/o attacking someone.....
like i said before nice work....
Old 08-15-2004
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
Originally Posted by kjgracing
I haven't stayed in the game long enough? Type R? Is that a K20a?
If so I thought that was the TypeS.
Very nice swap and I like the added touch of a turbo

the K20A is the type R motor bhp = 220

the K20A2 is the rsx type s motor bhp = 200

the K20A3 is the rsx/civic SI (01-04) engine bhp = 160
Old 08-15-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
mindthegap: put this thread on a mustang forum and see what they say about it
Old 08-15-2004
I like you! do you like me?

Farage is on a distinguished road
car is really ugly but the engine is awesome.
Old 08-15-2004
Registered!!

Mega Man X is an unknown quantity at this point
Too many colors.
Old 08-15-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mndthegap1
not for nothing... sometimes i just dont get people on these boards... someone does something other then a stock color or does something a little different and right away everyone has to start with the rice... its rice....
what cause its a bright blue sooo what other than the white grill what is wrong with that color ? and painted interior.... well it goes with the color scheme so how is that rice ?
then you have people starting over lambo doors.... excuse me but more than half the boards are on a lambo door kick now... everyone has to have em....
someone puts alot of time and money into their car and everyone just rips on it...
i dont understand why people cant be constructive about their oppinions right away people have to just start attacking....
give someone credit for the work they have done.... you dont like it thats your oppinion... but you dont have to start laying into em... you can post your oppinions w/o attacking someone.....
like i said before nice work....
Thanks Man MANY THANKS ^^^. You should not come up here yelling rice to tell the truth I think the word is out of style. I plan to change the white grill with just a regular mesh. it looks better. It's not a waste of a motor. People can see there is a scheme and alot of folks can even keep that. I wanted to go 3 tone. Blue/White/Black. Now for the silver rims I already posted something about it.
Old 08-15-2004
Show me your titties, I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!!!

SilverStreakEX is an unknown quantity at this point
what a great insightful post
Originally Posted by sL3epy
OMG! what a waste of motor!!! poor k20
Old 08-15-2004
BOOSTED HYBRID

icebergslim is an unknown quantity at this point
nice to see another turbo'd k series. Did you get your swap done at drt? I remember seeing a 7th gen civic getting a k20a swap.
Old 08-15-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by icebergslim
nice to see another turbo'd k series. Did you get your swap done at drt? I remember seeing a 7th gen civic getting a k20a swap.
Yeah they dropped the motor in for me since I didn't have a lift. and DRT srewed up all the wiring. After I got out of their shop (was in there for 1month) I ended up spending 2months fixing their crap. Knew I should of done it myself. The guys are horrible. Now RPM is the sh** Those guys are so smart and have degrees in aerospace engineering and stuff. take a look at their site. www.rpmnyc.com enjoy guys
Old 08-16-2004
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
Its how you used your color combination that makes me hate the car.
I live in Los Angeles where I see many cars with mods gone to hell.
Alot of these cars tend to be the ones with the blue/yellow or blue/white combo.
The problem is that when they paint their interior they go out and buy the generic blue color which resembles the color on your car in the pictures. They go about painting their car for a "two tone" look but it ends up looking like a blue cow with white spots. This makes the car look really cheap. The blue car and white grill makes it look like one.

Secondly, the exact thing is done with the interior. I think a nice looking interior thats going for a tow-tone look should have the colors split up horizontally so that the top is one color and the bottom is another. When you got 2 colors just scattered about like your car has (i.e. blue shift boot and white trim rings), it again makes the car look like a blue cow with white spots...or a white cow with blue spots. Either way it looks really tacky. Remember the tacky multicolored jackets from the 80's? Yeah that tacky.

I don't mind the shade of blue you used...its just how you used it.
Hope you understand what I just said.
Old 08-16-2004
Registered!!

I would take that up with stitchcraft interiors since they color coordinated the interior. They are professionals. And I told them I was going 3 tone. Blue/White/Blk. Also the car matches perfectly fine. Blue and white do match. In fact white seems to match anything. AND FOR THE LAST TIME!!! THE INTERIOR IS NOT PAINT IT WAS WRAPPED BY STITCHCRAFT INTERIORS WITH SPECIAL VINYL THAT IS FLEXIBLE IN ORDER TO WRAP THE INTERIOR. THERE IS VINYL MARKS IN IT SO THAT IS DOES NOT LOOK LIKE SOME ONE SANDED IT DOWN AND PAINTED IT. IT LOOKS ORIGINAL. ALSO THE CAR IS ALOT BRIGHTER IN THE PICS AND SO IS THE INTERIOR. I REALLY DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE THINKS OF THE OUTSIDE. I POSTED THIS ON INPUT FOR THE MOTOR. I LIKE THE CAR AND ALOT OF OTHER PEOPLE DO TOO(MAYBE NOT HERE BECAUSE RICE IS JUST ABOUT ANYTHING) AND IT'S FAST REAL FAST AND THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS.
Old 08-16-2004
Registered!!

Another thing too. This may be the ricest car here so you all belive but it's prolly one the fastest rice cars. Throws everyone off dosen't it. People think I am bowlshi**** when they see the TYPE-R on the fenders. People think it's got no go.
Old 08-16-2004
Registered!!

Nemesis22 is an unknown quantity at this point
IMO I don't like the car at all. I give him props for the motor and that's it. I'm not hating on you but it's just not my style. When you put the motor in you should've painted the engine bay the same color as the car, IMO. BUt nice motor. When you can post some dyno results.
Old 08-16-2004
I like you! do you like me?

Farage is on a distinguished road
yea sick car just not my style at ALL. i duno what color your car was originally but lets say black. lower it professionally and throw on some 16 inch black w/ silver lip rota slipstreams with high performance rubber. black out the OEM headlights and throw in some H.I.D.'s. an altezza grill will finish off the front. in the back, shave the badges and leave the stock tails and the OEM spoiler. tint the windows to 20% all around. i would leave the interior just as you have it except all in black. that would be the sickest car on this website. oh well...
Old 08-16-2004
Registered!!

Nemesis22 is an unknown quantity at this point
His car was Silver before. ^^^agree.
Old 08-16-2004
Registered!!

The car is lowered professionally and has 17inch Mr7 Rims with Ventus racing tires
Old 08-16-2004
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
Still is directed to me since you posted my car up there.
If you knew how this stuff worked....You would realize that I replied to his post
Old 08-16-2004
Registered!!

JDMsicvic is an unknown quantity at this point
Jesus Christ....its people like you that make me not wanna be into imports anymore.....*shame shame shame*
Old 08-16-2004
Registered!!

You see, I ordered my parts from wings west direct and I know some people say you can't but I know some of the guys there. I guess you guys think all of wings west cars are rice too.
Ok im done trying to get you to "talk" to me again... I did absolutly nothing wrong. Hell I even kept my mouth shut about the outside of your car...no one likes to hear that ****.

But MOST of the people on here will say YES THOSE KITS ARE "RICE", GAUDY, TASTELESS, THEY DO NOT MATCH THE SLEEKNESS OF THE CIVIC BODY.
THIS IS OUR FVCKING OPINIONS.

Mixing and matching opposite colors like white and black...blue and black....yellow and RED...May stand out... (imagine if i painted my honda grille white )

But do they look good? NO

Sure you may have gone to a show and won an award for the best rice, but in reality we like to drive nice clean rides.

you may aprove my post
Old 08-16-2004
Registered!!

Has anyone ever heard me call anything rice on this site?

I think this is the first time......I do keep my mouth shut, until someone acts like this in front of my family...damn straight! my 7thgencivic family
Old 08-17-2004
jrk jrk!

PonyChick is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey, if you didn't want to hear other people's opinions you shouldn't have posted the pictures of your car, and if you did want to get people's reactions you shouldn't be so cocky and sensitive about it.

Quick Reply: Here Is My Car!! Jdm Rsx Type-r Turbo Install