Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

It runs!!! The k20 LIVES!! (she's home.)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004
::+::My Girlfriend is hot, but I'm still GAY::+::

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura aboutyourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by Hawk
actually its gonna cost about $200-$300 to get it reflashed at Acura, which will hopefully happen today....
i was talking about to get it reflash at hondata it cost $600
Old 01-13-2004
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by Hawk
is that yen?

As i've said before, sure turboing seems alot cheaper than swaping in the start, but mod for mod the k20 will own d17, if you disagree....well sorry, i guess you researched wrong

To each their own i say, lets not turn this into a flame war turbo vs. swap debate thread please?
Oh I agree that Mod for Mod the K20 will own the D17. But my post was to JoeDC5's comment about work on te D17 being a waste of time and money. I myself would love to have a K20, but I don't have the money and would rather see what the D17 can do.
Old 01-13-2004
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by joedc5
The DIY is at www.hasport.com for the 01 civic.
Also I can't see a D17 motor having 500hp.
With a fully built motor it can happen. Look at Cat right now. Turboed D17A1 with a P&P head. With his new clutch he is going to be making close to 300whp. And thats with a stock bottom end. I'm not trying to turn this into a flame war, but just because its not a DOHC doesn't mean it can't make power.
Old 01-13-2004
You boost, I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by yourinmyw0rld
i was talking about to get it reflash at hondata it cost $600
oh yea thats pretty expensive, but well worth it in the end. Deffiently a future mod of mine.

Originally posted by Jodster
Oh I agree that Mod for Mod the K20 will own the D17. But my post was to JoeDC5's comment about work on te D17 being a waste of time and money. I myself would love to have a K20, but I don't have the money and would rather see what the D17 can do.
yea like i said everyone has their own way of doin it, i think its good that people sticking with the d17's. I personally wanted to have alittle more to start off of, also i'm not always the richest person in the world, and i think that 200hp will be plenty for me for a good while.
Old 01-14-2004
Registered!!

StLVtec is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah def, hawk. Thanks for that info, they where saying i needed the ect sensor from my civic but i didnt have it anymore b/c when i sent off my harness to get programed. But i need one quick. I might not hook up ac i never used it last year, i might not even hook up power steering i plan on going turbo later it will be a little more safe. I ll pm you with any other questions i come along. I want to go drive my car. They towed it down to the shop yesterday. Thanks Hawk and Joedc5
Old 01-14-2004
Registered!!

joedc5 is an unknown quantity at this point
No problem for the help. Hey StLVtec if you have a huge honda near you they usually have that ect sensor in stock. Why would have lost it because it's not part of the harness the ect screws into the cylinder head so the sensor is with the motor unless you elimited the connector that attaches to the sensor.

Hope this helps.

Joe
Old 01-14-2004
You boost, I-VTEC

Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by StLVtec
Yeah def, hawk. Thanks for that info, they where saying i needed the ect sensor from my civic but i didnt have it anymore b/c when i sent off my harness to get programed. But i need one quick. I might not hook up ac i never used it last year, i might not even hook up power steering i plan on going turbo later it will be a little more safe. I ll pm you with any other questions i come along. I want to go drive my car. They towed it down to the shop yesterday. Thanks Hawk and Joedc5
good to hear that was the problem, just hope that nuthing was damaged when you overheated it.

update on my situation, she goes to Acura Tuesday for brain surgurey i got the title and everything from the guy i bought the car from, no need remove the immobilizer

So sometime early next week she should be on the road.
Old 01-14-2004
I sure wish my car was newer

white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by StLVtec
I might not hook up ac i never used it last year
This is totally unrelated to swaps... how did you live in St. Louis last year and not use your AC? I can understand wanting to save weight and all, but that seems a little extreme for a daily driver.
Old 01-20-2004
Registered!!

lowzone is an unknown quantity at this point
stop driving that thing around without the extension pipe. I could hear you driving back from Acura all the way in Paramus.........get back to work the FTP is down.............................arrrrrrrggggggggh hhhhh
congrats!!!!! finally i dont have to drive you work now lol
Old 01-20-2004
Post Whore General

^^^^^^^^^^LOL

Well Hawk, I'm going to be taking on the swap this summer. So, hopefully I won't be running into that much problems. I've been following you and Nobottle's thread since day one. Its going to take me alittle bit of time due to lack of funds right now. lol
Old 01-21-2004
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
Originally posted by lowzone
stop driving that thing around without the extension pipe. I could hear you driving back from Acura all the way in Paramus.........get back to work the FTP is down.............................arrrrrrrggggggggh hhhhh
congrats!!!!! finally i dont have to drive you work now lol
HAHAHAHA...thats classic.
Old 08-01-2005
Registered!!

bOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enoughbOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enough
nice mod
Old 08-01-2005
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
damn... this thread is older than my [insert something fresh here].
Old 08-01-2005
BIG
Registered!!

BIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Rennen
damn... this thread is older than the carrot in my a$$hole.
Old 08-01-2005
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
Originally Posted by 042dr
nice mod
wtf man

honestly, what do u people search for?
Old 08-01-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
lol *****
Old 08-01-2005
Registered!!

Black02Civ is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Hawk
yea if people in and around Jersey want to get a meet together sometime soon just let me know, cause the car should be done by the weekend.

im in the philly area, i would love to check out ur finished product.
Old 08-01-2005

k20txem2 is an unknown quantity at this point
how long did that take?
Old 08-01-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
LOL n00bs
Old 08-01-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
pixs
Old 08-02-2005

k20txem2 is an unknown quantity at this point
holy crap this thread is frome 2002? someone close it so it can never be reopend.
Old 08-02-2005
Its a celebration bitches!

HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
lol.