Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

It runs!!! The k20 LIVES!! (she's home.)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004
You boost, I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by Jaykuai

Where you live Hawk.. maybe u will enter to acura pop your hood and they will say, oh look another swap.
as far as i know, no one else in Jersey has the swap done, so i don't think they will have had one come in yet.

joedc5: trust me man i wasn't putting down your car in any way, i was simply saying the reason i didn't buy a Type R front clip is because i wouldn't have gotten the brakes, leather and all the little parts i didn't have to go and buy at acura. If i didn't want the 5 lug i would have gotten a dc5 motor, but it seems kinda silly (imho) to put the better motor in and not have the better brakes.

As for the coolant temp sensor, i don't know if you have a 01 or 02, but i have a 02, and i didn't have a problem with it. We just started it, and it idled around 1,000 and dropped down to 700-800 like it should
Old 01-04-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Congrats Hawk!

I wish someone else was doing the K24 Frankenstein swap. I could use a little input.
Old 01-05-2004
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
What happens to the exhuast though? Do you need a custom downpipe and all that fun stuff? How's aboot the shocks and springs? Are you using RSX shocks and springs?
Old 01-05-2004
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
nice
can't wait for the pics
Old 01-05-2004
Registered!!

joedc5 is an unknown quantity at this point
I see what u mean Hawk. I was able to use my civic spindel and use my AEM big brakes so I did not the rsx ones. I am glad your swap worked out. Send me some pics on how you mounted the power steering resevoir and some different pics of where all your wires and cables are goin. Thanks Hawk and congrats on the swap!!

For Rsx shocks and stuff I noticed the the full coil over system that HAYME has is one incrediable system for this swap. Progress auto also has system for the car for $1,500 but I like the HAYME for $650 shipped. The exhaust does have to modified to match the headers but it was no big deal.
Old 01-05-2004
You boost, I-VTEC

Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by joedc5
I see what u mean Hawk. I was able to use my civic spindel and use my AEM big brakes so I did not the rsx ones. I am glad your swap worked out. Send me some pics on how you mounted the power steering resevoir and some different pics of where all your wires and cables are goin. Thanks Hawk and congrats on the swap!!

For Rsx shocks and stuff I noticed the the full coil over system that HAYME has is one incrediable system for this swap. Progress auto also has system for the car for $1,500 but I like the HAYME for $650 shipped. The exhaust does have to modified to match the headers but it was no big deal.
you were confused about the ps resevoir to eh

I got the idea from DC5@EM2 its pretty engenius actually, take your old braket that held the resevoir into your car, drill a hole in it, mount it to the rad support by the ps pump using a short head bolt and viola, mounted ps resevoir. I'll take pictures tomarrow when i go work on it.

and infinite012: I am using basically everything off of the RSX, the struts, spindles, lower control arms, front sway bars, rear sway bars. My rear struts and my Neuspeed springs, coilovers are next on the list, she's sitting alittle low in the front. Its all bolt on, the 2 cars are basically the same suspension wise.

I didn't get to work on the car today do to the rain and cold and whatnot in NJ. but my battery box from summit should be here tomarrow, so hopefully if UPS comes early, i'll be putting the battery in the trunk, driving over to the exhaust shop to get a new mid pipe made, between the cat and the resonator section, and getting the ECU flashed. Then everything should be done. If not tomarrow than by thursday deffinetly.

I'm getting excited about this car for the first time in a LLLLONNNG time.

Last edited by Hawk; 01-05-2004 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-05-2004
K20 Member

ImportRacer2123 is an unknown quantity at this point
OMG! It's alive after the longest downtime in 7th gen civic motor swap history! i wonder if you could make Genuis for that? PICS MAN PICS! i really want to know what Acura and Honda have to say.
Old 01-05-2004
Registered!!

joedc5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Hawk thanks!! I had it zip tied. Did you use the RSX resevoir? Also Hawk email those pics to montuori@comcast.net
Why didn't you use the acura steering wheel too?
I bought a JDM rsx type-r Wheel and bolted right in.
And do you know where I can get RSX front and rear seats for cheap and do you know if the back seats bolt in as well?
Old 01-05-2004
You boost, I-VTEC

Originally posted by joedc5
Hey Hawk thanks!! I had it zip tied. Did you use the RSX resevoir? Also Hawk email those pics to montuori@comcast.net
Why didn't you use the acura steering wheel too?
I bought a JDM rsx type-r Wheel and bolted right in.
And do you know where I can get RSX front and rear seats for cheap and do you know if the back seats bolt in as well?
yea i used the RSX resevoir, had to think there for a moment, been a while hehe.

I didn't use the wheel cause the bag was blown and the airbag cover wasn't there, it'd be like 700 bucks to get a new bag and honda cover. Eventually i'm gonna get a CTR/ITR wheel

I'd check around ebay for the RSX seats, i was very lucky my car had them in it

the back seats take some modifacation. http://www.hondawerx.com has a DIY on his site for doin the rear seat, but he's revamping the site right now. Its basically a matter of trimming the outside edges of the seat and relocating the latch, civic is 60/40 rsx is 50/50. I didn't get to do mine yet, cause like everything else i've been lazy, but i'll get around to it soon enough now that i have a reason to
Old 01-05-2004
Registered!!

StLVtec is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice Hawk, i talked to my shop today my car runs to, getting ecu flashed on wed. Car will be done by this weekend he said
Old 01-05-2004
You boost, I-VTEC

another race to see who's car is finished first

i'm shooting for Thursday, your challange is set
Old 01-05-2004
Jam out with your clam out.

abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
chop chop cheerio
Old 01-05-2004
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2004
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
yo i live in philly but i chill in jersey often.. like in cherry hill and stuff.. i would be hot if we can get a small meet to check out ur whip.. maybe go for a few pulls *evil* hehe
Old 01-06-2004
You boost, I-VTEC

yea if people in and around Jersey want to get a meet together sometime soon just let me know, cause the car should be done by the weekend.
Old 01-06-2004
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn, hawk. Your ride is finally coming together. Congrats. What was the hardest part of the whole swap?
Old 01-06-2004
You boost, I-VTEC

the wiring.

The reason it took so long was i waited way to long to order the harness from hasport.
Old 01-06-2004
Registered!!

XxJDMCivicxX is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats on finally getting it running! Must be worth it even though it's running like crap.
Old 01-06-2004
Registered!!

DINGALING is an unknown quantity at this point
how about those promised pics?

-dingaling
Old 01-06-2004
You boost, I-VTEC

took a picture of the more complete engine bay. We got the battery in the trunk but we finished it late so i didn't take a picture, i will tomarrow. Now that the battery is mounted i should be goin to the exhaust shop and Acura tomarrow and then its over

Btw. picture was taken before the battery was moved, intake is a black Injen SRI. NO CAI!!!!

Last edited by Hawk; 01-06-2004 at 09:54 PM.
Old 01-06-2004
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Originally posted by Hawk
and then its over
Don't you mean, it's just starting? Time for your fun to begin!!!
Old 01-06-2004
You boost, I-VTEC

trust me after all this i just want it to be done. I don't when i'll be able to actually enjoy the car again.....probably the first time i bring it up to 8,000 rpm
Old 01-07-2004
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
is it still running??

HAHAHA...so...whens this meet? i remember you saying something about a ride??? hehe

how bout something next week? my weekends are kind of not free anymore...although im not complaining.

anyway...hows the exhaust?
Old 01-07-2004
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
it looks good in there. Almost like it belongs in the bay. DAMN YOU Honda
Old 01-07-2004
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks good hawk. Shouldnt the motor break in, I mean in your car now? Just think, you have a heater now.
Old 01-07-2004
You boost, I-VTEC

just got back from working on the loud monster.

Everything is done, the belt is run, the battery relocation is finished, power steering is working. Tomarrow she goes to Acura and the exhaust shop. Its pretty safe to say tomarrow she comes home

Last edited by Hawk; 01-07-2004 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-07-2004
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
^^^^^^^Sounds great man!! Feel like writing up a DYI?
Old 01-07-2004
Registered!!

XxJDMCivicxX is an unknown quantity at this point
Ya DYI sounds good and tell us what Acura says .
Old 01-07-2004
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
after acura you should go to honda and show them what a performance package should be. HAHA
Old 01-08-2004
LEVA

KeNsHiN is an unknown quantity at this point
WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Quick Reply: It runs!!! The k20 LIVES!! (she's home.)