Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Some current pics-check em out-VIDEO ADDED 1st Post

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007
Turbo Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Some current pics-check em out-VIDEO ADDED 1st Post

Update 2: Feb 5-Car is in the shop. New radiator support is being welded in. Cracked windshield is being replaced, getting new oem front bumper and it is being painted to match. Seibon OEM CF Hood and Seibon CF WW G5 front lip on order, should be here mid next week.

Update, check out the vid:

02 DX with a laundry list of mods. Engine dyno'd 374 whp and 280 lb/ft tq at 21 psi.

Engine:
t3/t4e 57 trim 48 ar turbine/60 ar compressor turbocharger
Dezod Motorsports Equal Length Turbo Manifold
JDM Fabtech custom intake manifold
d17a2 engine swap
Walbro 255lph HP in tank fuel pump
RC Engineering 750cc injectors
2.5" intercooler piping
2.5" Dezod stainless downpipe
3" exhaust from downpipe back, stainless, mandrel bent
3" straight through Vibrant 18" resonator
3" straight through Vibrant stealth performance muffler
PLX DM-100 gauge with SM AFR wideband
Autometer Sport Comp Digital Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure and Boost gauges
K Pro for D17
AEM adjustable Cam Gear
Tial 35mm Wastegate
Greddy Type S BOV
Fast Turbo Vacuum Manifold
Action Clutch 2MD 6 puck clutch kit
Action Clutch Chromoly Steel Flywheel
Wiseco 8.8:1 Pistons
Crower Rods
Crower Stage III Full Race Camshaft
Crower Valvespring and Retainer Kit
Return Fuel System
Aeromotive Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator
JEG's 30 Micron In-Line Fuel Filter

Suspension:
15" Konig Hurries wrapped in Falken Azenis DR's
Ground Control Coilovers
Koni Yellows
SPC Front and Rear Camber Kits
Neuspeed Front Upper Strut Bar
Progress 27 mm Front Sway Bar

The bodykit is all OEM, except the front lip, which is WW G5
OEM Seibon cf hood and the same style lip in cf is coming very soon
Also, my quaife lsd is on order, along with a new tranny
Will also be picking up the passenger seat within the next month, as well as a new Pioneer AVIC D3 and both front and rear bumpers are being repainted
When the bumpers are painted, the radiator support will be replaced with a new one and fitment should be perfect once that is done

After all of that is done, I'll be doing rear disc brake conversion and rear sway bar.
Still debating about stepping up to a bigger turbo and downpipe, just not sure I'll want to do it or not.

Last edited by andyman97; 02-06-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old 12-30-2007
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough
Re: Some current pics-check em out

single sparco seat looks gay. I wouldn't mind seeing some blacked out tails to match that trunk. Intercooler looks dope as ****, badass nikkah.
Old 12-30-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

who cares about the seat, look at those numbers! thats impressive, where did u get that IM, that looks friggin hot, and how much that set u back??
Old 12-30-2007
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

So thats what you've been up to. Car looks 10 times better Andy, keep up the good work. I say go GT30
Old 12-30-2007
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

still looking good andy!!!! what intercooler are u running?
Old 12-30-2007
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough

Still looks good, its been a while since I've seen a post from ya. Then again it could be that I'm not on here everyday.
Old 12-30-2007
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by greeen01civic4d
who cares about the seat, look at those numbers! thats impressive, where did u get that IM, that looks friggin hot, and how much that set u back??
agreed until a certain extent, his car could be quick and mint. It just looks to off with that seat, do something right, not half ***.
Old 12-30-2007
Registered!!

FiveOhFlickr will become famous soon enoughFiveOhFlickr will become famous soon enough

I'm sure Andy and everyone else don't really care about the matching seat, but whats under the hood and how well it's built. Plus, he did state that his passenger seat will be on within this month. Saying it's half ***'d is a no-go.
Old 12-30-2007
Jza
Registered!!

Originally Posted by FiveOhFlickr
Saying it's half ***'d is a no-go.
I'd say you're a ho-mo.

I know he's putting in a new seat, I just gave my opinion on his car, he posted pictures, I will do this if I want to.
Old 12-30-2007
Registered!!

mdawg is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Jza
I'd say you're a ho-mo.
I'd say you looking for a ban and you need it.

Anyway, damn that car is sick. Only thing I could suggest on it is changing the blacked out trunk to the color of your car and maybe a spoiler, just my style ya know. Good job tho
Old 12-30-2007
Jza
Registered!!

it was jokes there 'mdawg', calm down.
Old 12-30-2007
Registered!!

Christian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to behold

that is one crazy looking turbo mani.
Old 12-30-2007
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

jza, i would suggest that u state that before hand before u get banned... cuz this forum has gone down hill before and i think its slowly coming back around. there is stating ur opinion and there's acting like a lil kid. i'm not calling u one or trying to start anything just letting u know! Andy has done alot for this forum especially as far as helping people with there turbo setups and what not. shyt, i wish i was smart enough to start on the performance part of my car instead of looks first! well, anyways like always andy numbers lookin great keep us updated on the car!
Old 12-30-2007
Registered!!

J Casanova will become famous soon enoughJ Casanova will become famous soon enough

blue in the center consol is ugly. dash trim kit is ugly. you have a rear floor mat out of a truck in the front. shift **** is ugly. sparco seat is out of place. your hood either isnt shut all the way or you have an alignment/clearance problem. the engine is built well. carbon trunk and hood might look good but idk :S but hey its what you like
Old 12-30-2007
Jza
Registered!!

Originally Posted by filipinop1405
... shyt, i wish i was smart enough to start on the performance part of my car instead of looks first!
How about you wish for grammar skills and mind your own business?

Go on a rant about 'this forum going downhill', after I already corrected myself? Who do you think you are, what are you trying to prove? You definately didn't impress anyone because you couldn't even spell '****' correctly let alone capitalize your I's.

If anything, Andy should be the one calling me out, cause it's his car. I'm sure with a car that dope, he doesn't really care what some guy says over a forum, some people arn't **** like that, Filipinop.

I am sorry for what I said about Andy's car. I did not mean for it to come off as it did, everybody take a breather. Why should I need to state that I'm saying my opinion? I'm saying it, it's obviously my opinion? I thought this was understood by all, but then again, I assumed everyone who was old enough to drive could also spell '****' correctly.

Andy, I think your car is as phat as it is fast, I meant no offence.

Mdawg, I only called you a 'ho-mo', cause it rhymed with 'no-go', as before, it was a joke, sorry if you got upset.

Filipinop, don't ever try to takl up to me again, you just got destroyed.

Last edited by Jza; 12-30-2007 at 04:01 PM. Reason: had to fix some stuff up yo, made it mo' JDM
Old 12-30-2007
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jza
How about you wish for grammar skills and mind your own business?

... I assumed everyone who was old enough to drive could also spell '****' correctly.

Filipinop, don't ever try to takl up to me again, you just got destroyed.
Someone should take their own advice.
Old 12-30-2007
Jza
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 01HonderCivic
Someone should take their own advice.
because I obviously beleive 'talk' is spelt that way? Left that there just so someone like you would make a fool of themselves pointing out a typo as a grammatical error, good one, bro!

There is writting for an essay and just general writting. Everyone makes casual spelling mistakes, but the way he wrote was if anything, unacceptable for a 25 year old.

Way to keep the thread off topic buddy, back onto the important now.

Andy, that turbo is huge.
Old 12-30-2007
Registered!!

JZA, I didn't even say anything bad about you and I was just letting you know that you should put that you are joking before someone misunderstands you. I was referring to you calling someone else ho-mo not about your opinions on Andy's car. How about you completely read and understand what a grown man is telling your childish *** before you try to talk to a grown *** soldier. I spelled **** wrong because that is the way I spell it on forums. I apologize that I don't have as much time as you to completely think about my grammar and spelling on a FORUM! Try spelling TALK right! My grammar skills? I was talking about wishing that I started on my engine instead of the looks of my car. So what grammar skills are you talking about? Oh yea, I said that this forum has GONE downhill BEFORE, not continuing to go downhill. I was simply just saying what I said so that you wouldn't get banned. So please don't think that you destroyed me... Grow up!
Old 12-30-2007
Registered!!

J Casanova will become famous soon enoughJ Casanova will become famous soon enough

this thread now needs to be moved to the "your opinion sucks & grammatical debate" section of this forum.
Old 12-30-2007
Jza
Registered!!

Originally Posted by J Casanova
this thread now needs to be moved to the "your opinion sucks & grammatical debate" section of this forum.
lol!

and super lols @ filipinops reply! A grown soldier, I respect you soooo much more now!

that's as far as I got in his post, if anyone finds more lols, please post them below, thx.
Old 12-30-2007
Registered!!

Whatever dude... I'm done with you. I was just trying to help you out but whatever. Back to Andy's car... Why did you decide blue center console??
Old 12-30-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Holy welcome back from the ****ing dead Andy! Where you been man?

Engine is looking good man, although I agree with other folks, the blue has gotta go in the interior. Did you pull both the ABS and the PS? Or did the DX not come with ABS and I just don't remember?

Dude, if and when I get stationed in MD next year, if you're still running a 2.5" DP on that thing, I'm making you a 3". Bodykit and stance look really good.
Old 12-30-2007
Registered!!

buckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the rough

Everyone says you can't mod a D17 for speed, you proved them wrong Andy. Props dude.
Old 12-30-2007
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the comments. I wasn't planning on picking up seats just yet but I found this one seat for a steal and couldn't pass it up. It was either buy another seat or get my lsd and install it. I choose lsd sooner than a new seat, it will be of more benefit to me. The second seat will be installed within a month, I'm not that worried about it, I won't be entering any shows before that so it doesn't really matter.

As for the interior, I did the blue center console like 4 or 5 years ago. None of the interior is a "trim kit", its all painted. As for the colors, what would you guys suggest. I agree that the blue needs to be changed but the silver is the same satin silver metallic of the car and I think it looks really good. I'm open to suggestions for the center if anyone has any. I also plan to pick up a burnt titanium jdm shift **** to replace the existing one sooner or later.

My real main concern for now is getting the engine and transmission 100% sound before I start to focus on the rest of the aesthetics.

As stated, I know the hood and bumper don't line up, I already said that I was replacing the radiator support when the engine comes out to remedy that. Does anyone read posts or just look at pictures and leave comments without reading the obvious?

Oh, and the trunk isn't 'blacked out', it's carbon fiber.

Clint, I removed ps and ac. The dx doesn't come with abs. If you have access to a tig and want to make me a 3" that clears, be my guest, hehe.
Old 12-30-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by speedfoos
And for the rest of this BS..

i beleive you stole this image from the illustrated dictionary's definition of "chav"

but back on topic i think if you color matched the center consol to the the silver (i thought it was white because of the lighting lol) it would look alot better. and if you got a black shift boot with the **** you mentioned it would clean it up alot also. other than that i really like your car its just the blue consol KILLED it for me

Last edited by J Casanova; 12-30-2007 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-30-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^ Naw. d-series.org.

Sorry man, no TIG, but I can run a mean bead with my MIG welder now and should be able to make a 3" that will clear AC on my log mani. Would've have done it on the one I'm running now but I let the guy talk me into a J-bend instead of a U-bend. Had I a U-bend, I'd have AC again.

I don't know about the EL mani though, would have to see what it looks like up close to see if we could wrap it around tightly enough and still be able to put some bolts in it and tighten them down on the snail. How much longer are you stationed in MD?
Old 12-30-2007
Turbo Guru

The center console in silver would be too much silver. Even with a black ****. I would have to redo the ring in black. I'll give it some thought and see what I want to do eventually.

I'll be around indefinitely. No need to worry about ac, its been removed. I won't mig up a down pipe for show purposes, once this thing is done, I plan to win some shows. I plan to stick around MD once my mob is up.
Old 12-30-2007
Registered!!

Polo2k4 will become famous soon enough

Wow that engine setup is awesome. Lots of money in there. May i suggest reseting the interior back to stock,or black? Id also go for a front and rear brake update too.
Old 12-30-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

ahhhh that turbo mani is a monster!!! nice numbers too
Old 12-30-2007
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute

looking good Andy, and welcome back!

Quick Reply: Some current pics-check em out-VIDEO ADDED 1st Post