Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

> > > Koni Shocks... < < <

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eXNBP is an unknown quantity at this point
> > > Koni Shocks... < < <

Just recieved my shocks from TireRack. Ordered it Friday and recieved it Tuesday. Pretty satisfied with the service. I was going to use a cheaper hookup to get it but I don't relaly know the hookup that well so I went with a place that was really reliable. I ordered just the rears since those are in more need of tending to than the fronts right now. The shock and spring installation was really simple but the spring needed to be compressed down really low. So I took it to my local Honda since my bud works there and had it compressed really well and just hand tightene the bolt on the top for both sides and left. Putting one side back in I noticed most of the paint chipping off and my Koni stickers on my shocks ripped off LOL Anyways the installation of the shock assembly was quite simple but one thing I noticed is you can't adjust the shock from the inside. So we used needle nose pliers and put it on the firmest setting since I have an autox on sunday. Not too sure if Koni even checked how adjusting it would get in the way. Also another thing I noticed was that the perch deosn't look to seem to hold too well. I was thinking of having my bud weld the perch together. But I'd really not want to compress that spring anymore and just want to weld the perch and shock body together ANyways all in all I paid $294 shipped from TireRack for the rears. And I am very satisifeid on how well the shocks dampen. Anyone else experience anything bad about them? Also anyone have problems with leaking on the front or rear? I'm going to get the fronts as soon as next month or 2 since I'm a bit too busy with bills right now :| Oh yeah I'm getting a hookup for aligning my car tommorow
Old 04-02-2003
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Maverick had his perches go out on him and his whole back end fell to the ground, scratching his rear and sides. That is all i know.
Old 04-02-2003
Registered!!

Frank2sy is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought my Konis from Tornactive. I'm very satisfied so far. I installed them myself, have no problem what so ever.
Old 04-02-2003
He can only tell us white people apart by the tone of our skin.

reytito is an unknown quantity at this point
hey exNBP, hows it drive/feel with only rear konis and stock fronts? cuz i was thinking abotu doing the same thing...thanks
Old 04-02-2003
Roy
Registered!!

Roy is an unknown quantity at this point
you might want to brake them in properly first. can't just beat on them and hope they don't blow.
Old 04-02-2003
Registered!!

eXNBP is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Roy
you might want to brake them in properly first. can't just beat on them and hope they don't blow.
I've never heard of a break in period and there's a lifetime warranty on them anyways. I'm sure Koni wanted me to make good use of their shocks And I'm too lazy to adjust them, as I've said in the statement it is really hard to adjust the shocks since the adjusting cap doesn't fit under in there to make it soft.

To the guy who asked how stock front with koni rear feels like. It feels really "solid" in the back and wobbly in the front when I go over bumps. Although when I'll be autoxing I prolly won't be able to feel the fronts as much as the rear Not too bad but the plan is to wait until iluvbritney rids of his car in the future I'll take over his fronts and we'll put my stock front/rear on his car with stock springs. And make the car fully stock again Again not sure when that is going to happen though.
Old 04-02-2003
Registered!!

RoadRunner is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok so in your opinion you say that Koni's are good shocks. Because some people on this site hate on them, sayin they suck and blow out all the time. But it is good that you have a lifetime warranty, so if one blows or somethin just send it in and get another. Well i'm thinkin about gettin some then.
Old 04-02-2003
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
For the rear adjusment on the Konis, just take the **** that comes with them and cut that top part down small enough to get it on the adjusement tit. Using pliers and stuff is gonna ruin it sooner or later.

I paid around $500 for a full set of Koni's and put them on with ProKit springs over a year ago and have had not one problem with them. Over 20,000 miles on them now on all kinds of roads.
Old 04-03-2003

Vinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of light
i wuz thinking of doing koni rears w/ GC
and stock shox w/ GC

then i tried to to lower my front pass 2.75'.....
the metal thing won't let me adjust my front any
lower...

sux....i have to buy the full koni set
Old 04-03-2003
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
I think you'll like it better with Konis all around.
Old 04-03-2003
Registered!!

yea, get some koni's for the front
Old 04-03-2003
Registered!!

yea, get some koni's for the front