Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Cup Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003
El Pinche Turbo Mexicano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicMexicano is an unknown quantity at this point
Cup Kit

does anyone know if the H&R cup kit is adjustable, or how much does it lower your car,

thanks...
Old 01-07-2003
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
no not adjustable. it is around 2-2.25" front and 1.7-2" rear depending on how your car settles into it.
Old 01-07-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
I dont know about that robbclark1, H&R;s site says this,

H&R INTRODUCES EXCLUSIVE CUP KIT FOR HONDA CIVIC

Bellingham, Washington (March 7, 2002)-Extraordinary. H&R Special Springs, LP introduces the exclusive Cup Kit suspension system for the Honda Civic. The Cup Kit was first introduced by H&R and has set a new standard in the suspension market. The first to design a suspension system with the benefits of an extremely low ride height, exceptional performance and handling, while still providing an outstanding ride, H&R continues to lead the suspension market toward excellence.

The Cup Kit lowers the Civic approximately 2.0 inches in the front and 1.75 inches in the rear. Cup Kits are changing the way people think about very low suspension kits. Ideal for first-time buyers and seasoned enthusiasts, these kits offer precise handling without sacrificing the comfortable ride of the vehicle. Cup Kit applications are available for 1992 - 1995 Civics' and 1996 - 2000 Civic applications. 2001 Civic is also planned for production!

This dynamic suspension system consists of our custom valved, shortened shocks that are specifically matched to ultra low, special progressive springs, thus creating the "H&R Quality-matched System". Added benefits of the Honda Civic Cup Kits are that they are height adjustable and externally damping adjustable, allowing for personal tuning of your Civics' ride and stance. Cup Kits are also very competitively priced.

"Cup Kits are perfect for the younger generation involved in the sport compact marketplace," said Roland Graef, president of H&R Special Springs, LP. "Cup Kits provide them with extreme lowering and increased performance, without yielding a harsh ride. All of these benefits are provided at a very affordable price. Cup Kits have become especially popular among Civic owners."

H&R Special Springs is a German based suspension company that has been built on a foundation of superior quality, true performance and the best customer service. H&R has established a proven heritage of unsurpassed industry respect and customer confidence, all of which gives H&R the definitive edge in suspension tuning and design. All H&R products are crafted in Germany and exceed ISO 9001 quality assurance standards. H&R maintains a U.S. facility located in Bellingham, Washington, where additional testing and research are conducted. For more information, visit www.hrsprings.com or call (888) 827-8881.

So they may in fact be adjustible, Does any one have them now and can verify that?
Old 01-07-2003
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
[hr]Added benefits of the Honda Civic Cup Kits are that they are height adjustable and externally damping adjustable[hr]
wtf...??? i always thought the cup kit was just springs+shock. not coilovers.. cause wouldnt they just call it their coilovers?
Old 01-07-2003
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
[hr]Originally posted by: VNlilMAN
[hr]Added benefits of the Honda Civic Cup Kits are that they are height adjustable and externally damping adjustable[hr]
wtf...??? i always thought the cup kit was just springs+shock. not coilovers.. cause wouldnt they just call it their coilovers?[hr]
It says on the specs that it is adjustable but I am agree with you vnlilman, i thought they weren't. I am so confused![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] Someone want to give them a call?
Old 01-07-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Here's th link if any one is interested H&R Cup Kit for Civic

eaven in their aplication guide it says this

Applications for 2001 Honda Civic
--Year--
Suspension

Stage Chassis / Drivetrain Notes Approx. Front Lowering Approx. Rear Lowering Part Number Sug. Retail Photo

Sport Spring not 4-dr EX 1.3 1.3 51866 $ 269.00 Kit

Cup Kit Damping / Height Adj 2.0 1.7 31866-1 $ 929.00 Kit

Coil Over 1.2 - 2.2 .75 - 1.6 51806 $ 0.00 Kit

so who knows?

Applicatoins For 2001 Honda civic
Old 01-07-2003
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
its not adjustable, its all prematched spring and shock rates. you cant dampen the shocks or adjust the ride hieght.
Old 01-07-2003
Autocross Junky

blouisgod, can you verify this please. All of the information I've found about the Civic version of the cup kit says otherwise, including a Press report form H&R dated 03/07/02.
Old 01-07-2003
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
they have an application for the 02 rsx and someone on clubrsx.com has em'. i should get em but im broke
Old 01-08-2003
Autocross Junky

Browsing through H&R's site, it's true the RSX version makes no mention of being adjustible,

Applications for 2002 Acura RSX
Suspension
Stage________Chassis / Drivetrain_____Notes___Approx. Front Lowering__ Approx. Rear Lowering___Part Number___Sug. Retail Photo

Sport Spring______________________________________1.4___ ___________1.3_________________50148_______$ 269.00 Kit

Cup Kit___________________________________________2.0_ ____________1.7_________________30148-1______$ 929.00 Kit

Where The application guide for the civic says this,

Applications for 2001 Honda Civic
Suspension
Stage_________Chassis/ Drivetrain______Notes______ Approx. Front Lowering___Approx. Rear Lowering__Part Number__Sug. Retail
Sport Spring_____not 4-dr EX___________________________1.3_________________1 .3 _______________ 51866_____$ 269.00 Kit
Cup Kit ________________________Damping / Height Adj____2.0_________________1.7________________3186 6-1___$ 929.00 Kit

In the notes for the Civic Cup Kit it says Damping / Height Adj. We need more info on this.

Old 01-08-2003
Life Begins > 6800rpms

good stuff. ill email them right now and post the response. brad
Old 01-08-2003
Life Begins > 6800rpms

ok guys i just called them. the rep said its koni style shock with a **** that can be adjusted. also, the spring can be adjusted by a thread, just like a coilover setup! you can see it if you go here, link , and go to 2002 civic cup kit and there is a photo. damn, seeing this makes me think about getting it. its probably a better ride than tien fulls
Old 01-08-2003
Autocross Junky

Yippie I know what suspension I'm getting!
Old 01-09-2003
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
uhm.. i dont see the threads.. i'm guessing its just like konis tho cause i know the konis are "height adjustable" in the rear... its not like coilovers but they are still adjustable(or so everyone says)
Old 01-09-2003
Autocross Junky

It may just be a stock photo, Most companys do that when the real thing is still in development.

Ya, this is definitly a stock photo, It dosn't have the arm for our stearing rack on it.
and the attachment for the front strut is totally wrong. THis looks like one for the 6th and earlyer gen civics.
Old 01-10-2003
Registered!!

vtecharry is an unknown quantity at this point
Has anyone asked H&R or know what the spring rates are, front/rear?