Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

VIS V-SPEC Coil-overs

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nonsense2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
VIS V-SPEC Coil-overs

I bought some vis v-spec coil-overs from vis. Tach the guy who help me told me "these are made in japan and are ultimate spring quality...Cold casted oval coiling design for an uncompromised solid and smooth ride" I was like cool. When I left from there shop my car was bouncing a lot, when I mean bouncing I was jumping out of my seat the entire ride I was bouncing. My car felt like crap. I took back and told him he siad maybe "he siad maybe the spring are to hard" he change and I left. It still felt a littel better but it still was bouncing. In the fwy it was even wrost. For the 3rd time I took back and told them these thing suck he made some modification, I told him are these for my car tach it took him a while to answer me he siad"of course" I told him u know what tach just put my stock springs back and let me return these. He siad no but I could put your old springs back but I cant return you the money. I siad cool can I exachane for store credit he siad "no"and walk away. I lost $220. I dont wanna say nothing bad about vis racing sports but they ripped me off. Dont buy vis coil-overs I wont recomend them. Buy groundcontrol pay like $120 but u will have a better and smother ride trust me.
If you have any question please email me at etrdee05@msn.Com.
Old 12-13-2002
Registered!!

SpecV is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude lose the cap lock.
Old 12-13-2002
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
eh, i've actually heard that they were alright. have you driven with coilovers before? coilovers normally tend to be bouncy. thats why i dont really recommend it without aftermarket shocks.
n you actually believed the store? of course he's going to lie to you and say they're the best. he just wants you to buy it and it worked. if you havnt already, you'll realize the car business is real shady. i cant even get an oil change without someone trying to rip me off. but ya next time come here before you buy something. you can get different opinions on things.
oh and check out the socal forum, we have a meet coming up in jan 4 in laguna niguel.
Old 12-13-2002
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Old 12-13-2002
Ultimate OG Member

TopFuel will become famous soon enough
The guy couldn't even put together one sentence that sounded right. ANYWAYS, VIS v-spec coilovers aren't THAT bad. I dont know which guy it was that you talked to but everytime i go there i've gotten great service. I sold some VIS VSPEC Coilovers to an accord guy and he said he loved the ride and it was worth the money. Just like VNiL said, I agree with him that adjustable springs aren't that great if you don't add on new shocks. GC, Skunk2, and VSPEC coilovers are all adjustable springs. IF you want real coilovers get TEINS or JIC or whatever else that has a full set up. Are you SURE your stock shocks aren't blown?? I dont know what roads you drive on, but when you describe it like that I would check those shocks.

Old 12-13-2002
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
eh, maybe accords have better shocks?
also, it might be a good ride to one person and the worst ride to another.. it just depends on how picky you are about ride quality.
Old 12-13-2002
illest ma f*cken member

SkiLLzSter is an unknown quantity at this point
uhh my friend had vspec coils and tokico shocks on his 98 civic coupe...i've been in it and to tell you how it rides...its smoothe as hell...better than stock...don't know what happen to yours...maybe you have stock shocks thats why...oh well...
Old 12-15-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

bluelight is an unknown quantity at this point
a friend of mine had vspecs on his 7thgen on stock struts, and it was bumpy as hell...i hit my head 3 time in a 7 min. drive.
Old 12-15-2002
Ultimate OG Member

TopFuel will become famous soon enough
OKAY SO NOW YOU ALL HAVE READ THE REPLIES ABOVE. The Solution is...BUY NEW AFTERMARKET SHOCKS. Problem solved. VSPEC coilovers aren't as bad as nonsense wrote. Stock shocks suck.
Old 12-24-2002
Registered!!

jwsisme is an unknown quantity at this point
Just saw the "CAPS LOCK" picture....too funny!
Old 12-24-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
I changed the case for you big guy. I wanted to read what you wrote, but I read much faster when everything isn't capitalized. I did it with a text editor BTW, so it only took me 30 seconds. Please don't post in all CAPS any more.