Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

eibach sportline springs...how is the ride?????? About to get em for my coupe

Old 07-04-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
StealthCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
eibach sportline springs...how is the ride?????? About to get em for my coupe

Ya'll with eibach sportline springs....how is the ride...is it smooth and
comfortable or feel like you are riding over rocks?? I want to go with
Eibach sportline or Nuespeed Sport like Vnlilman has.....Tell me you experience with Eibach's sportline. thanks.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-04-2002
Registered!!

skitzo is an unknown quantity at this point
The ride is great for being lowered. I've found the 1.4 they quote as the drop is off i'm sitting around 1.8-2.0 lower all around. It took away most wheel gap and isn't bouncy at all, I immediatly noticed the imporved handeling (even with the factory tires/wheels) and an even better improvement when I went to 215/45's. Overall
Old 07-05-2002
Registered!!

plastic is an unknown quantity at this point
they're alright and would definitely recommend them, but the back sags way more than the front though.. but it ain't too bad [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-05-2002
Registered!!

HeRbaLuS is an unknown quantity at this point
how much are those spring spacers they got out there for the saggin that the springs cause in the rear of the sedans??
Old 07-06-2002
Registered!!

pdxbiker is an unknown quantity at this point
The sportlines are great but even greater with shocks such as Koni's. The Koni's would solve your sagging rear.
Old 07-06-2002
Registered!!

RockfordFosgateBwoy is an unknown quantity at this point
i thought the eibachs dont sag, i got a heavy stereo in the trunk, i dont want my car looking retarded. Is this for real? I got a coupe.

RF Bwoy
Old 07-06-2002
Registered!!

StealthCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: plastic
they're alright and would definitely recommend them, but the back sags way more than the front though.. but it ain't too bad [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][hr]
bro, if the back sags I'm getting the nuespeed sport springs, I can't have my back sagging, I think that looks real bad, I would rather the back be up a little even rather than down. I thought Hawk's car looked real cool even when he said he had a high back, with nuespeed sport springs....Unless of ya'll really tell me eibach's are the deal, I am going to hook up with the Nuespeed Sport for my vic........Rip
Old 07-07-2002
Registered!!

WishIWaitedForRSX is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: pdxbiker
The sportlines are great but even greater with shocks such as Koni's. The Koni's would solve your sagging rear.[hr]
What exactly causes the saggin rear? I don't have anything in my trunk, will the tail still sag with just springs?
Old 07-07-2002
Registered!!

pdxbiker is an unknown quantity at this point
I think sagging is caused by either more weight in the back or the shocks in the back are blown. I have sportlines and they don't sag at all on my coupe even without Koni's. I did eventually get Koni's though.
Old 07-07-2002
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
PEOPLE, THE SPORTLINES DO NOT SAG IN THE REAR!!!!
just trying to clear things up here.... they might however sag for the sedans, maybe thats was plastic was refering too.... the coupe should have no problems tho.... solution to sedan owners, just get the neuspeed sports for sedan...

oh and as for people with systems in your trunk, i doubt its heavy enough to make a noticable difference...
Old 07-09-2002
Registered!!

Nitek is an unknown quantity at this point
Anybody have pics of sportlines on their coupe on stock rims and tires? How is the finger gap on the rears? Thinking about ditching the coilovers for these.
Old 07-10-2002
Registered!!

I just had them installed yesterday. Will get a pic of it tonight or tomorrow. It's not low enough to go anywhere near clearing the gap, but it does cut the stock gap by 70% or so.

IMO it's a bit too low for everyday driving in the city, but will be great for handling and riding over the highway.

More on this when I have pics and have driven on it more.
Old 07-11-2002
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
i wanna get some, but wanna know about ride and see what the end result looks like. how much are they anyway?
Old 07-11-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: djlutchi
i wanna get some, but wanna know about ride and see what the end result looks like. how much are they anyway?[hr]
I'll have pics for you soon. As for the ride, honestly, it's noticeably stiffer. I'm also riding them on stock shocks, so I can feel slight bounciness when going over little bumps and holes on the road. As I posted before, if you live in the city, and drive in the city, you will want to think hard. I believe the Pro-kit rides much closer to stock, so if you're at all concerned about the ride, go with that. Otherwise, highway ride is awesome. The car looks low but not low enough to cause any concerns in terms of driving. Body roll is gone too, I was slipping between gaps this morning on the highway, and didn't get thrown into the driver-side window as before because of the car rolling in that direction. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-11-2002
Registered!!

GoldLine is an unknown quantity at this point
One would think that being the moderator you would be a little more subjective(and knowledgable). Springs are not more likely to sag on one model over the other. Whether it be the sedan or the coupe, it's makes no difference. Yes, the sedan does way more in the rear than that of the coupe. However, that doesn't mean the springs are sagging. It means that the ride height is too low for the 4 dr (sedan). That is the reason that Gold Line offers separate kits for the sedan(4 dr) and coupe(2 dr).

Also, regarding stereo systems in the rear of the vehicle, the rear spring rate on these springs is less than 300 lbs. Some of the stereo equipment installed in the trunk often ways well over 100lbs. This equates to almost a 1/2" loss in ride height.

Don't mean to slam anyone but, these are common misconceptions regarding coil springs that are rairly addressed. This being a forum, I figured I would shed some light on the topic.
Old 07-11-2002
Registered!!

y2k2ciVic is an unknown quantity at this point
well said goldline!!! I am interested in your springs any comments or why yours over eibach or neuspeed.
Old 07-11-2002
The Standard One

just to let you know i didn't necesarily become a mod cause i know more. i dont want my opinion or information to be valued more then any other member on this board just because of my title... n to clear things up when i meant "sag" in this particular post i meant that the back is going to be lower then the front(cause if you look above that sentence i did say "sag in the rear"). didnt mean that the springs itself will sag(settle over time, giving a lower drop after a year).
and you would probably know more about this so i guess these are questions from me... arent springs measured in how many lbs it takes to lower it one inch? so if the system weighs 100 and the spring rate is 300. wouldn't it be 1/3" and not 1/2". and arent lowering springs progressive meaning that they have a different spring rate depending on the part of the spring your looking at. for example having a 100lb system in your trunk would drop it 1/3" more but having a 300lb would only drop it 1/2"(remember this is just an example) more and not 1" more cause its a progressive spring.
Old 07-11-2002
Registered!!

I see you've done your home work. You are absolutely correct. Spring rate is lbs per 1" of deflection(or spring travel). Now I don't want to split hairs, but Imentioned that the spring rate is "almost" 300lbs and would represent "almost" 1/2". So yes, your absolutely correct. 100lbs of stereo equip would generate 1/3" in ride height. Keep in mind, this is a fairly heavy spring rate for a Honda. 92-00 Civic spring (rear) rates are in the 190lb range.

As far as sagging goes, if a spring is made well, there should be no sagging other than the spring seating on the rubber pad(which normally occurs in the first 48hrs). In my opinion, (and it's only an opinion) Eibachs, Neuspeeds, H&R, Progress, Gold Lines (of course) are fairly similiar in quality and manufacturing techniques. Stay away from anything "not" built in the US. Although, that can be somewhat difficult due to the fact that everyone "claims" there springs are made in the US. Fact of the matter is, other than the ones I've mentioned above, and possibly a few others, most springs are manufactured off shore. The US may not build a fantastic car, but they have their s___ together when it comes to building coil springs.

In regards to variable rate springs, from ride height down to solid height, springs are(for the most part) only functioning as a single/linear rate spring. The variable rate comes into play primarily when the strut is at full droop, coming back down to ride height. The softer rate allows the vehicle to come back to a ride height much softer. Then, as the spring, or vehicle, reaches normal ride height, the spring transitions into a straight rate design. Not the most technical reasoning, but I'm trying not to lose anyone.

Hope this helps. Any other questions, please feel free to contact me in the office anytime.

Jeff
Old 07-11-2002
The Standard One

are the goldline spring rates 300 for our cars and 190 for 99-00? if it isn't, do you know the exact specs for both cars? just wondering why there is such a huge difference. and btw what is the stock spring rate?
Old 07-12-2002
Registered!!

To be exact, the spring rates on the 01> are 290lbs. The 92-00 Civic rear rates are 190lbs. The difference being completely different platforms. Struts located in different positions cause for different spring rates. Keep in mind that these are rear rates only. Stock rates on the 01> are in the range of 250-260lbs.
Old 07-12-2002
The Standard One

woah 100lbs difference... i wonder what makes the rears on our cars so bouncy even when they have a stiffer spring rate.
Old 07-12-2002
Registered!!

Have you driven in a vehicle w/Gold Lines?
Old 07-12-2002
The Standard One

nope, but i heard they were great. but ya sorry i'm sold on neuspeeds tho. although i would most likely choose goldlines over eibach. IMO they(eibach) are way overrated and overpriced because of that. but ya on my list it goes 1) neuspeed, 2) goldline 3) h&r 4) eibachs, probably wouldnt even mess with the rest...
Old 07-13-2002
Registered!!

Here are pics of stock struts with Eibach Sportline on stock rims, dropped 3 days ago.

I like the drop... Not overdone. Not as high as the Prokits.

Attachments:
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] ACF422.jpg (47 Kb)
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] ACF424.jpg (48 Kb)
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] ACF426.JPG (71 Kb)
Old 07-13-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks very nice! Seems to be just a little higher than the neuspeed sports I just installed. I have a 1 finger gap at all corners.

She will look great with some new wheels.

Oh, glad to see you are keeping the nbp baby clean!
Old 07-13-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: Mbow
Looks very nice! Seems to be just a little higher than the neuspeed sports I just installed. I have a 1 finger gap at all corners.

She will look great with some new wheels.

Oh, glad to see you are keeping the nbp baby clean![hr]
Hell ya... The first thing that came to mind when I looked at the car after it was drop was: Man those rims are TINY.

Just had a wash and wax. Such a b!tch to keep these black cars clean and tidy!
Old 07-15-2002
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
well, this page helped me a lot, i was debating between eibach and neuspeed, guess i was right choosing neuspeed, my local shop quoted me for about 210 shipped for neuspeed sports, pretty good? and my friend would install them for about 150... or should i wait till i buy all 4 camber before i do it? and then do the shock/spring and camber all at once?
Old 07-15-2002
The Standard One

uh.. i got mine installed for 210... you could find neuspeeds for 140 shipped... i got mine for 140 at a local shop by working them down from 155. installation should only be 80-100 on average... i got mine done for 70. thats supposed to be your boy and hes charging you 150? if it was my boy i would do it for free or dinner the most...
Old 07-16-2002
Registered!!

y2k2ciVic is an unknown quantity at this point
Thas our general rule, your boys when your done you have to take all of the mout to eat. Hey vnlilman you gotta wacth your friends tho, it took me two days to do a full drop on my accord,=) with 4 of us we bullsh!tted alot. =) they milked me out of two dinners for all 4 of us. 40 bones, them bastards.
Old 07-16-2002
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: VNlilMAN
uh.. i got mine installed for 210... you could find neuspeeds for 140 shipped... i got mine for 140 at a local shop by working them down from 155. installation should only be 80-100 on average... i got mine done for 70. thats supposed to be your boy and hes charging you 150? if it was my boy i would do it for free or dinner the most...[hr]
the local shop claim that they are getting the springs from their source at 180 dollars, and maybe it's just where i live, locally, a spring install cost about 300-250 for JUST the install, so 100-150 bucks for the install sounds good to me...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: eibach sportline springs...how is the ride?????? About to get em for my coupe