Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Pro-kit vs Sportline

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WishIWaitedForRSX is an unknown quantity at this point
Pro-kit vs Sportline

On my 01 Si (Canada) I'd like to try my luck with just springs for now, and koni's next year, since I'm just doing in-town driving. I don't mind a lower sport drop, but anyone know how the drop (Pro or Sport) will affect winter driving in Canada (or any snow driving, really)? And how much gap on stock 15" wheels?

Traditionally the sportline would drop 1.75~2.2" according to the Eibach site, but seems like the 01's will drop only 1.4" rated. Anyone with these springs pls advise.

Thx.
Old 07-03-2002
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
on our cars the prokit is about 1.0-1.3 sportlines 1.4-1.7. i cant tell you how it would hold up in the winter cause i like in sunny california but IMO the prokit doesnt drop low enough to even tell the car is lowered... i could hardly tell my car is lowered even with neuspeed sports.
Old 07-03-2002
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
i have prokit, and to me it's noticable, because before our cars had this monster truck left, and now they look normal. honda should've made our cars 1 inch lower to begin with!
Old 07-04-2002
Registered!!

I completely agree with you, dragoon. The car does look very high at the back, although I've just noticed when a friend drove by with his 02 LX coupe that the 01 EX (Si here) is slightly (but noticeably) lower. Now this could just be that my car's settled from my 190lb weight and his car is brand new, but I remember the Honda sales guy saying that the Si here has a slightly stiffer suspension... Bah, I'll get rid of it soon enough.

So you're basically saying that with a 1" Pro-kit drop I can expect the car to look "normal", and with the sportline I'll start noticing a lowered feel... Can anyone with Eibachs and is north enough in the States or in Canada to tell me if the springs affect the winter ride at all? Of course, I wouldn't know even with the stock springs as the OEM Firestone tires are freaking useless in even rain!!
Old 07-04-2002
Registered!!

RockfordFosgateBwoy is an unknown quantity at this point
i wouldnt go with sportlines in canadian snow, you'll be plowing it with your front fascia even worse if you have any kind of body kit!!!

RF Bwoy
Old 07-05-2002
Registered!!

plastic is an unknown quantity at this point
i'd say don't even bother with the prokits. i've had them and they were alright, but eventually i felt like it just wasn't low enough. so i went and got sportlines, and it's much better in handling and appearance. so basically, i wasted money even though i sold the prokits for 100 bucks.. not bad.. i guess
Old 07-05-2002
Registered!!

orso is an unknown quantity at this point
well i had a set off intrax springs that lowered 2in and i bottomed out on every friggin thing so i got the eibach prokit and i haven't done it yet . i wish the drop was just a little lower so i would go with the sportline if i did it all over again. don't get me wrong i do like my prokit its great but i wouldn't mind that extra half inch
Old 07-05-2002
Registered!!

Thx guys... I guess the general consensus is that the Pro-kit doesn't drop enough, and even the sportline isn't too much compared to other sport springs.

I'll go with the Sportline sans bodykit, and follow with new wheels and then work on a new exhaust...