Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Problem raising lowered car

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98HondaLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Problem raising lowered car

so when I bought my 2003 Civic ex it had been lowered and front and back cambered out (nothing crazy but noticeably ).
I bought new stock ride height struts (front and rear) today I took the old ones out and tried to fit the new ones but the strut seemed too long for me to secure the bottom bolt . I tried to remove the upper control arm but even if it would have went back in I wouldn't have been able to re connect the upper control arm . At a loss any suggestions ?
Old 05-03-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Problem raising lowered car

It can be a fight to get everything lined back up. I remember having to use a big pry bar to get the knuckle lined up with the mounting holes for the strut.
Old 05-04-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the rough

assuming you have both left and right sides in the air so you aren't fighting against the swaybar?
Old 05-04-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RobertD
assuming you have both left and right sides in the air so you aren't fighting against the swaybar?
this

remove endlinks if you have not done so