Suspension Post your issues with Suspension here! Suspension will cover from Steering Column (Steer Wheel is in interior), Suspension, Bearing and Hubs

Civic 7th Gen Suspension Height Issue.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackzdburn is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Civic 7th Gen Suspension Height Issue.

I have recently bought a Civic 2003 EXI. At the dealership i noticed the car's height from front left side is high and from rear left side too low. Check myself and got it checked from a expert and it hadn't been involved in any major accident. The height of right side front and back was pretty decent and in shape. Measured the gap of both the front wheels. On the right side gap between tyre and fender is 4 fingers. On the left it's 5. There are no spacers installed in the front. Though i would want to mention one thing. Once i got the car serviced. When the car was lowered from the lifter to my surprise from the left the car's height and camber front and back both were as if it's totally stock and back in shape. But upon reaching home it again got messed up. There are broken and damaged bushes here and there but what's happening is totally out of my experience. Many mechanics also failed to diagnose what's causing this issue. The rear left wheel's negative camber and height might get solved by changing bushes but what about the front left side. Also notice the front left wheel despite the height issue is as if it's gone inside. Sharing pictures do take a look.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	30706264_197161267728902_6806372744284864512_n.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	112145   Click image for larger version

Name:	30595294_197161287728900_334470758564626432_n.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	112146  
Old 04-15-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Civic 7th Gen Suspension Height Issue.

A small height difference side to side really isn't unusual.
Old 04-15-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackzdburn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone
A small height difference side to side really isn't unusual.
But the front left wheel feels inwards too. Just like straight in not positive or negative camber. Would also like to mention the front left fender was in a pretty bad shape and was dented and painted. Maybe that's the reason for that weird gap between wheel and fender. The rear left wheel as few bad bushings and has gone negative in camber. Maybe after getting the done the issue might get solved of the front left because as i mentioned earlier when the car was lowered from the lifter the left side seemed pretty lowered and nice and after driving it till home things got same again.
Old 04-15-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all

Shock might be bent and hanging up a little.
Bent subframe causing lower control arm binding.

Those are my favorite two reasons for ride height to lose a noticeable amount after extending out wheel via lift and then recompressed.