Suspension Post your issues with Suspension here! Suspension will cover from Steering Column (Steer Wheel is in interior), Suspension, Bearing and Hubs

Strut Replacement (~OE-ish Quality), Front vs. Rear

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mwhit0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Strut Replacement (~OE-ish Quality), Front vs. Rear

So once it's no longer frigid out, I'm planning to replace my stock struts (126k miles on 'em by then). I looked around pretty extensively online to find info on the struts I have in mind and ride feel/compatibility/etc. Due to pricing, I'm planning Tokico Blue/HPs up front, Koni Orange/STR.Ts on the rear.

​​​​​Off the bat, does this sound like a horrible idea/apples + oranges (1/2-pun not intended)? Supposedly both styles of strut are "OE+" quality, with the Koni's being the higher quality of the two models. 1. Would these be acceptable for use together, 2. Are "OE+" struts like these a bad idea for Western PA's 113-potholes-per-mile roads?

[I'm not decided on replacing the springs just yet, if that becomes necessary I'll want the smoothest springs possible, that's for another post]
Old 02-23-2018
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Strut Replacement (~OE-ish Quality), Front vs. Rear

Koni has a lifetime replacement. Not sure if Tokico does or not but known as a very good/great brand.