Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Someone please help... problems with my suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ibrahim Subhan is an unknown quantity at this point
Someone please help... problems with my suspension

hey I just bought an ep3 sir and the things great but the guy who owned it before me lowered it on race land coilovers. As I drive it now the ride is so uncomfortable because the rear just bounces up and down. Some friends told me it's because the struts are blown but Idk what to replace. There is also like this metal rattling coming from the back near the suspension when I go over a bump. What do I have to get to fix the ride quality? Is it shocks or struts? What specific kind do you recommend? Just looking for a comfortable ride..
Old 04-07-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Someone please help... problems with my suspension

a setup that is around 800 or above

racelands are cheap, but you get what you paid for
Old 04-07-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

You can put it back to stock ride height with non adjustable springs. OEM (IRC) are KYB brand. I had a set of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2814224...&ul_noapp=true on an '07 Mazda 3 and ride quality and handling was much improved over the stock KYB's.

I good quality adjustable (height) coilover kit will run around the price poopies listed.A few (among many) brands are:
Eibach, Bilstein, Koni, Tokico, H&R, Tein
Old 04-08-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by turd_ferguson

I good quality adjustable (height) coilover kit will run around the price poopies listed.
sorry, Poopies is another moderator

just messing with you
Old 04-09-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
sorry, Poopies is another moderator
just messing with you
I should've looked more closely at your name..sorry.
Old 04-10-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Originally Posted by turd_ferguson
I should've looked more closely at your name..sorry.
not to worry, i was actually laughing over it

OP,

Ferguson also gave you another alternative, go back to stock