Suspension Post your issues with Suspension here! Suspension will cover from Steering Column (Steer Wheel is in interior), Suspension, Bearing and Hubs

02 Civic HX strut replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RSKtakR is an unknown quantity at this point
02 Civic HX strut replacement

I am looking into replacing all the struts/shocks on my HX Coupe. I don't have a springs compressor and was interested in just buying new springs and struts pre-assembled. Anything I should stay away from? After doing a quick search on google there were lots of options. I'm looking at something like this:

Amazon Amazon

I'm wanting to keep this car stock for the most part as its my DD for work 72 miles a day, 5 days a week. Just looking for a quiet and smooth ride as well as ease of installation. I don't care to lower it or anything. Cheaper is better for my wallet of course, but from what I've learned cheaper isn't always best for the car or the long run. Open to whatever other options/suggestions. I've read that the car has struts in the rear as well but can be changed over to shocks?
Old 03-03-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: 02 Civic HX strut replacement

Just buy the unit together with spring installed to strut like you wanted and drop it in, That way you do not need a spring compressor.
Old 03-04-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 02 Civic HX strut replacement

or you can do what I did.. Sit on the top hat to compress the spring while unscrewing the top nut, then stand up slowly. lol. Not even lying about how I changed my springs way back when.