Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

2005 LX Rear Sway Bars

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sweater914 is an unknown quantity at this point
2005 LX Rear Sway Bars

I've searched a bit on the site and couldn't find an answer. My '05 LX sedan has a rear sway bar, I'd like to improve the sway bar but have seen conflicting compatibility between the EX and the rest of the Civic line. For example, Eibach lists a front and rear sway bar set but for the LX I'd have to upgrade to EX rear suspension parts (I'm assuming the Eibach believes the LX doesn't come with a factory rear sway).

So the $64K question, if my '05 LX has a factory rear sway bar installed, can it use any aftermarket rear sway bar that's applicable to the '01-'05 model years?
Old 11-15-2016
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2005 LX Rear Sway Bars

Yes, if your car already has one then you can use a sway bar for any 01-05. I believe only the 01 non Ex models didn't come with one.

I would look at a Progress bar over the Eibach. Beefier and very high quality. I actually have one that I have been meaning to list for sale.
Old 11-15-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sweater914 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, still researching on how far my I'm going to take the suspension and still maintain a reasonable DD ride.
Old 11-15-2016
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

rsx one fits, too. EX stock is.. 15mm? RSX is 19mm (and, IIRC, RSX-S is 21mm). You can prolly surf some RSX forums to find one for cheap (I got mine from clubRSX for $100 shipped) since they tend to go bigger, too.
Old 11-15-2016
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Just a heads up, the progress bars do not come with swaybar endlinks.

Jeggs makes a nice set that are way beefier than OEM.