Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

D2 Racing RS Coilovers D-HN-20 adjustments

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ekhriz is an unknown quantity at this point
D2 Racing RS Coilovers D-HN-20 adjustments

Hi I have these set of coilovers for a honda civic 2001 and I wanna repair the rear shock absorber bushings. The previous bolt got stuck in there so it needed to be cut off.

I'm thinking the best way to get the old bushings out would be to use one of these pressed tools? See picture2
and probably an electric impact wrench like 330 ft per lbs torque minimum, would that be enough?

Also would this bushing would be fine to fit these rear coilovers? See picture3

One last thing, is it okay to say that the second rear bushing is fine even though the little ends slip offs easily , im thinking replacing it too. See picture4

Any suggestions on how to go about this process would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-17-2016
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: D2 Racing RS Coilovers D-HN-20 adjustments

That tool may work if it has the correct size adapters. Sockets also work. Shouldn't need an impact.

Not sure if those are the correct ones. I personally would order OEM online from Majestic. They are probably not much more for a way better product that you know will fit.
Old 10-18-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ekhriz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GolNat
That tool may work if it has the correct size adapters. Sockets also work. Shouldn't need an impact.

Not sure if those are the correct ones. I personally would order OEM online from Majestic. They are probably not much more for a way better product that you know will fit.
Okay cool, thanks and question why does majestic parts always has two parts listing of the same product with different price? Is one better than the other or something?
Old 10-18-2016
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Not sure why. Always best to match with your VIN though, then you know its right!