Suspension Post your issues with Suspension here! Suspension will cover from Steering Column (Steer Wheel is in interior), Suspension, Bearing and Hubs

Need Help Figuring out a squeak sound

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kennykenny is an unknown quantity at this point
Need Help Figuring out a squeak sound

I have a 2005 Civic LX. I need some suggestions on diagnosing a squeaking noise on my vehicle. Whenever the car is motion on flat or going downhill a squeaking noise can be heard from the rear of the car.

Any suggestions on what the possibilities might be or the first place look to figure the possible problem? Thank you!
Old 09-05-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need Help Figuring out a squeak sound

Figure out how to get the noise to happen without driving. Bounce the rear of the car by hand. Got noise? Chase the sound.
Old 09-12-2016
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Figure out how to get the noise to happen without driving. Bounce the rear of the car by hand. Got noise? Chase the sound.

I bounced the rear of the car from both back corners and there is a squeak from both sides. Shocks?
Old 09-12-2016
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Kennykenny
I bounced the rear of the car from both back corners and there is a squeak from both sides. Shocks?
Or is stuts on the rear of a Civic?

I am not seeing/hearing possible other symptoms to possible worn stuts--Vibrating of the wheel, bouncing, front lunging, swaying, worn bushings etc.
Old 09-12-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kennykenny
I bounced the rear of the car from both back corners and there is a squeak from both sides.
OK you figured out how to duplicate the noise. Now have someone else bounce it while you crawl underneath to locate the source of the noise(s). Use a stethoscope if you need to.

Shocks?
I wouldn't replace anything until I know what the problem is.

I know I don't want to spend a bunch of loot just to find out that didn't fix a problem.