Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Looking for mid-range coilover kit for 2003 Honda Civic EX coupe

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013
Ashley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gr-eenlight is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking for mid-range coilover kit for 2003 Honda Civic EX coupe

I'm looking for a mid-range brand of coilover and alignment (have yet to determine if I need this yet) kit. Im looking for quality but nothing too expensive. Suggestions are greatly appreciated but please provide a review too Thanks!
Old 05-15-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Looking for mid-range coilover kit for 2003 Honda Civic EX coupe

I would say Tein Street Basis would be a good mid level kit ($800). Here is a great write up from a member on them:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...mpression.html

Ground Control sleeves and Koni's would also be another good option.

In the $1200 range Progress would be my choice.
Old 05-15-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm.. if you don't want damper control Tein Street Basis as mentioned above. If you do want dampening control Tein Street Advance (1100) dollars. If you want pure performance get koni yellows and match them up with a good set of springs (1300ish). Progress are fantastic too for around 1200. You have some options, the ones I mentioned your getting quality for that price. Alignment kit you can't really go wrong with Ingall from Dezod.
Old 05-16-2013
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

Hey that's me! Haha!

Yeah, I recommend the TEIN Street Basis. Some other good options in the same price range are the Skunk2 Pro-S II and the Megan Racing coilovers.
For a bit less, you could do Ground Control sleeves with Koni Yellow shocks.
Old 05-16-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Skunk II is known for it's harsh ride, and Megan is made in China... up to you if you want to risk it.
Old 05-19-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aircooledjames is an unknown quantity at this point

If you don't find it necessary to buy new, i bought a used jdm dc5 type r suspension off of ebay for like $250 shipped. They only needed to be modded lightly to fit the em2. The ride difference was night and day and handling was amazing. You will usually find jdm used mugen/showa or dc5 type r suspension for around $250-600. The ride isn't that bad unless you put on a upper strut tower bar then it will get pretty bumpy. Don't mess with megan their stuff is downright garbage. If you're going to spend that kinda of money you might as well buy used OR spend a little more (1300) and get the mugen suspension new. If you want to get up there the best suspension set up i've ridden in is bilstein shocks with eibach or tein springs. It was AMAZING.