Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Raceland Coilover Opinions??

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AllACivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Raceland Coilover Opinions??

Just curious on people's opinion on raceland coilovers?
Old 04-02-2013
CO&CA

TFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the rough
Re: Raceland Coilover Opinions??

do a google search and all your questions will be answered.
Old 04-02-2013
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

what's your gut feeling on a set of $300 dollar chinese made coilovers ???
Old 04-03-2013
Registered!!

dnice78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Try google first... But I actually have a set for my 8th gen and love them.
Old 04-03-2013
Registered!!

i have googled them but all the replies seem to be from people who haven't actually tried them. my gut feeling is that they arn't that good but i want to get people who actually have them like dnice78.
I also do not want to spend alot of money because i will be changing car's within 2 years. I just want my civic to handle much better, i'm not that interested in slamming it to the ground.
Old 04-03-2013
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

They are not gonna handle better with raceland
Old 04-03-2013
Registered!!

Agreed, The ride quality is about the same, maybe a little smoother than OEM. For spirited driving these will not be an improvement, they are for pretty much just for lowering.
Old 04-03-2013
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

My friend had them on his EM2. Lasted about 1 year and the right-front strut failed at the hub connection. Damaged his steering components and crushed his fender. Even after that incident, he just order a new replacement coil and other parts and he's still riding on racelands 2 years later
Old 04-03-2013
Registered!!

so what do you guys recommend to make my car handle better without getting too pricey?
Old 04-03-2013
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

upgrade your sway bars,lowering springs like Neuspeed,Eibach,Tein S Tech,Ground Control,Progress Technology or better tires. tires make all the difference in the world.
http://www.corsportusa.com/store/cat...a&filter_id=19
http://www.corsportusa.com/store/cat...&filter_id=264
http://www.corsportusa.com/store/cat...a&filter_id=12
http://www.corsportusa.com/store/cat...&filter_id=259
http://www.corsportusa.com/store/cat...a&filter_id=28

Last edited by lowlife9; 04-03-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-03-2013
Registered!!

will lowering springs help with handling or are they mainly for lowering the car. that was why i was interested in coilovers because i thought lowering springs just lowered the car while coilovers actually improve handling? Thanks for the replies
Old 04-03-2013
Registered!!

no there not just for looks they reduce body roll and improve turning response. they also reduce nose dive under breaking.
Old 04-03-2013
Registered!!

sweet thanks for the info. i will definatly be picking up a set asap. its getting really nice outside now that winter is finally over
Old 04-03-2013

krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

The best handling upgrades you can do right away:

Bigger rear sway bar & street performance tires.

Those make the biggest difference. Suspension components help too, but that depends on the stiffness of the coils, and from what I've heard, racelands are not very stiff.

If you want a good lowering setup that's cheap, go with lowering springs (Neuspeed, Eibach, or TEIN) and combine them with Tokico HP Blue shocks.
It should be around $400 for that combo and much safer and smarter than overly-cheap coilovers.

Or you might do what I did and realize that installing coilovers is easier and save about $900 to do it well. I never expected to lower my car, but things change quickly when you fall in love with your car
Old 04-03-2013
Registered!!

I already got the street tires, will be ordering rear sway bar and lowering springs. is there any other companies other than Tokico with the HP Blue shocks that i should look into?
Old 04-03-2013
CO&CA

TFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by krudmuphin
The best handling upgrades you can do right away:

Bigger rear sway bar & street performance tires.

Those make the biggest difference. Suspension components help too, but that depends on the stiffness of the coils, and from what I've heard, racelands are not very stiff.

If you want a good lowering setup that's cheap, go with lowering springs (Neuspeed, Eibach, or TEIN) and combine them with Tokico HP Blue shocks.
It should be around $400 for that combo and much safer and smarter than overly-cheap coilovers.

Or you might do what I did and realize that installing coilovers is easier and save about $900 to do it well. I never expected to lower my car, but things change quickly when you fall in love with your car
So I am in the process of doing this now.... been through the coils cost me about 1200$ to do it right....

The new setup is Tokico Blues with Neuspeed sports.. Im spending a bit more to replace the strut mounts on the front and back and adding some wheel spacers. Total is coming to about $700.

Tokicos - Fronts $240 (2) , Rears $160 on Amazon ($400)
Neuspeed Springs $170

Total for standard parts are about $570

I spent another 150 on replacement parts as the strut mounts are original, rusted and beat.

Could have got some coils for the same price but all depends what you want.
Old 04-03-2013
Registered!!

looking at those prices it may be a better option to go with coils depending on the condition of whats already there. Which is easier in terms of labour, the springs/shocks, or the coilovers?
Old 04-03-2013
Registered!!

Artificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura about

Racelands are for form, not function.
Old 04-03-2013
Registered!!

Both are easy, just takes practice, but I would say coilovers for the fact of not dealing with spring compressors.
Old 04-04-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by AllACivic
looking at those prices it may be a better option to go with coils depending on the condition of whats already there. Which is easier in terms of labour, the springs/shocks, or the coilovers?
that depends some full coilovers like Progress require you to use the stock mounts so its basically the same amount of labor. you can use KONI yellow inserts but thats slightly more work since there replacing the damper in your oem struts http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/t...ic_suspension/ the most popular setup regarding price and performance is KONI yellow's with Ground Control adjustable sleeves ground control use eibach springs.

Last edited by lowlife9; 04-04-2013 at 07:28 AM.
Old 04-04-2013

Even so, with coilovers, you don't need to use a spring compressor as the lock nuts provide the compression when you adjust them. Spring compressors are a hasle in my opinion and was one of the reasons I decid to go with coilovers in the end.
Old 04-04-2013
Registered!!

so which coilovers are best bang for buck, keeping the bucks as low as possible. i don't have a spring compressor and probably not easy access to them.
Old 04-04-2013
Registered!!

how much are you willing to spend guy.
Old 04-04-2013
CO&CA

Not sure why everyone says spring compressors are hard.... Can rent them for FREE from your local pepboys and / or auto zone.... pay 50$ get it back when you return it.

Super easy to use...

Remember some coils require you to use stock tophats and strut mounts... unless you buy all new parts to that you will have to dismantle the stock strut anyway requiring the use of a compressor....
Old 04-04-2013

Stock struts are not compressed too tightly to teh point where you'd need a compressor to take them apart. As long as you safely use the foot technique demonstrated in Mex's suspension tutorial in a wide open area (and cover parts with a towel to help keep parts from flying), disassembly is really easy.

The good coilovers don't start until you hit almost the $800 range. For that money, you've got SkunkII, Megan, and TEIN coilovers. All are pretty good (I have TEIN Basis myself)
Old 04-09-2013
Registered!!

im looking to spend between $500 and $1000. don't want to go too expensive and im in canada so i have to pay duty on anything coming out of the USA.
Old 04-09-2013

I'm sure there's plenty of dealers in Canada.
(Lucky you, this forum is dominated by Canadians, excluding me)

There are some great coilovers in that price range, so start looking and let us know which ones catch your eye.
Old 04-09-2013
Registered!!

i believe you can get Koni yellows and ground controls for a grand or under.

Last edited by lowlife9; 04-09-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Old 04-21-2013
Registered!!

onedr is an unknown quantity at this point

nothin' to do with racelands...but after lowering mine on teins, i realized i want to go lower. i dont know if i browsed enough but for around the same price of gc+koni's, i might juss get hsd coilovers off tdotperformance.com for 1280..free shipping..no duty, custom, brokerage ****.
Old 04-21-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by onedr
nothin' to do with racelands...but after lowering mine on teins, i realized i want to go lower. i dont know if i browsed enough but for around the same price of gc+koni's, i might juss get hsd coilovers off tdotperformance.com for 1280..free shipping..no duty, custom, brokerage ****.
those are just re-branded chinese ebay coilovers there the same as godspeed,D2,k-sport.megan the list goes on and on. there's no way in hell i would choose any of those over a Ground control + KONI setup.

Quick Reply: Raceland Coilover Opinions??