Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Need answers, mostly on camber

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PearlVic is an unknown quantity at this point
Need answers, mostly on camber

In the next week or two i am getting acura rsx type s struts and shocks which should lowee my car 2.25 to 2.5 inches, im sure the front will be able to be adjusted and ill need to get rsx tie rod ends, as for the rear, i will hav.e to trim the lower bushing, and i also need to know which rear camber kits will give me enough adjustment to have it aligned correctly. Just need yo make sure i gotbmy stuff in order.
Thanks guys
Old 09-29-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Need answers, mostly on camber

Hold on, first off, stock rsx struts arnt going to make you car lower. Unless you are putting aftermarket springs on there.

Second, the rsx struts arnt built that much better than our stock ones and will definitely NOT handle a 2.25" drop. You will blow them out.

Third, why do you have to trim the lower bushing? Arnt you just installing struts? Where ate you getting your info?

And finally, to answer your question, any rear camber kit will work. The rsx and 7th gen civics are interchangeable. (ksport, spc, ingalls, etc)
Old 09-29-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Ok so I just read your other thread. From what i understand you are getting your friends setup, But stock rsx struts sill still not last for that low of a drop

But I guess if they're free then they're free right?

Whats your current suspension setup?
Old 09-29-2012
Registered!!

Lower bushing are bigger if i aint mistaken, and idk if theyre stock or not and yeah my buddy has em on his rsx and he got then from ome of ny other friends so they are lasting and havent blown didnt tell me what springs are on it but itll lower my car just over 2 inches and ill fir sure hve to get rsx tie rod ends right?
Old 09-29-2012
Registered!!

And sorry right now im running factory suspension with eibach prokit
Old 09-29-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i don't see the point of replacing stock struts with stock struts not to mention the rsx is heavier and has stiffer spring rates then spending money on tie rods and alignment to be left with blown rsx shocks.i could see if it was a full aftermarket suspension setup. it just seems like a giant waste of time and money. i would rather buy some koni yellow inserts and used ground control sleeves.
Old 09-29-2012
Registered!!

Like i said idk if they are factory or not but i do know they aremt blown and they have bnn on 2 different cars my friends have the extra $ for coils i dont lol
Old 09-29-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

doesn't matter your missing the bigger picture when those struts eventually blow and they will blow your going to have to spend more money replacing them when you could have just saved a little money for something better. like i said you can find used ground control sleeves for cheap. do things rite the first time.
Old 09-29-2012
Registered!!

I understand you, but if struts and shocks arent factory then they might not blow, im trying to look on the optimistic side of getting them for free, all ill be buying is the camber kit, i can install them for free and get a free alignment, oh and my friend works at oreillys he told me he would hook me up with some moog tie rod ends