Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

questions about lowering my car for the first time

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
enigmatic jc is an unknown quantity at this point
questions about lowering my car for the first time

So here's the deal, I decided to lower my car with tokico blues hp series with eibach sportlines. The current specs of my rims is 17 x 7.5 with a +38 offset on a 215-45 tires and a few questions i have are:

1. With the rims and tires I have, will I have to roll the fenders?

2. In regards to a camber kit, am I fine with just the rears or should i get ones for the fronts also?

3. Even though it states that the sportlines will lower 1.7"-2.3" it will settle at 1.4" correct?

4. What would be a good website to buy these products from?

Thanks in advance
Old 07-17-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: questions about lowering my car for the first time

1. No need

2. Every car iwill ve slightly different. You will need an alignment to see how off you are. You will most likely need front and rear camber kits

3. It's different for every car and if you have subs and what not. They will drop your car about 1.4" and where does it state 1.7-2.3" ???

4 autoanything. There is a 10-15% off coupon code somewhere. Look for it.
http://www.autoanything.com/suspensi...A2619A0A0.aspx
Old 07-17-2012

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Oh yea one last note. I would only buy springs n stuff at an authorized dealer for warranty purposes. Autoanything is a reputable place. EBay is NOT. You have been warned
Old 07-17-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

3. - not all cars will have same height. having subs on rear for example will make rear lower. it's just an ball park.
Old 07-17-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
1. No need

2. Every car iwill ve slightly different. You will need an alignment to see how off you are. You will most likely need front and rear camber kits

3. It's different for every car and if you have subs and what not. They will drop your car about 1.4" and where does it state 1.7-2.3" ???

4 autoanything. There is a 10-15% off coupon code somewhere. Look for it.
http://www.autoanything.com/suspensi...A2619A0A0.aspx
its just that when i look at websites it always says "Lowers your car 1.7" to 2.3" for a maximum drop that preserves ride quality" so i thought that's what it would be.

Anyways, thanks for the replies. I have another question, I know I have to get an alignment after i lower it, but how about when i switch out my wheels for my winter ones do i need to get another alignment? and then another one when i put back my summer ones?
Old 07-17-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by enigmatic jc
Anyways, thanks for the replies. I have another question, I know I have to get an alignment after i lower it, but how about when i switch out my wheels for my winter ones do i need to get another alignment? and then another one when i put back my summer ones?
Changing your wheels does not mess with your alignment, so there's no reason you should have to realign it. The only time when you need to have an alignment is whenever you adjust anything on the struts.

Depending on what year of Civic you have, you may only need the rear camber kit. If you have a 01-05 then I can confirm this. The front already has decent adjustability but you'll want camber arms for the rear if you don't want that "dog-legged" look. I recommend Megan Racing, Wicked Tuning, or Ingalls camber adjustment arms.
Old 07-17-2012

its just that when i look at websites it always says "Lowers your car 1.7" to 2.3" for a maximum drop that preserves ride quality" so i thought that's what it would be.

do you have the links to that specific web site you are talking about?

unless they are coilovers, reputable brands (like eibach) will never tell you "it will drop your car from xx" to xx"

you might have miss read it as the description telling you the front drop is different from the rear drop.
Old 07-17-2012

Originally Posted by krudmuphin
I recommend Megan Racing, Wicked Tuning, or Ingalls camber adjustment arms.
id recommend the first two but not ingalls/SPC.

i had an ingalls and it RUSTED to HELL within the first 6 months.

within 9months (about 15k miles) the rubber bushing from the camber arm cracked and went to *****.

im currently running on ksport body made of aluminum which wont rust. ive had it for about 2 years now with over 30k miles and its holding up perfectly fine.
Old 07-17-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
do you have the links to that specific web site you are talking about?

unless they are coilovers, reputable brands (like eibach) will never tell you "it will drop your car from xx" to xx"

you might have miss read it as the description telling you the front drop is different from the rear drop.
http://www.autoanything.com/suspensi...3-001b2166c2c0

the third bullet in the features section

and also: http://thmotorsports.com/eibach/eiba...s/g-50321.aspx

i am probably misunderstanding what it says.
Old 07-18-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

It says 1.7-2.3" because that's not a model specific listing, on your car it's something 1.7" F&R iirc.
Old 07-18-2012

Originally Posted by MindBomber
It says 1.7-2.3" because that's not a model specific listing, on your car it's something 1.7" F&R iirc.
pretty much nailed it. the 1.7-2.3 is a general "drop" but has no specific application. sportlines for a civic might be designed to drop that civic 1.5"

while the same product line ("sportlines") that are deisnged for a 350z might drop the 350z 2.3"
Old 07-18-2012
Registered!!

ahh ok that makes sense. thanks for clearing that up. ill keep you guys updated with what i do or if i have any other questions. thank you all for the help.
Old 08-24-2012
Registered!!

so i just got the eibach springs and had a question...they have this black thing on them (see pic) and i was wondering if i should keep them on or remove them when i install them? they're also on the front ones
Name:  IMG_0458.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  223.5 KB
Old 08-24-2012
Please, DubTee is my father, call me Dub

dubtee1480 is an unknown quantity at this point

so i just got the eibach springs and had a question...they have this black thing on them (see pic) and i was wondering if i should keep them on or remove them when i install them? they're also on the front ones[/IMG]
Made of rubber, polyurethane or a similar material, right? Those are there to prevent metal to metal contact under compression, leave them on.
Old 08-25-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

keep! they reduce or eliminate "spring noise" when the coils rub.
Old 08-25-2012
Registered!!

thanks guys! i just finished installing them i just need an alignment . ill post pics soon
Old 08-27-2012
Registered!!

SSMCivicCoupe will become famous soon enough

thanks guys! i just finished installing them i just need an alignment . ill post pics soon
How was the install? Was it hard? Anything to look out for? Was it hard to get the tie rod out? I'm getting my springs this weekend and was debating on if I should install myself or pay a shop to do it for me.
Old 08-28-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by SSMCivicCoupe
How was the install? Was it hard? Anything to look out for? Was it hard to get the tie rod out? I'm getting my springs this weekend and was debating on if I should install myself or pay a shop to do it for me.
the install went pretty smoothly given the fact that my dad did most of the work, but we didnt run into any problems. I would recommend to do it with another person though it just makes it easier, but it is doable by yourself