Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Will Hotchkis Links Fit EX?

Old 05-02-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dryft will become famous soon enough
Will Hotchkis Links Fit EX?

I need to know if the HOTCHKIS FRONT END LINKS, (Part No. 25405F), when combined w/ my H&R front sway bar will fit on my 2005 Civic EX SE 2 dr 5 spd? [I know I've read that the links will only fit 02-05 SI, but I need to know for sure]

IF the hotchkis end links aren't applicable for my vehicle/sway bar set-up, does anyone have any recommendations for the next best top of the line end links I could use?

Last edited by dryft; 05-03-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old 05-03-2012
Registered!!

Re: Will Hotchkis Links Fit EX?

bump, i need to order these ASAP. Someone out there must know the answer!
Old 05-03-2012
CO&CA

TFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the rough

Moog makes decent ones I have heard.
Old 05-03-2012
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't tell you if those will work. However, the best ones for the civic are these:

http://www.dezod.com/pd_dezod_motors..._spec_rear.cfm
Old 05-03-2012
Registered!!

Dezod's brand over Ingalls and hotchkis? Is it really the best quality available for fit? Should I just replace all 4 endlinks to reduce the risk of breaking my rear stock links w/ my H&R sway and keep an even wear on all 4 links? Or just replace the broken ones up front?
Old 05-03-2012
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Up to you. It's an upgrade regardless so I'd probably do all 4. Depends on how much cash you have.
Old 05-03-2012
Registered!!

cash isn't a problem when it comes to quality. I guess I'lll go with front and rear dezod end links since I can't get any definitive answers from anyone else. (I did read a few comments praising corsport though). You've convinced me haha, any additional parts required/information i should know for the dezod links?
Old 05-03-2012
Whachya lookin at?

I don't personally have them so I can't tell you. I just know of a few members that have mentioned they are good. I can't really tell you if you need any other parts either
Old 05-03-2012
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

They'll fit. I have the Hotchkis Pillowball Endlinks for the front, regardless of the RSX or Si only tag. Plus, they're adjustable. Is there a reason you ugraded the front swabar?
Old 05-03-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I have Hotchkis endlinks, they're very good. If I had not gotten a good deal on them however, I would have opted for a Whiteline set.
Old 05-04-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by maxtierney
They'll fit. I have the Hotchkis Pillowball Endlinks for the front, regardless of the RSX or Si only tag. Plus, they're adjustable. Is there a reason you ugraded the front swabar?
Are you positive? I just finally made up my mind last night to get Moog's set front and back lol, just after hearing so many great things about moog and them being available in the local store for pick up, but I haven't bought anything yet.

SO, why exactly does hotchkis not include civic EX models if it will fit? (I guess they mean stock EX model sway bars? Meaning the sway bar directly affects the link model fitment, not the car....eh idk..)

And I upgraded both my sway bars a while back, I guess b/c they were offered as a package deal and I hadn't read anything about people removing their front sway bar to reduce understeer or w.e. the hell it does, if that's why you're asking.

weblink for hotchkis part? Or recommendation atleast...
Old 05-07-2012
Registered!!

Now I've just been told Moog is just like stock quality? which is what I don't want, I need/want stronger than factory links for the bigger bars...lost
Old 05-07-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,437 Likes on 1,193 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

have you seem the moogs? they are huge in size.
and yeah, depending on if i am at an autox and tight course, i remove the front sway endlinks for added grip in fronts.
Old 05-07-2012
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, I'm positive. RSX and Si owners will typically swap in EM/ES sways. No issues. Only difference us with the Type R front control arms front and sways. All three are basically interchangeable, except ball joint diameters, which isn't a concern here. I'm using true competition spherical endlinks "designed" for the DC5. Horrid fronts and ASR rears. Bulletproof. Difference is night and day, stronger, beefier materials, designed for track use.