Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

passenger side cv shaft problem

Old 04-17-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
samuelito210 is an unknown quantity at this point
passenger side cv shaft problem

ok so i took my civic 05 ex manual transmission to get the cv axle shaft replaced because the boot was cut. So they get the job done and i drive away with my car. Turns out the next day there is transmission fluid everywhere. So i take it back and they said that the axle came out of the differential but not completely out jst enough to let the oil leak out. So they fix it and once again i drive away. Again the problem occurs. So this time i take it back once again and they change the c clip at the end of the axle and pop back in and they say that should do it. Now im here posting this thread because the problem reocurred. i took it somewhere else to take a look at it and they even bought an original honda oem clip and still nothing. The axle does not lock in the differential. you can easily pull it out. So any body have any suggestion as to why this is happening? The axle is good the length and everything and so is the differential splines etc its jst that it wont lock inside. Is the manual axle and the automatic axle shafts different for the 7th gen civics? maybe the guys that i first too it too didnt think so. Help!!!!!oh the axle was remanufactured one not new.
Old 04-18-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
samuelito210 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: passenger side cv shaft problem

come on no suggestions. I need to mobilize myself for school and before i decide to do anything to the car i would like to hear some opinions. Thank you
Old 04-18-2012
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: passenger side cv shaft problem

Take it back to the shop and tell them to get their **** together and fix your car right. It's most likely the axle or something they did wrong.