Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

opinions on Progress CS1 vs Tein Street Basis coilovers

Old 03-15-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spiffyweb is an unknown quantity at this point
opinions on Progress CS1 vs Tein Street Basis coilovers

2005 EX-SE Sedan

I've narrowed my choices down to the Tein Street Basis and the Progress CS1 coilovers...

the price is diff is around $100 or so, so that's not huge.

I'm most concerned about the Progress 650 rear spring rate vs 448 on the Teins...I drive alot of miles, 50/50 highway/city...so i'd like it to be pretty "comfortable".

I'm thinking the Teins probably ride a little nicer, but I'd also like to be able to keep a full size spare and the space saver at the same time.

I've also considered Tokico HP and Neuspeed Sport springs, since they seem to be the only ones who make a sedan specific spring, but I'm not really looking to drop that low (1.75f, 1.50r).

Which is a good reason to go with the coilovers, to maintain the ride height adjustability - which takes me back to the start - does the Tein Basis ride better than the heavier Progress?

Everyone seems pretty happy with the Progress, and there are very few Basis reviews (which is a bit concerning).

thoughts on one vs the other in a sedan?
Old 03-15-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: opinions on Progress CS1 vs Tein Street Basis coilovers

the tien basis are based on the tien basic design that are known for blowing prematurely probably because of the low spring rate coupled with people maxing the ride hight out because they don't lower very much. get progress the ride is very comfortable and there very reliable.
Old 03-15-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: opinions on Progress CS1 vs Tein Street Basis coilovers

Progress are better than Street Basis, hands down, and I'm biased towards Tein since I'm on Super Streets.