Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

this children is why you dont go "drifting" on public roads

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough
this children is why you dont go "drifting" on public roads

sooo i was being retarded...sliding around a parking lot...got a little full of myself and took it to the streets...and well...ended up hopping a curb...

but yea no leaks thank god, just scared the **** outta me. drove it home after a short inspection of the damage. just the bumper popped outta the clips by the headlights. popped it back in.

only problem is now the steering wheel is crooked af. but drives like normal.

anyone know how to fix it?
Old 12-01-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aetoc will become famous soon enoughAetoc will become famous soon enough
Re: this children is why you dont go "drifting" on public roads

You may have bent a tie rod...did you take it on the highway? I'd have that checked out pretty soon, especially if you hear noise or feel vibrations on the highway.
Old 12-01-2011
Registered!!

pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

no noise no vibrations yes i took it about a mile on the highway to get home since it was driving fine. literally everything is like normal but the steering wheel. btw i took the curb head on so both front tires hopped it at the same time. back tire didnt touch it. curb was about 6 inches tall.and i was probly goin about 20 or so when it hopped
Old 12-01-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

get an alignment. they will tell you if something got messed enough that it cant be aligned. im sure some sort of damage was done, how much is hard to guess. could be a number of suspension components and even bent rim.
Old 12-01-2011
Registered!!

wouldnt a bent rim cause a vibration tho? and i took it around the block again (we have speed bumps in the plats) and went over them at around 20 mph and no weird noises. i just think its weird how i can do that but the car handle exactly the same afterwards. besides the steering wheel. and on my other car when the alignment was off it would pull right. but it doesnt do that. i can let go of the wheel and itll drive perfectly straight.
Old 12-01-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

My thoughts would be either a bent lower control arm or tie rod. Both are fixes that you should be able to handle yourself for under $100, but it might be a bit difficult to diagnose exactly what part.

If I had to bet money on the source of the problem, a lower control arm is bent upward forcing a tie rod to one side.
Old 12-01-2011
Registered!!

hmm...think its safe to drive like that? i might take a video to show you guys the steering wheel while i drive
Old 12-01-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pwnsauce
hmm...think its safe to drive like that? i might take a video to show you guys the steering wheel while i drive
For short distances, probably, but you'll never know what was damaged or how severely until you look under the car. If you overstressed a bolt or a part, it could be on the verge of snapping. If you need to drive for work tomorrow, take corners slow and keep the speeds low, but it's a risk.
Old 12-01-2011
Registered!!

i dont work tomorrow...so il probly take it to get an alignment since i probly needed one anyways...and see if that makes the wheel straight again, and hope i didnt f*** anything else up
Old 12-01-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

drifting!!! what is there snow on the ground ???
Old 12-01-2011
Registered!!

lol actually yes but not on the road...i said "drifting" as in e-brake sliding
Old 12-01-2011
Civ ILL

drmcstford is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like someone was watching the fast and the furious..... !!!!
Old 12-01-2011
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

lol, i did this to once in 09 =D. got all cocky in my housing complex then tryed one at an intersection... busted the plastic lining on the bottom of the car...

fast and the ferious! i guess i'm "still a busta".
Old 12-01-2011
Registered!!

this should be real big at the beginning and end of all the movies

*DISCLAIMER*
IN REAL LIFE CURBS EXIST.
IN REAL LIFE YOUR LANCER HAS NO CHANCE AGAINST A FULLY BUILT 69 CAMARO
IN REAL LIFE PEOPLE GET SPEEDING TICKETS
THIS MOVIE IS BY NO MEANS REAL LIFE

Old 12-01-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mac25
lol, i did this to once in 09 =D. got all cocky in my housing complex then tryed one at an intersection... busted the plastic lining on the bottom of the car...

fast and the ferious! i guess i'm "still a busta".
lol luckily i upgraded from the stock 14 steelies to 17s and havent dropped it yet...so my car actually sits a bit higher than stock, so no damage to my radiator or oil pan that i could see.
Old 12-01-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

you live and you learn. i totalled my first car. lol
Old 12-01-2011
Registered!!

if i total this car ill buy a geo metro...so that way ill never wreck a car im attached to again lol
Old 12-01-2011

mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pwnsauce
this should be real big at the beginning and end of all the movies

*DISCLAIMER*
IN REAL LIFE CURBS EXIST.
IN REAL LIFE YOUR LANCER HAS NO CHANCE AGAINST A FULLY BUILT 69 CAMARO
IN REAL LIFE PEOPLE GET SPEEDING TICKETS
THIS MOVIE IS BY NO MEANS REAL LIFE

really?
camero "400 hp (298 kW) (with optional dual-four barrel carbs) at 6800-7000 rpm" and "3,120-lb. curb weight"

no trackion control, abs, or 4x4

vs:

evo 7 (fast and the ferious 2)

"horsepower officially remained at 280 PS (206 kW; 276 hp)" and "2,910%u20133,086 lb" curb weight.

^stock numbers, i have no idea what brian was running while the news caught him on video. lol

in a drag race the camaro would own all noobs but in an auto X or heavily curved track or streets, i'm not sure the camaro would win.

ps: it wasn't a drag race they won the mustle cars in it was a tag team match and brian did throw that guy off buy playing chicken with him, he didn't just magically win against the higher hp car in a drag race.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGnYM0wT0t4[/YOUTUBE]

ps: my car needs more neon! =D
Old 12-01-2011
Registered!!

i forgot about that
Old 12-01-2011

...ya i like those movies wayyyy too much, lol. ima sleep, ttyl Pwn.
Old 12-01-2011
Registered!!

yeah they are good movies tho...later man
Old 12-01-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Mac25 defines ricer, but in a good way
Old 12-01-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Mac25 defines ricer, but in a good way
"good way"?

Old 12-01-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Fast Five was by far the best one.

BTW: I totaled my first 4 cars. lol.
Old 12-01-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

you can easily bend suspension parts and have the car still drive fine, but those parts are now compromised and can snap unexpectedly (like when making a turn on a mountain road and off the cliff you go, literally). im not sure how some of you guys can lock the rear wheels with the ebrake. i can slam mine up and the car barely slows down. every car ive driven is like this even the civic when new and now after a brake job and parking brake adjustment its still the same. i would prolly still have an accident if the brakes failed and i had to stop with the ebrake. it barely keeps the car from creeping forward in D.
Old 12-01-2011
A scene before your eyes

Balzdpr is on a distinguished road

Yea, I agree Gearbox.
It also doesnt help when your girl throws the gas to the floor with the break on and commences to drive on down the road. That really ****s your **** up. BAD.
Old 12-01-2011
Registered!!

TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light

If my e-brake is on, my car only moves if the rears wheels slide. I have never had a car with such a good e-brake.
Old 12-01-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Fast food tray drifting. ftmfw.
Old 12-01-2011
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

I wanna try that so bad....
Old 12-01-2011
Registered!!

only problem is...what excuse are you going to use when the cop asks why you have mcdonalds trays under your tires...

but maybe you guys need new brake shoes. cuz i didnt even pull it that hard and they locked up and somehow spun around 90 degrees facing me towards the curb lol

btw didnt make it to the shop today...hopefully it holds up for a few days

Quick Reply: this children is why you dont go "drifting" on public roads