Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

suspension

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rodrj145 is an unknown quantity at this point
suspension

hey can anyone help me, i am new here so im going to need some help with my honda, i have a 03 civic ex coupe brought the car stock, now im redoing my suspension, i got kyb's all around, eibach springs (pro),ball joints, sway link, lower control arms, just about a new front end, now this is the biggest question mark i really cant solve, many ppl here say dont get a camber kit (front and rear) i was told to get one so im confused, also what would be the widest you can go on tires. i had 195/45/17, now i went out and got me 225/50/17 new but not installed yet, everything is on hold right now, thanks ppl keep up the great work..
Old 11-30-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: suspension

Welcome to the forum, I see you've been here a couple months now.

225/50/17 will more than likely rub, the largest tires most of us run when lowered are 215/45/17.

You do not need a set of front camber bolts, those would only be necessary if you are lowered more than 2". Rear camber arms are somewhat debatable with the relatively soft eibach spring rates, you could get away without an upgraded camber kit, but if you drive hard I would strongly encourage you invested in one. Megan makes good quality camber kits for around $115.

Now I have a question for you, which KYBs did you buy?
Old 11-30-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Welcome to the forum, I see you've been here a couple months now.

225/50/17 will more than likely rub, the largest tires most of us run when lowered are 215/45/17.

You do not need a set of front camber bolts, those would only be necessary if you are lowered more than 2". Rear camber arms are somewhat debatable with the relatively soft eibach spring rates, you could get away without an upgraded camber kit, but if you drive hard I would strongly encourage you invested in one. Megan makes good quality camber kits for around $115.

Now I have a question for you, which KYBs did you buy?
, friend says it"ll be ok and its pretty cheap, i got them on my car now as we speak, all i have to do now is replace my front end parts and drop them on eibach pro springs.. ps ill change them to 215/45/17, thanks
Old 11-30-2011
Registered!!

whoops, not sure which is the ones that i have on, i suppose standard, got them at autozone
Old 11-30-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Well, if they're KYB GR-2s they WILL blow. Just a heads up. They might last a year, compared to tokico blues which would last 5-6-7 years with lowering springs.
Old 11-30-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Well, if they're KYB GR-2s they WILL blow. Just a heads up. They might last a year, compared to tokico blues which would last 5-6-7 years with lowering springs.
ok thanks, i guess well just have to go with them for now til they blow, hey i saw this one yesterday...http://www.ebay.com/itm/120752853622...ht_5121wt_1185

what do you think?
Old 11-30-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

I would use a wicked tuning camber kit on my car, they're pretty decent quality, comparable or a slightly below Megan.

Aftermarket rear control arms are another story, very few stand the test of time, complete bushing failure within a year is common. The only ones I would run are Function 7, Omni Power or possibly the updated version of Skunk2. They also don't do a thing for performance, they just look pretty. If you want a cheap and very effective suspension performance part, buy an RSX rear sway bar, $50-60 from a junk yard and it will transform the way your car handles.
Old 11-30-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by rodrj145
ok thanks, i guess well just have to go with them for now til they blow, hey i saw this one yesterday...http://www.ebay.com/itm/120752853622...ht_5121wt_1185

what do you think?
hey thanks for the education, im looking them up right now...
Old 11-30-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rodrj145
, friend says it"ll be ok and its pretty cheap, i got them on my car now as we speak, all i have to do now is replace my front end parts and drop them on eibach pro springs.. ps ill change them to 215/45/17, thanks
?
really not even sure why yer LOLying, sound advice above, but anyways, it sounds that yer after looks, so don't bother with camber kits.
if your inside tires start wearinbg out, it's because yer not pushing the car enough in corners. period. toe kills tires, not camber, like everyone thinks