Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Going Higher

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough
Going Higher

Alright heres my problem/question. My car used to be lowered with a ground control coilover kit. Probably 2 inches. The dumbass owner before me paired those coilovers with stock struts. Really? Looks like no camber kit either. So im guessing my alignment is way off. But... I recently switched to stock struts on all four. Will my car be way out of alignment? I havent driven it yet i hope its good enough to get to the shop at school. Opinions?
Old 10-31-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Going Higher

any time you change the suspension parts the alignment will change. how much is not certain. you can do a visual and if the wheels dont look like this / then youre prolly okay to drive to the shop.
Old 11-01-2011
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by gearbox
any time you change the suspension parts the alignment will change. how much is not certain. you can do a visual and if the wheels dont look like this / then youre prolly okay to drive to the shop.
it looks like the rear wheels have a slight positive camber, but as long as it doesnt have much toe in or out i think ill be good. my autos teacher scared me when he said he had a student change struts at home and the alignment was so bad the car couldnt run and it took 20 + students to push it into the shop. what would cause something like that?
Old 11-01-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

That's an extreme scenario.

Lots of people work on their suspensions and never get an alignment, never mind just driving to the shop for an alignment. Use common sense, as long as nothing is crazy off then it's fine to drive.