Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Anybody notice...?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Anybody notice...?

As mentioned in the 8th gen forum: Anybody with OEM suspension (or if you remember before you got the drop) notice the backend dip significantly on larger dips and such on the highway? The '01 I have now and the brand new '01 I had before this both did it and I was just wondering if it's pretty standard?
Old 08-20-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anybody notice...?

yeah the shocks are garbage. i noticed it the first time i drove off the dealer lot in 02. felt like i was riding on spring and bouncing all over the road. remember the 01 is when honda started their cheap experiments to change everything around and try to reduce costs. as a result of what started nearly 10 yrs ago, the company is failing badly today. i would never consider buying another honda again unless they make serious changes.
Old 08-21-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

drove a freind's some days ago.
seems to be normal - he said shocks are 15k.
saw another yesterday bouncing all around the tail, but that must have been just that - blown shocks
Old 08-21-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Thanks for the replies. I think the consensus is they are pretty weak, especially with weight in the trunk.
Old 08-21-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

yup! civic OE rear suspension are like a show of "shake it, baby, shake more!"
a great show for who is coming behind...
Old 08-21-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

after only 3 yrs when some friends and i swapped springs, the rear shocks were so weak and failed, we did not even use a spring compressor. they just fell out when we loosened the bolts. not even a tiny pop, just fell out like there was no pressure at all lol. fronts were not much better but the rears have a serious problem. with tokicos its so much better the rear actually stays up where it should now. been riding on tokicos with a nice firm ride no bounce for over 4 yrs (with lowering springs too!) and they still feel like new. the rear bounces right back up first time with no sag.