Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

ep3 strut bar options

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jered123 is an unknown quantity at this point
ep3 strut bar options

i was thinking about putting strut bars on my car and was wondering what brand to go with and if there is different stiffnesses to them to achieve different cornering styles...my car is lowered. i dont know what kind of kit is on there the previous owner put it on there and i was told it was adjustable. its already a very stiff ride but its not bouncy and its the first car ive owned or even driven thats lowered so im not sure if all lowered vehicles are super stiff like mine or not... ive noticed on hard cornering that there is some understeer and was also wondering if a certain strut bar would take care of that and give me some oversteer.
thanks
Old 07-24-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: ep3 strut bar options

Strut bars make your car feel stiffer and will help to induce a bit of oversteer, but not much. To put it in perspective, many serious autocrossers often prefer to save weight run passive chassis braces like subframe braces and strut bars.

Upgrade your rear sway bar and think about the strut bar later.
Old 07-24-2011
Registered!!

jered123 is an unknown quantity at this point

so would a stiffer sway help with the understeer or a softer one
Old 06-25-2012
Registered!!

MrPopeye will become famous soon enough

THICKER is actually what you are looking for. A good one for EP3's are the '05-'06 Acura RSX Type S rear sways, which are a direct bolt on. Or Progress makes a good one.
But +1 on what was said above. The sway bar should be your first option. If your coilover's are adjustable, and are DAMPENING adjustable, stiffen the rear and soften the front. That will help as well. Play with the settings until you get the desired effect that you want.
Old 06-25-2012
CO&CA

TFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MrPopeye
THICKER is actually what you are looking for. A good one for EP3's are the '05-'06 Acura RSX Type S rear sways, which are a direct bolt on. Or Progress makes a good one.
But +1 on what was said above. The sway bar should be your first option. If your coilover's are adjustable, and are DAMPENING adjustable, stiffen the rear and soften the front. That will help as well. Play with the settings until you get the desired effect that you want.
the last 2 threads you have replied to are from 2011...