Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Sway Bars

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dustysaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Sway Bars

Hi, I just wanted to get anyone's opinion about what kind of sway bar they recommend. I would like to go with Eibach on the front, but for the rear sway bar, Eibach says that for the civic models other then the s.i (or in the states, ex) you have to replace a whole wack of other parts such as bearings and links.

I do not want to replace all that stuff. Is there another brand which makes sway bars where you do not have to replace other parts? Of the brands I have checked (neuspeed, megan racing), Eibach is the only one to mention this, and it makes me wonder if it is true of all rear sway bars for my model.

Suggestions? Comments?
Old 06-27-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Sway Bars

Read in my sig
I took my eibach out, BTW

Last edited by sdaidoji; 06-27-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-28-2011
Registered!!

OK. Idk what you meant by sig, but i clicked on ur suspension link and found a little bit about sway bars, but not much. I did find that the stock sway bar size for front and rear. Seems like maybe a waste of money to go from 12 mm stock to the eibach 16 mill. What do you think?

Also when you say you took your eibach out, are you referring to just your rear sway bar or front as well? Did you notice a big difference with the front sway bar? Going from 15 mm to 26mm?
Old 06-28-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

the fronts you don't need. put a RSX rear (look scrapyards) or the progress rear. Fronts will just make the car go straight in the corners instead of turning.
If you don't have a rear currently (yeah, some models do not come with...) you will need adaptors or used arms.

from post #13:
"Note that some kits offer a front/rear sways. Well, the front sway on the civic is just big enough. What our cars need are the REAR SWAY, not the fronts. Keep that in mind. Eibach kits are just too big in the front and veery smal - not nearly enough. This relates to the tendency to understeer in FWD/Front engine cars."

There are more info going down in the sway bar thread
what i said was mentioned there for example :P
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...-vehicles.html

Last edited by sdaidoji; 06-28-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old 06-28-2011
Registered!!

Cool thanks!
Old 07-05-2011
Registered!!

CGaud is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw a sway on ebay... 40-45 shipped but I actually picked up the last one in my state for $35. I installed it the other day and it actually took longer than I expected bc of the stubborn endlinks. Have some PB Blaster on hand for this job and perhaps a wire brush to clean of the threads before attempting to remove them