Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Neuspeed Race & Koni Rear?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bruce Law is an unknown quantity at this point
Neuspeed Race & Koni Rear?

Hey guys i've got some Neuspeed Race Springs coming in this weekend. The Koni rear shocks have two lower spring perch settings on them, right now i have H&R lower springs on them on the lowest perch setting. I have heard with Neuspeed Race Springs you have to put it on the normal top setting, is this true? Or can i put it on the lowest setting also? And what is this i read about cutting the bump stops on the rear also, that doesn't seem right to me.
Old 08-19-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Neuspeed Race & Koni Rear?

if you don't cut the bumps, they will hit the struts way earlier than you would like it to.
The moemnt they hit, your spring rate will go to the skies.
Old 08-19-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
if you don't cut the bumps, they will hit the struts way earlier than you would like it to.
The moemnt they hit, your spring rate will go to the skies.
Hey sdaidoji, i just got a reply from neuspeed and this is what they said.

We do not recommend cutting bump stops with our Race Springs. Cutting stops or removing them could damage Koni shock if it bottomed out and will void warranty.

So i'm still confuse on that one, you say this they say that. Does anybody have this set up on a 7th gen civic coupe?
Old 08-19-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

curious.
Not really sure, unfortunately, never used them.
Let's hope somebody with experience with them butts in here...
Old 08-20-2010
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

You'll know when you get the spring. When I had the koni's I could not use the top perch bc we couldn't compress the spring enough to install the shock and win I did the *** was like 5 inches higher than stock lol. This was on an 03 civic.
Old 08-20-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
You'll know when you get the spring. When I had the koni's I could not use the top perch bc we couldn't compress the spring enough to install the shock and win I did the *** was like 5 inches higher than stock lol. This was on an 03 civic.
Was this neuspeed race springs you had or some other spring? Just asking because i don't want to do the job twice, especially in this hot freakin whether my garage gets like 100 degrees.
Old 08-20-2010
Registered!!

MDEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont use those springs. Konis WILL blow on progressive spring setups. Reason people slam on GC's is because theyre a linear spring.
Old 08-21-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MDEM2
Dont use those springs. Konis WILL blow on progressive spring setups. Reason people slam on GC's is because theyre a linear spring.
I sorry but what you just said is really confusing. Your telling me to not get progressive springs and not to get linear springs what else is there. The neuspeed race springs go best with koni or bilstein shocks, that is what i've read.
Old 08-21-2010
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

I had these on maxspeed lowering springs 1.3 inch drop and they were progressive.
Old 08-22-2010
Registered!!

MDEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bruce Law
I sorry but what you just said is really confusing. Your telling me to not get progressive springs and not to get linear springs what else is there. The neuspeed race springs go best with koni or bilstein shocks, that is what i've read.

People slam on GC's cause its a linear spring. Its safe. Dropping more than 2.0" on a Koni with a progressive spring CAN result in a blown shock - but doesnt mean you WILL blow it. It depends on conditions, just like lowering on stock shocks may not blow them, chances are it will blow them.