Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Ground Control Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EM2Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Ground Control Opinions

So first of all I have searched on the forum in regards to the ground control sleeves, and can see that many are using them with Koni's. But I want to know what is anyones opinion towards the ground control sleeves. Such as, Spring Rate? Length of the spring? and any experience with other shocks/struts (KYB AGX, Tokico D-Spec or Blues), How the ride is? (Firm, Bouncy, etc)

I drive a 2002 LX Coupe and use my car as a daily driver with some spirited driving and through the mountain curves. I don't plan to drop lower than 1.5" because I will have a full lip kit and will be maintaining 15" wheels. I am looking for a setup that will be firm but also comfortable, and am usually the only person in my car. The other reason why I want something with height adjustment is to level out my car, due to driver side leaning from gas and driver weight on that side.

I may just go with the pro-kits and upgrade my shocks.

Thanks guys
Old 05-18-2009
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ground Control Opinions

I went from Koni to Tokico blue, I prefer the Koni. I get more body roll with the tokico and the front likes to push. They are too soft for my liking especially the rear but are firmer than stock. Comfortable ride but just not sporty enough for me. I'd get the d-spec next time around. FYI i had these paired with springs 1.5" drop but I don't think you can go wrong with Ground Controls. Check out Boilermakers thread on them bc he recommends different springs for different setups.
Old 05-18-2009
Registered!!

Thanks ronaldo, I'll have a look into it. I remember reading up on the DIY install on the Koni shocks.

If anyone else has any opinions, feel free to post.
Old 05-18-2009
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

what are you going to use them for?

is it ever going to touch the track?
Old 05-18-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Curiouz_G
what are you going to use them for?

is it ever going to touch the track?
I'm just using my car as a daily driver with some spirited driving and driving through the mountain curves. But I don't have any plans in the future for track use either.
Old 05-18-2009
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

id suggest a coilover setup then.

take a look at Tein Basics.
Old 05-18-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Curiouz_G
id suggest a coilover setup then.

take a look at Tein Basics.
Well I was looking into coilovers, but the pricing for the Tein Basics from a local performance shop would charge me $1640.00 Canadian without install and without top mounts. If I were to go with a set of coilovers I would want a set that comes with everything for an easy install, such as Megan Racing. By all means I know that suspension is not cheap especially to do it the right way the first time around.
Old 05-19-2009
Registered!!

if thats the case, then koni's or D specs with GC's would be nice
Old 05-19-2009
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

+1 what he said.
Old 05-19-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by EM2Driver
Well I was looking into coilovers, but the pricing for the Tein Basics from a local performance shop would charge me $1640.00 Canadian without install and without top mounts. If I were to go with a set of coilovers I would want a set that comes with everything for an easy install, such as Megan Racing. By all means I know that suspension is not cheap especially to do it the right way the first time around.
i run koni+gc and love em. i dont really track my car either, but i do run the canyons quite often; and they are awesome. i also drive over 400mi with them a week, which means they are totally daily-drivable

as for an "easy" install, not soo much. is it doable with the right tools? totally. its just a paint in the lil *** to cut the tube, drill the hole, and insert them in. but are they worth it? every moment and even penny.
Old 05-19-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
colourwolf will become famous soon enough

seeing that he is in Canada, it wont be a easy install....

all the bolts will be seized like no f-ing tomorrow.....
Old 05-19-2009
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

i agree, get some gc with koni's. I had them on my integra, they were a excellent combo. Don't get tein basics for the 7th gen. I had them on my 7th gen and they are crap. The rear shocks are too soft for those springs. Make the rear bounce like a low rider.
Old 05-19-2009
Registered!!

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I have heard lots of great things for koni, just the part of having to install is whats holding me back from them. The other options I was thinking of for struts are D Spec's or AGX.

What specific spring rates would you reccomend? I believe that I read in Boilermakers thread that for the rear he needed the spring length to be 6" also.
Old 05-23-2009
Registered!!

*Bump*

Anyone now which spring rates would be the best? Daily driver with spirited driving (Comfortable yet stiff to an extent)
Old 05-23-2009
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

Use the rates I've got posted in my thread. Its been so long I cant remember... (425/525?) Easiest thing to do is call GC direct, tell them you want the springs from the RSX kit with the civic mounts. Definitely make sure you get 6" springs for the rear though.
Old 05-23-2009
Registered!!

Thanks Boilmaker, I'll make sure to keep that in mind.