Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Progress Springs, Tein S Tech's, H&R Springs

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EM2love can only hope to improve
Re: Progress Springs, Tein S Tech's, H&R Springs

Originally Posted by +MM+
I have the Progress springs, and they give a nice drop cosmetically (1.8" front/2.0" rear) with minimal sag in the rear. When I first bought them, I used them with my stock struts and I wouldn't recommend this at all. My struts didn't even last for one year. I am using KYB GR-2 struts now. They seem quite durable and are pretty inexpensive, but the ride is a bit harsh on bumpy roads (even with my OEM springs). On a nice, smooth road they're excellent. I don't have experience with other brands, so I would suggest getting advice from someone who has used various brands. But, as far as Progress goes, I think they make great products. I've heard good things about their full coilover set-up as well. I think Dezod has a deal on them at the moment. Here's a pic of my drop...

See you ride height is perfect!
I'm settled, i'm going to get the Progress Springs and then Tokico Blue's.

Also what size are you wheels (tires and rims)
Old 12-15-2008
Registered!!

LittleTicoy is an unknown quantity at this point

I would save up your money to get a coilover system. I'm planning on getting a set of Tein Basic Coilovers.
Old 12-15-2008
Registered!!

ProckEm2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LittleTicoy
I would save up your money to get a coilover system. I'm planning on getting a set of Tein Basic Coilovers.
thats the best idea, i regret spending money on springs, i love my coilovers.
Old 12-15-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Is the Tein Basic much better than the Koni yellows with GC sleeves? I have been thinking about the koni+gc setup for a while now. I want to get rid of my stock struts and the Tein S.tech.

Last edited by 2005EM2; 12-15-2008 at 10:09 PM.
Old 12-15-2008
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

get progress coilovers. made in America, not taiwan.
tein basics are a decent ride and can feel like stock with smooth roads, but there are better alternatives
Old 12-15-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kcari
get progress coilovers. made in America, not taiwan.
tein basics are a decent ride and can feel like stock with smooth roads, but there are better alternatives
Thanks, Kyle. Now the next question is, Tein Flex vs. Progress Coilovers? (I think Flex, right? oh, along with that EDFC thingy.. that would be awesome!)

So you wouldn't consider koni yellows+gc?

Last edited by 2005EM2; 12-15-2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12-15-2008
Registered!!

kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

i would consider koni yellows and gc, the combo is proven, but there might be some mods you have to do in order to fit the yellows - im not to sure about that.

but i prefer full coilovers over the sleeve kind. might be easier to adjust i guess? another thing with tein basics is that u have to reuse some OEM parts like top hat, rear dust covers, etc. kind of a pain to disassemble and reassemble.

tein flex sounds way expensive and the EDFC just sounds like a waste. just adjust the dampening yourself and save a crap load of money. I think flexes are gonna be a lot mroe expensive than the progress. The only thing i hate about the progress is that the springs are ugly looking.
Old 12-15-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

Originally Posted by kcari
i would consider koni yellows and gc, the combo is proven, but there might be some mods you have to do in order to fit the yellows - im not to sure about that.

but i prefer full coilovers over the sleeve kind. might be easier to adjust i guess? another thing with tein basics is that u have to reuse some OEM parts like top hat, rear dust covers, etc. kind of a pain to disassemble and reassemble.

tein flex sounds way expensive and the EDFC just sounds like a waste. just adjust the dampening yourself and save a crap load of money. I think flexes are gonna be a lot mroe expensive than the progress. The only thing i hate about the progress is that the springs are ugly looking.
Okay, thanks for the input.

I can't afford the Progress coilover system right now, nor can I afford it in a year either lol. I might try out the Koni combo in the near future until then, i'll just wait for my stock struts to blow on me and then I'll be forced to use my credit card on a new suspension system.
Old 12-15-2008
Registered!!

you can pick progress coilovers up straight from their anaheim shop. no need to go through middle man.
Old 12-15-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

How much are they selling it for?
Old 12-15-2008
Registered!!

u can probably get it for 950 or less.
Old 12-15-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

Wow.. haha.. My credit cards can't afford those lmfao
Old 06-26-2010
Registered!!

brandonparsons is an unknown quantity at this point

dont get lowering springs. i got skunk 2's and then bought tein basics two weeks after. even lowering springs with aftermarket struts suck compared to adjuatables.
Old 06-28-2010
Registered!!

mando_vzl is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Progress Springs, Tein S Tech's, H&R Springs

Originally Posted by brandonparsons
dont get lowering springs. i got skunk 2's and then bought tein basics two weeks after. even lowering springs with aftermarket struts suck compared to adjuatables.
I thought with a coil-over set up you feel like you are riding a skateboard...
I'm familiar tokico D-specs, nice to adjuts the damper yourself...but if you want your commuter econo-ride to feel and ride like an acura...mmmm...i dunno whats the right combo.
Old 06-28-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brandonparsons
Not necessarily.. I was perfectly content when I had my s-tech/blue's setup..
That is, until I came across an AMAZING deal on some Tein SS's with the pillowball upper mounts..

It's a good setup for people that want a good look with a bit of performance. Then again, it's a pain when I wanna adjust my ****. The adjustable dampering I have on mine is real nice though

I thought with a coil-over set up you feel like you are riding a skateboard...
What the hell do you mean by that? lol
Old 06-29-2010
Registered!!

mando_vzl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Not necessarily.. I was perfectly content when I had my s-tech/blue's setup..
That is, until I came across an AMAZING deal on some Tein SS's with the pillowball upper mounts..

It's a good setup for people that want a good look with a bit of performance. Then again, it's a pain when I wanna adjust my ****. The adjustable dampering I have on mine is real nice though

What the hell do you mean by that? lol
Well, i meant that a coil set up is for a more performance oriented driving...not for daily commuting. If I'm wrong, then what would be a good "comfortable" and "sporty" setup?
Old 06-29-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I've never dealt with tein basics so I can't tell you how stiff it is, but my ss's have adjustable dampering.. It's really about how much money you wanna spend.

For ***** and giggles on a cross country road trip, I set it at it's max soft setting, and it was kinda nice. I drive around (daily driving, mind you) at 6/16 all around, 1 being the stiffest.

But, like I said, I was perfectly happy with the s-tech/tokico blues combo when I was running that setup.