Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Squeaking Noise From My Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008
Dear Mr. Toilet, I'm The S.H.I.T.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all
Squeaking Noise From My Suspension

My car has been making this weird squeaking noise evertime I drive like from the shock or springs I really dont know what it is, sounds like an old bed lol... What could it be? I'm riding on oem suspensions.
Old 05-27-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Squeaking Noise From My Suspension

hmm, is it cold out? alot of times it could just be the shock or spring or both rubbing on stuff. or could be the sway bar endlinks. go around and spray some white lithium grease on them
Old 05-28-2008
Registered!!

chkolny will become famous soon enoughchkolny will become famous soon enough

yea this has deff been covered a few times, its very common on civics apparently (mine included)
Old 05-28-2008
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

my right side passenger area has a chirping noise when i have a passenger. under normal conditions everything is all good. i had a lot of squeeking noises when i was on springs and stock shocks.
but once i replaced with coilovers i was good
Old 06-01-2008
Registered!!

f1n-5 is on a distinguished road

i had the same problem a few months ago...

is your squeaking noise coming from the rear suspension?

mine was the bushings, i packed that bitch with silicone lube. no noise coming from that bitch so far!
Old 06-01-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah those bushing def can get noisy when the grease comes out. if the have aftermarket sway links, can spray those with lithium grease too. even the stock ones i bet even tho there is some rubber in there. if its cold tho the suspension always tends to make more noise and give a rougher ride. now that its 80 here, i cant hear a sound and the ride is much softer.
Old 06-01-2008
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

my rear lower control arms squeeked... needed to be replaced kuz they were cracked to hell... that was over a year ago... still arent replaced.
Old 06-01-2008
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

just lube everything, rubber or poly, itll clear all ur squeaks out
Old 06-01-2008
Premium Member

lol speaking of rear control arms, mine are really bad too. at least when its 80F+ outside, the poly bushings make no noise only on cooler days can you hear them crunching.
Old 06-01-2008
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

i did the tsb for rear suspesion squeak about 2 years ago, no squeaks since, minus the camber kit
Old 06-02-2008
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

my suspension squeaks like no other. you should hear the car when i jack it up.
Old 06-02-2008
Registered!!

kuNhoHan will become famous soon enough

mine squeaks ... but its jsut the camber kit that makes the noise
Old 06-02-2008
Banned

get a grease needle and grease the bushing on the camber kit, its really easy, and cheap, and fixes for like 8 mos with a harsh winter
Old 06-03-2008
Dear Mr. Toilet, I'm The S.H.I.T.

IrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to allIrockCivics is a name known to all

I tried wd40 and it took the noise away like for 2days then it came back lol
Old 06-03-2008
Banned

again, grease needle man, temp fix, but a longer temp fix