Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

dropzone springs for 02. too long???

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
emmett02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question dropzone springs for 02. too long???

bought drop zone dpsp1013 for my 02 civic but the rear springs are longer/taller than the stock springs. are these the right springs? part number is correct as far as my research proves. 02 ex coupe and a new member to forum. thanx for any help
Old 02-10-2008
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Re: dropzone springs for 02. too long???

Originally Posted by emmett02
bought drop zone dpsp1013 for my 02 civic but the rear springs are longer/taller than the stock springs. are these the right springs? part number is correct as far as my research proves. 02 ex coupe and a new member to forum. thanx for any help
aftermarket springs usually have dead coils.

Pics would help.
Old 02-11-2008
Registered!!

emmett02 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey robb, thanx for reply. dead coils? sorry, no dig camera so no pics. if dead coils, do they need to be cut or do they compress more? the dz springs have 9 coils. thanx again for your time and knowledge
Old 02-11-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

dead coils are coils that are fully compressed when there is load on them. so when the car is lowered onto the ground with the springs on there will be no space between a few of the coils (making it shorter hence dropping the car)

my friend is riding on dropzones on an 02 civic and the drop is decent. on stick sized tires he is probably lookin at a 1.5 finger gap all the way around.