Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Very Bouncy Ride. What to Do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
qijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to all
Very Bouncy Ride. What to Do?

i have a 2001 ex coupe and its runs fine. the only thing i kinda dislike is how it very bouncy going over cracked roads or bumpy roads. what would you pros suggest i change so i can get a better quality ride? oh, btw everything is stock. hope that made things easier. thanks alot everyone.
Old 07-19-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nchilds21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Very Bouncy Ride. What to Do?

yea i have the same problem... except my are is a sedan
Old 07-19-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice

Bouncy ride with stock suspension :-s hmmm
Old 07-19-2007
Look at me im a supporting member

civicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nice

i for one dont know nothing about that kind of stuff what kind of stuff would you need to do to make it better
Old 07-19-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

get aftermarket struts, and then get lowering springs, itll be a rougher ride but it wont be so bouncy, i have an 02 ex and an 01 lx and the lx is lowered and i like the ride much more, even though its bumpier
Old 07-19-2007
Registered!!

qijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to all

what kind of springs and struts are good, for a better ride and lowering?
and whats a camber kit i hear sometimes?
Old 07-19-2007
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute

camber kit straightens out the wheel after you lower it so you dont get uneven tire wear, when you lower it your car wheel will sit like this \ when looking at if from the back or front, a camber kit brings it back to stock like this l although it wont be that drastic

depends on how low you want to go, there are tons of setups

Last edited by RHCP0801; 07-19-2007 at 11:10 PM.
Old 07-19-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

and b4 u ask, YES u need a camber kit if u drop, but setup depends on how low u want to go, take a look around the suspension area under 7th gen, ull find a lot of answers there
Old 07-19-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

get better shocks, oem sucks. even a strut bar helps handling. i cant believe how people can drive this car in stock form. i couldnt even make a turn at 15mph without feeling like the car was gonna slide.
Old 07-19-2007
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about

well, if you want a more comfortable ride, i definately would not suggest you lower your car at all. that will just make it worse.

i would suggest you get some softer aftermarket springs, and some better struts (better dampening). that will be the answer to what you're looking for.
Old 07-20-2007
Registered!!

pinoyjdmr is an unknown quantity at this point

if I had your car I would invest in a full coil over system that has dampering that has 32 way ajustable and maybe that will solve your bouncing around and yeah get some camber kit like the member say and your ride should be smooth aights hope to see some pix on that setup .................
Old 07-20-2007
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point

check out the review on Tokico hp with stock springs

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...k-springs.html
Old 07-20-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

im getting tokico installed now with my prokit drop! finally lol. the stockers were on there over 50k miles and just started to leak.
Old 07-20-2007
Registered!!

yamahaSHO is an unknown quantity at this point

Being on stock suspension, you could very well have a blown strut(s). It seems to be common for the stock struts to blow. In fact, one of mine is completely blown. I will be replacing them with Tokico Blue's as it is marginally more expensive for all 4 compared to 1 OEM strut from Honda. I'm not looking 'modify' this car, so comfort is a big thing for me.

Originally Posted by civicfan1203
i for one dont know nothing about that kind of stuff what kind of stuff would you need to do to make it better

Then why post?!
Old 07-20-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Da1lyDr1ver
well, if you want a more comfortable ride, i definately would not suggest you lower your car at all. that will just make it worse.

i would suggest you get some softer aftermarket springs, and some better struts (better dampening). that will be the answer to what you're looking for.

are there any aftermarket springs that do not lower ur car at all? i dont think so.. not that ive seen. maybe im wrong...anybody can verify? cuz that post makes no sense
Old 07-20-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

^ teins Htechs...they lower ur car very very minimal and its a SMOOTHER and better ride...

htechs are made for comfort....and boy, when i had em for my accord, it was like flying on clouds.
Old 07-20-2007
Registered!!

RangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the rough

Tein Basics are not bad..what i put on mine..

Old 07-20-2007
Registered!!

is the Tokico Blue's any good? i've seen many threads saying that they blow fast. is that true? and something like they cant handle stiff springs? what exactly are stiff springs? and does anyone know anything about kazera street sport springs?
Old 07-20-2007
Premium Member

well yea they blow fast because people are running them on huge drops which they were not designed for. 2 inch max for them, but i wouldnt go past 1.5 inch to be safe. i just got the fronts put on and really i cant notice much of a difference from stock. the ride just feels "newer" lol.
Old 07-20-2007
Registered!!

which springs are good for about 1.5" drops? and how do u adjust them?
Old 07-20-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

tien s-techs...usually go about that low
Old 07-20-2007
Registered!!

Syke Fu will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by qijian
which springs are good for about 1.5" drops? and how do u adjust them?
You need coilovers if you want to be able to adjust the height/dampening, etc.
Old 07-20-2007
Registered!!

whats the setup you guys have for lowering and for a better ride? and do you have a camber kit?
Old 07-20-2007
Registered!!

rice4lyfe will become famous soon enough

eibach pro-kit is a really good and dependable brand. they only drop 1.3"

I had them and they were soft as oem but stiff enough to take mildly fast turns with good stability.
Old 07-20-2007
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute

why are you asking we have camber kits, just get one cause you need one unless you like buying tires every 6 months
Old 07-21-2007
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

if you want the most comfortable ride. then just go with stock springs with aftermarket shocks. Most aftermaket springs are stiffer then stock, so you will have a rougher ride. Stock shocks should be fine for dd unless your shocks are blown or your driving over really large bumps too fast.
Old 07-21-2007
Premium Member

nah the stock is still too bouncy. i felt quite a difference switching to tokico. the stocks would let the car bounce up/down 3-4 times before settling down. the new tokicos bounce once and immediately settle again. and its not that the stocks were bad, actually one just blew a week ago, but two yrs ago when i first put the lowering spring on is when they got bouncy. heck even with stock spring the ride was bouncy. my dad commented on the rear bouncing on the second trip the dealer with 80 miles on the car
Old 07-21-2007
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point

^haha yeah my dad was pissed too at how bouncy my stock civic was. after i got tokicos and yokohama tires, he was like hey your ride is more settled and less road noise (better tires)
Old 07-21-2007
Premium Member

omg stock civic, omg dont bring back terrible memories haha. with the crapstone tires that sounded like bus tires, and only lasted 18k miles before going bald, the terrible sound damping, horrible audio system that sounded like my clock radio, steering so bad i could barely take corners under 20mph, wow. amazing what a few mods and a ton of time can do lol
Old 07-21-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gearbox
omg stock civic, omg dont bring back terrible memories haha. with the crapstone tires that sounded like bus tires, and only lasted 18k miles before going bald, the terrible sound damping, horrible audio system that sounded like my clock radio, steering so bad i could barely take corners under 20mph, wow. amazing what a few mods and a ton of time can do lol
Thank god for after-market parts, our civics would be granny cars without them.

Quick Reply: Very Bouncy Ride. What to Do?