Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Very Bouncy Ride. What to Do?

Old 07-21-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
Re: Very Bouncy Ride. What to Do?

the stocks seem fine to me, then again i only drove a stock car for about 2wks before i sold my car.
Old 07-22-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice
Talking Re: Very Bouncy Ride. What to Do?

hahahahah Gearboxes comments abt stock civics !!! hahahahaha I cant stop laughin ... Its true though man ... i feel like Honda used the cheapest and most degraded quality stuff for our 7thgens man!!! ...

A number of things that go bad before u even hit 50K miles ... (Let alone the 110K mile tuneup thingy) :

1) Clutch has to die along with the pressure plate.
2) dont feel lucky if u have an Auto coz by 40k Miles u will probably be looking for a new tranny
3) In Manual Trannies you do have to get one of the Bearings replaced. Be it the Mainshaft or the other one.
4) Tires I wish i had signed that extra $500 bucks for the TIRES 4 LIFE thing, but again they would give me the same crappy tires again n again
5) Shocks I dont blame coz if u lower em ... they are gonna go bad !
6) CD players lens burns out as soon as u hit 36001miles
7) Rotors on our civics need to be replaced as frequently along with brake pads u save some n labor that way then getting em done seperately !
8) AC compressor starts making that TURBO SPOOLING noise
9) And the list goes ON n On n On n ON >................................
Old 07-22-2007
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

I didnt have any issues with my 04.

i had 70k on my auto. Tranny was still strong, and i was still on original brakes and rotors before i sold my car. I agree that the stock tires suck ***.
Old 07-22-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i seriously think the factory brake pads were "trial size" haha. you know how when you buy a printer and it comes with like a 1/2 full toner just for testing? cause mine barely lasted 20k miles. im on my second set of real pads and they are still doing fine 30k miles later (and i actually use the brakes more now than i did when i ifrst had the car). same goes for the tires. what normal tire wears down in 20k miles on a civic?
Old 07-22-2007
You Stay Classy, San Diego

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

my struts are blown too. I got tein flex coilovers. havent installed yet. I have to wait for 14mm adapters to get here. Then im installin em. Then maybe wen i get more money i'll get EDFC. If i was you i'd get tein superstreet with pillowball or flex. And get the EDFC. Pick a drop u like then u can change dampening all you want with the push of a button.
Old 07-22-2007
Registered!!

thatdamndeejay will become famous soon enoughthatdamndeejay will become famous soon enough

hehe....actually i dont think that there is an aftermarket spring that will keep your car at oem height. However, there are springs that will give you a VERY small drop (1.0 to 2.0 inch drop).
Old 07-22-2007
Registered!!

ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

yeah but are there any that wont sag in the back if say you put in a box and some amps? My ride is pretty bouncy on my 02 as well and its driving me crazy. Car is in the shop now cause someone decided to back into my front end.
Old 07-22-2007
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute

yea my stock brakes sucked too, i upgraded to slotted and hawk pads in the front and rear once i did the rear disc swap....so much better than what came with the car
Old 07-22-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well i found out i need new tires lol. the messed up stock shocks totally ruined them. the tread is all crooked and weird and it vibrates at hi speeds. blah.
Old 07-23-2007
Registered!!

ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

I have been staring at the HP's (blues) for a while now...after driving some loaners and new stock struts in the front I really think most of my bounce HAS to be coming from the back....Anybody try replacing the rears on their own? Only fronts require doing another alignment right?
Old 07-23-2007
Premium Member

anything you change in the suspension requires alignment whether it be new tires, new shocks, springs, whatever. otherwise bye bye tires. im having the shop do my rears tomorrow hopefully, theres no way i wouldve been able to cause the bolts were frozen and rusted. they had to order new parts and theyre gonna cut off the old ones. so ill post up if it improves the rear bounce. i have the fronts in and they are much firmer, once one bounce and it levels off right away. rear still bounces 3-4 times over bumps on the stockers lol.
Old 07-23-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

^yeah.. Blues OWN frost heaves and bumps, you hit em' and the car is rigid immediately
Old 07-23-2007
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

blues are nice but i like konis better. Dampening adjustment is worth the money. Hey has anybody tried tokico dspecs???? are they good
Old 07-23-2007
Registered!!

qijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to allqijian is a name known to all

i decided and got teins s-techs with tokico blues
cant wait to get them installed in a few days