Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

eibach sportlines please help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold
eibach sportlines please help!!!!

i tried searching but apparently i really really suck at it...please help

a guy wants to sell me a set of Eibach Sportlines.. they have about 1500 miles on them and the lifetime on these is 50,000 miles. They have not been slammed and are in very good condition..he wants 100$ which to me seems reasonable...

question: these were for his 03 civic ex coupe...i have an 02 civic ex coupe.. will i run into any problems. also, i plan on getting koni yellows at the start of this summer. will my stock struts hold off until then? or shoudl i keep them in the closet and keep dreaming. also what else will i need to have a nice aggressive looking drop and an ok ride. i dont mind if the ride isnt better than stock or if its alittle bumpier but not a crappy ride... will koni yellows and eibach springs suit me well? full coilover systems from good companies are in the 1000s price range wich i dont have at the moment and i really wana drop my car...any info would be greatly appreicated...
Old 05-01-2007
Ultra-Platinum Super Bonus Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really nice
Re: eibach sportlines please help!!!!

well before i got my blues (which i love the drop on, it's moderate so you don't scrape, but low enough to seal the gap) i rode on my stocks with eibach sportlines for about 10,000 miles with no problems at all. but everyone drives different, and there's different roads to blow your shocks on.
Old 05-01-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

do u remember how low ur drop was with just the springs? did it look ok? so you just have the tokico blue struts and springs and thats all u need?? sorry im kinda suspension-tarted
Old 05-01-2007
Registered!!

SilverCivic504 is an unknown quantity at this point

You definately gonna need shocks and cambers for the sportlines ... Its a real nicee drop like so.ill said. But u might wanna do it all at one time
Old 05-02-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

I rode on stock struts on my ES2 with sportlines for a little bit and it was fine. They didn't blow or anything. When I traded the car, I swapped the springs back out with the stock ones and the struts were still perfectly fine. Just don't try to jump speed bumps and you should be fine.
Old 05-02-2007
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

pick up a set of tokico blues (340) and a camber kit (160), total = $600
Old 05-02-2007
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light

Wait and do it all at once. Your stock shocks may last, they may not. Either way, why go thru the effort to put on the springs, then turn around in a couple of months to take it all apart again to put on the shocks? And as everyone above said, get a camber kit.
Old 05-02-2007
This is Myspace

i herd the tokico blues dont like big drops...ive herd 1.5" is all theyll handle... if i do buy a set of tokico blues..is that price for all 4?? sorry i should look that up, but i dont think its 340 for all 4 corners....i was planning on getting koni yellwos for 500, for all 4...if i can get all 4 blues for 340 thatd be wayy better...lemme know! and thanks for all the help
Old 05-02-2007
Registered!!

jcpham is an unknown quantity at this point

rode on my sportlines for years with stock struts. at least 50,000k miles and all was well.
Old 05-02-2007
Registered!!

Autoreload is an unknown quantity at this point

First off the price you were quoted was for all 4 shocks.. I was able to find $354for all 4, but hey, you may get a little luckier and find them for $340... Second, the drop for Sportlines is only about 1.4-1.5 inches... Not too low, but as mentioned enough to fill that gap pretty nice (I still got a small gap, but you can only see it looking dead-on with the rim). So you will be good to go with Blues and Sportlines (I have the same setup).
Old 05-02-2007
Registered!!

HondCivc91 is an unknown quantity at this point

eibach sportlines rated for 50,000 miles?? lol ... that's the craziest thing I've ever heard. Maybe thats the warranty? Springs don't go bad, unless if you cut them or drive like an a-hole over speedbumps, potholes, and beat the living crap out of them
Old 05-02-2007
This is Myspace

^^ true...i duno thats what i was told
Old 05-02-2007
Registered!!

0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough

tokico blues or some decent coilovers and a camber kit. Thats all you need.
Old 05-03-2007
This is Myspace

u think putting on these 03 springs on my 02 will be a problem? theyre for an 03 coupe ex...i have an 02 coupe ex
Old 05-03-2007
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light

Springs for 01-05 are the same